Topical Absorption Of Caffeine, Aspirin And Niacinamide

Iron Man

Thanks Tara!

It has been so hard to get some sort of general consensus on how much and how often. It has been a little frustrating trying to research this, because a number of articles are hyped up to the limit saying it works, but as soon as you try and work out how to translate it into real life, there is no real guide.

In my situation, yes I was talking about instant coffee. Ha, ha, sorry about the mix up. I usually drink a cup of coffee with 2 heaped teaspoons, so I figured that 3 would be good topically.

Are you able to point me in the right direction where Ray Peat talks about thinning hair? Just today someone advised me that the caffeine/aspirin combo does not work...

Thanks.

tara

I'm not familiar with any writing of Peat's specifically on hair. My guess is it's not high enough up his priorities to spend a lot of time writing and talking about it. But maybe there is other material I haven't come across.

Danny Roddy is the one who I know has focused on hair systematically from a Peatish perspective.

I don't think there are any guarantees that caffeine and niacinamide will definitely work, but I can imagine that since they are both supportive of good oxidative metabolism in tissues (at personally appropriate doses), they would be more likely to help than hinder, and at least slow the loss if not completely reverse. Worth a try, if it's important to you, along with general good nourishment, sleep, breathing, sunlight, etc.

With the information in other threads about ranges of caffeine intake, and the information in this thread about topical absorption, you've probably ot access to as much info as most of us about suitable dosage. Bear in mind that peole's systems do not all respond the same, depending on their health state, etc. Some people can handle a lot of coffee and caffeine, and others (incl. me currently) not so much. Same with niacinamide. So watch your own responses and adjust if you get indications to.

sladerunner69

Ive used a caffiene-aspirin-gin solution around my hairline but cant say I saw any results. The effect is strange too, different from ingesting coffee or dilluted aspirin.

Iron Man

Tara - Thanks for that. I understand... I am not treating this as the be all and end all. I was just wanting to give it a go and see what happens.

Sladerunner - Thanks for your input also. Did you give it much of a trial?

Iron Man

Has anyone had any success with the Solban? Is there a higher strength Solban?

Thanks

sladerunner69

Tara - Thanks for that. I understand... I am not treating this as the be all and end all. I was just wanting to give it a go and see what happens.

Sladerunner - Thanks for your input also. Did you give it much of a trial?

Yes I did use it for some time. Caffiene used topically didnt give me the energy that consuming it orally does. It gave me a lightheaded, spacced-out sort of feeling. Maybe it was too much for me at the time.

Xisca

Topical Aspirin does NOT save you from ulcers: In the beginning I did the above three times a day and developed ulcers within a week or so.
How can it go to the stomach?

About bath: a lot of water, so I like this way of puting directly on the skin, for less waste.
Also, I am not sure of the interest, if there is more absorbtion by oral take!
And alcohol can stress the skin as mentioned as well...
So, are the advantages of skin take these ? :
Yes, that is correct. That's why I keep telling people that when SolBan or the other supplements are applied topically the fact that only 1/4 of the oral dose is absorbed probably does not matter as it is the half-life that is more important. With topical application you get a half life of several days and if you use every day you it will build up. So will quickly reach concentrations achievable by oral route BUT will be able to keep them for days instead of hours/minutes.
or is there more advantages?

Last edited:

nograde

How can it go to the stomach?
What do you mean? I can taste the Aspirin in my mouth after transdermal application, same with zinc, selenium and some b-vitamins. Ray tastes Progesterone after sticking his hand in prog-powder. Your body isnt a conglomeration of isolated compartments, everything floats around everywhere immediately ;-)

Last edited:

Xisca

I agree now @nograde it goes everywhere, not specifically to the stomach from the skin. I found strange that you got ulcer with transdermal application.

I agree more with going to the mouth, as it can go out of the body from lungs.

thyrulian

How about methyl salicylate?

Serum concentrations of salicylic acid following topically applied salicylate derivatives.
The absorption rate constant increased significantly from the first to the seventh dose (first dose absorption rate constant: 0.16 h-1, seventh dose: 0.28 h-1; p < 0.035). Urinary recovery of total salicylate (salicylic acid and principal metabolites of salicylic acid) during the first 24 hours of the methyl salicylate phase averaged 175.2 mg, exceeding the 6.9 mg (p < 0.05) recovered during the trolamine phase. The recovery of salicylate in the urine in the first 24 hours after application of methyl salicylate was significantly greater than the 1.4% recovered after application of trolamine (p < 0.05). Furthermore, the fraction of methyl salicylate recovered in the urine increased significantly from 15.5% on day 1 to approximately 22% on the second, third, and fourth days.

sladerunner69

Is this a good fatloss stack? Wouldnt the results be enhanced if taken orally be ause the effects would be more systemic and throughoit the organism? I am setting a new years resolution to shed bodyfat and get relatively lean though not enterring ketosia..

kevinjohore

- Topical Aspirin does NOT save you from ulcers: In the beginning I did the above three times a day and developed ulcers within a week or so.
Look up an article from 2012 entitled :
"Aspirin Doesn't Cause Stomach Bleeding — It's Bacteria!"
By Sylvia Booth Hubbard
She quotes a study attributing aspirin's problems with stomach uclers to that 25% of the population whose stomachs are infected with helicobacter pylori bacterium (H. pylori).

L

lollipop

Look up an article from 2012 entitled :
"Aspirin Doesn't Cause Stomach Bleeding — It's Bacteria!"
By Sylvia Booth Hubbard
She quotes a study attributing aspirin's problems with stomach uclers to that 25% of the population whose stomachs are infected with helicobacter pylori bacterium (H. pylori).
This is very interesting @kevinjohore! Thank you for pointing to this direction. Makes so much sense to me.

Syncopated

I have decided caffeine can't raise the body temperature such as Tyronene can.

Kibs

If making niacinamide spray, how much ethanol is needed? I’m not keen on using ethanol on my face. Is there nothing else can be used in place of ethanol?

I use solban though for my scalp and I love the stuff.

Antonello

Good question. Several reasons as far as I am concerned. First of all, with water solution the product will eventually develop mold and the water will be colonized by bacteria. I don't exactly how long that will take but most studies say after one month there is already a level of contamination that may pose danger. Second, with ethanol the rate of absorption is much higher. In the studies I have seen, using ethanol as the solution most of the compound is absorbed within the first 3 hours, while with water absorption rate was low and it took several days to get the full amount absorbed. So, with some substances like caffeine you may never get to the blood levels show in the studies to be protective against things like skin cancer or acting as sunscreen. Third, some substances are much soluble in ethanol than water and this applies to at least one of the 3 mentioned above. So, with ethanol you can deliver higher dose per serving which in most cases is preferable.
There may be other reasons but these are top 3 that come to mind.
What about magnesium chloride as a delivery method?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals