Surrogates For Thyroid Hormone

Peata

As for me, I did not feel anything different after my morning dose. I took it again around 3 p.m. - coffee and 100 mg. caffeine pill, 500 mg. niacinamide, 325 mg. aspirin. I didn't take more B1. I wasn't sure I felt anything noticeable beyond what I normally feel. But I will try again tomorrow with more caffeine and more B1 just to see.

SQu

Warm and sleepy!! That's what it's doing! and to think I Was expecting jitters!
This morning I took 225 mg caffeine, 300 mg aspirin , 500 mg niacinamide. Two hours later I repeated it. Oh, plus 500 mg B1 the 2nd time. Pulse. 80. Temp 36.6. It feels like progesterone.

Peata

I just took 162 mg. aspirin, 500 mg. niacinamide, 500 mg. B1, 175 mg. caffeine, and having coffee. I'm going to buy a better thermometer today.

Peata

Am I the only one trying this who isn't also on thyroid medication?

Lin

Tried 2 cups coffee, 325 aspirin, 500 niacinamide, single dose in the morning with breakfast (along with other supplements). Alert and good energy all day. Temp and heart rate about normal for me, 96.8F. More hungry than usual. Not really sleepy at bedtime, but went to bed anyway. Seems like it took longer to fall asleep... Awake and ALERT next morning. Unfortunately, I forgot to place the thermometer at bedside. so didn't get an AM temp.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

superhuman

This is ******* awesome Haidut :)

Do you take the aspirin in water with baking soda or? and caffeine and b3 in pills?
And you take this combo each time with meals?

The latest RP interview he talked about how awesome the combo of aspirin and b3(niacinamide) for gearing the metabolism to burn sugar and inhibit FFA release. And ofc RP loves coffee and caffeine as he has talked about so many times so this should be a great combo :)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
superhuman said:
This is f***ing awesome Haidut :)

Do you take the aspirin in water with baking soda or? and caffeine and b3 in pills?
And you take this combo each time with meals?

The latest RP interview he talked about how awesome the combo of aspirin and b3(niacinamide) for gearing the metabolism to burn sugar and inhibit FFA release. And ofc RP loves coffee and caffeine as he has talked about so many times so this should be a great combo :)

I was taking aspirin as Alka-Seltzer initially since I sometimes I get stomach issues with aspirin unless it is dissolved. However, I found out that with this combo I can stomach the plain aspirin with starch as a pill and no need to dissolve it. Not sure what's helping me, but I am glad I can stomach aspirin pills. Caffeine and niacinamide are also pills, so this makes it convenient to carry to work and other places.
The first day I took the 3x dosage in one sitting and it carried me through the day. The second day I added 1500mg B1 and again took everything at once and it resulted in me feeling the urge to run and/or walk, so I walked about 7 miles, which is what I used to do 2-3 years ago when I had the energy. Today, I am taking it in separate doses and the effects is similar but reduced since I am taking a single "dose" (325mg aspirin, 200mg caffeine, 500mg niacinamide) with each meal.
I wasn't aware Ray was talking about this combo recently. This makes it even a more ironic coincidence. I got the idea on a different note after reading how the inventors of Red Bull were looking for ways to mitigate the caffeine "jitters" that many people experience with caffeine, and decided on using taurine since it is known to reduce adrenalin.
That may be an idea for another supplement of mine. We'll see, right now I am just enjoying the ability to annoy my coworkers (who get extremely tired after lunch) with my buzzing around the office.

honeybee

Thank you Haidut. I can't seem to get the repuation points to work. :shock:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
honeybee said:
Thank you Haidut. I can't seem to get the repuation points to work. :shock:
You might have javascript turned off.

honeybee

Yah this PC just got a new OPSYS and its not mine so....thanks for tip

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Charlie said:
aquaman said:
That's your diet??!
:lol: I was thinking the same thing.

Hhhm, it seems like my reply got lost. I am posting it again.
My diet is about 80% cheese sticks since I was able to find ones with higher protein content and I try to get 100g+ of protein a day. I also eat carrot salad and other food like occasional meat, strained yogurt, and some seafood but I find the cheese sticks to affects me really well and are easy to carry around to snack on them whenever I feel like it. They are also very satiating After eating them for 2 weeks I don't really feel like eating much else.
Anyways, at least for me it seems that the casein protein in cheese is a very good match for my metabolism so for now I keep downing them cheese sticks like they are candy:):

Peata

New thermometer doesn't work, will take it back. I'm tired of these junky brands at Walmart. What kind do you guys use?

So it's afternoon and I'm feeling a little chilled for the last hour. Lunch was dairy and fruit. Now I'm having coffee. Also took another 175 mg. caffeine, 1/2 aspirin, 500 mg. niacinamide.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
paper_clips43 said:
What brand of cheese sticks do you eat Haidut?

With the caveat that I am not endorsing them - I eat the Sargento cheese sticks that I get from my local CVS. Cheap, and available everywhere. The label does not list any bad ingredients, but that's no guarantee of course. Each one has 8g of protein, so getting 100g+ is not an issue. Here is a link from the vendor website:
http://www.sargento.com/products/72/sar ... se-snacks/

Maisy

haidut said:
This post is directed at those who have issues with large doses of caffeine. For a long time caffeine caused me to have "jitters", even when taken with enough sugar. Recently I was reading on the design of the RedBull energy drink and how taurine was added to mitigate the caffeine "jitters". Taurine is not bad idea but for many people is too sedative. So, I thought of doing another combo - caffeine and niacinamide. Niacinamide in higher doses acts like a benzo (Valium) and should mitigate the nervousness caused by caffeine. Then I remembered Ray's articles about caffeine and aspirin acting like thyroid hormone and decided to combine them all together. In theory, all 3 compounds should give a boost in energy and have been used (separately) in various studies for athletes. So, after much experimentation I am happy to report that I found a combo that gives me sustained (7-8 hours) of 98.5 degrees temperature and pulse of about 90, without taking any thyroid hormones in between.
So, the mix is this: 325mg aspirin, 200mg caffeine, 500mg niacinamide. This is what I would call a single dose. Today I took 3 times that dose in a single sitting for a total of 1g aspirin, 600mg caffeine and 1500mg niacinamide.
Within 15min I felt the energy/wakefulness surge caused by caffeine but I did not feel the adrenalin surge I normally get. After about an hour I stabilized in a very nice highly alert but calm state that lasted throughout the entire day. I measured my pulse and temp every 2 hours and they both stayed consistent as well. With normal food intake and no additional thyroid hormone or other stimulants like anti-serotonin drugs I maintained this state for more than 8 hours and then slowly started to subside. I did not crash, like it is often reported after a big caffeine intake.
So, I just wanted to share this with people who have trouble with caffeine or want to ramp up metabolism but do not want to take thyroid. Bottom line - it seems that niacinamide both mitigates the potential adrenalin surge of large caffeine dose and gives an additional energy boost.
Next step is to add vitamin B1 to the mix:):
Anyone else want to try this combo as well and report back?

Hi - this sounds good, but am I correct in thinking that your body quickly gets used to a certain amount of caffeine and you need increasingly more to feel the benefit?
Thanks

Jib

For a number of months now I have been dissolving aspirin tablets in my coffee and taking 250-500mg of niacinamide with it. I was only doing this because I thought mixing the stress-relieving properties of aspirin and niacinamide would be beneficial, and because it was convenient to mix into coffee. Just as coconut oil and gelatin, which I also frequently add to my coffee, are easy to mix in.

I never thought that the aspirin and niacinamide could actually have a mitigating effect on the caffeine jitters. I've been doing it for so long I guess I never noticed that I don't get the jitters from coffee. But this is very interesting.

When I take B-vitamins I usually take at least three or four of them. Also, I'm using allithiamine for B1. Not sure if that behaves differently in the body. I'm infrequent with taking B-vitamins except niacinamide, so I have no comment on that right now.

Coffee with plenty of sugar, coconut oil, gelatin, some cream, and an aspirin tablet is one of my favorite drinks. Sometimes I add a little cocoa powder too.

I have problems swallowing pills with warm or hot beverages for some reason. So sometimes I end up opening the niacinamide capsules and mixing the powder into the coffee. Sometimes I throw in some K2 powder and some Nutrisorb A too.

Mixed alcoholic drinks don't have NOTHIN' ON THIS! You haven't lived until you've joined the .000001% of the global population that's tried hardcore Peat-style coffee. The fact that I am so excited to talk about it should be proof enough of how good it is.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals