Weird caffeine "crash" with delirium and weakness

Ben

Long time no see RP forum! :cool:

So I drink caffeine. Doesn't have to be a lot, maybe 90 mg. Then I focus my energy on positivity, so it doesn't make me more negative (which I think is normal for neurotics). The result is completely normal with higher physical and mental energy and better mood.

I don't notice anything initially, on some occassions I wasn't aware of caffeine content. Caffeine gives me energy and also relaxes me mentally. But later, I notice these kinds of things:

Drowsiness and sometimes sleep (I usually try to sleep during this time)

Belief that other people are in the room (especially after a dream) I don't see them, but believe that they are responsible for me feeling uncomfortable on the bed, or they could be going about their own errends, etc. I don't actually see them, I just stayed in a place with roommates for many months and I'm used to that.

Belief that I am completely someone else (only happened once, and right after awakening from a dream in this state)

Paranoia (Happened once that I heard noises and thought someone sneaked into my room or would)

Ridiculous degree of weakness (I'm usually weak, maybe due to demotivation, and caffeine initially helps a lot. But this is the degree that walking a few meters is something I don't like the thought of. Bending over to pick something up is hard to do)

Bad coordination (Mine is already bad, but this state makes it worse)

Objects rippling or moving when I stare at them. I could see a doorknob in a bathroom shifting upward each time I looked at it. Curtains still appear to move though I could make this thread.

Repetitive and meaningless thought patterns

No response to more caffeine. If this is a crash, then why doesn't more caffeine fix it? I usually drank some soda with smaller amounts of caffeine, to no avail.

No improvement from any supplement I currently have.

No improvement from heat or a hot shower

No improvement from protein, sugar, sodium, aspirin, or water.

Meaningless laughter and eccentric behavior (this was from two years ago)

Head fantasies going wild, sometimes to the point of losing awake awareness, but losing memory of what happened, so it seems like I slept, but it seems to have been too short for that.

Stupidity (I am clumsy in general, and caffeine temporarily makes me function better, but then it reverses and my brain is mush)

Exasperation of original problems which caffeine temporarily cured. My legs are less restless and achy when I take caffeine. I also get less cold goosebumps, am more relaxed, etc. But later the symptoms are even worse than before.

Ear plugging and tingling hands (got tingling hands today after drinking a coffee. Ears plug if I haven't drank caffeine in some time)

==========
==========
==========

I speculated it's low potassium, but I used to drink tons of OJ and got negative responses. However, I had chronic diarrhea from it too, which may have depleted potassium.

In any case, I have not encountered the degree of the symptoms I had in the past, and my potassium consumption is low.

Low magnesium- Possibly?

Low copper or zinc- Possibly?

Anemia- My hemoglobin and other parameters actually got WORSE after moving to the mountains, which I worry is the reason that I got much weaker than before. However, I had weakness even with elevated parameters, and caffeine had bad effects. Plus, my veins are nice and large, and my face has no loss of complexion.

Thyroid- T3 doesn't seem to do much, in fact caffeine initially acts better, particularly if I focus the energy so it's positive. But unfortunately a bag with mine was stolen. :(

Will I be able to somehow use caffeine like a normal person (or like when I was a preteen/teen) and eliminate the weird "crash" or whatever it is? I would be extremely disappointed if that weren't the case. It works great at first, when the effects wear off, then everything seems to be worse than before any caffeine. It would be very hard to get by with weakness in the situation that I'm in.

Any suspicions as to what may be wrong will be appreciated.

OP
B

Ben

I hope I have some left. Is it ACTH because my body has trouble producing cortisol after producing it initially? It would explain why more caffeine fails to stop this crash. I have never heard of high ACTH causing serious confusion though.

But it would make sense for me in general. I responded well to tianeptine, which reduces ACTH and cortisol. My chronic fatigue at this ridiculously young age is probably due to something specific like that, rather than general like in aging. I never found many stuff useful, whether high altitude, sunshine, good dieting, etc. I also have a weird nervousness that doesn't seem to go away even when I'm calm.

Hot showers relax me and make me feel better, so maybe cold stimulates ACTH and that's why I have such a problem with it and get brain fog from cold. It has surprised me that people walk around with cold hands all day, that I could not tolerate.

I'll go and get my cypro later and see if it helps.

Oh yeah, and, do you think cortisol underproduction is the issue, or ACTH and cortisol overproduction? I'm tempted to think the former because of caffeine failing to work anymore, and fatigue.

OP
B

Ben

I forgot to mention, when I drank a one of those small glass bottles of starbucks coffee, I noticed that I became relaxed and that my pulse was low, around 60 bpm, and my breathing slowed. That is really perplexing. If my ACTH is elevated, then caffeine should over stimulate me even during its effects, which obviously it did not. Caffeine increases ACTH. I never got hypoglycemia or anxiety from the initial effects at any time during these episodes.

The negative effects appear much later after I thought caffeine's effects have ended. Since I didn't experience hypoglycemia or any stressful effects, why would cortisol run out then, if it did? Maybe caffeine makes me exert myself too much for my physiology, then it all catches up later when I'm not under the umbrella of caffeine.

This is so darn complicated and frustrating. But you're right, I probably do have a problem with excess ACTH. I will pickup the cyproheptadine if I still have it later today and see how it effects my intolerance for cold.

Zachs

You have some of the weirdest posts I have ever read.

Blackstrap molasses could be an easy fix for minerals...

OP
B

Ben

I never said I'm not weird, hehe. I think all of us are perceived as a little weird by people. "What are they eating? Don't they know that saturated fat, sugar, sodium, and cholesterol are bad? That is suicide!"

I'm not sure if my minerals are out of wack. But if I find it in the grocery store, I'll buy some.

piotr_zarach

Try cypro and let us know how it works for you :) Without it and aspirin coffe makes me tired. Cypro helps with it.

tara

Are you sure it was the coffee, and not some other random combination of other psychoactive drugs you were playing with?
Are you regularly meeting your basic nutritional needs (eg check using cronometer)?
Coffee makes me feel good in the short term, and I get caffeine withdrawal crashes too. Not all the same symptoms as you, but sleep long and deep, have trouble moving when I wake up, more prone to my key complaint. I speculate that because coffee increases conversion of T4 to T3, by the time it wears off I've got less T3 available to run on.
So I drink a decaf, and even that has a noticeable effect, so I don't drink very much of it at the moment.

Blinkyrocket

Ben said:
I forgot to mention, when I drank a one of those small glass bottles of starbucks coffee, I noticed that I became relaxed and that my pulse was low, around 60 bpm, and my breathing slowed. That is really perplexing. If my ACTH is elevated, then caffeine should over stimulate me even during its effects, which obviously it did not. Caffeine increases ACTH. I never got hypoglycemia or anxiety from the initial effects at any time during these episodes.

Same thing for me, when I drink caffeine I calm down and my heart rate either doesn't move or it actually slows down and then after the caffeine is gone I feel worse than I did before I drank it, and I'm currently experiencing that right now in the form of the the room spinning...... Uncanny........ Well it's not spinning its rocking up and down. not literally, lol, it feels like that

OP
B

Ben

Both minerals and cypro helped a lot, but I noticed that I get tired and weak/lazy after meals. Maybe meals reduce stress hormones which I may be running on, but why would thyroid function then not go up? It seems like if I continued to eat constantly, I would get nothing done at all.

Tara- No, I don't take psychoactive drugs. Although caffeine is one, but I'm not messing with it again. Never took lisuride again and decided to drop tianeptine for a while. I can induce joy manually now and socially everything is good, but I'm still tired after meals. This disrupts my day.

I go and run some errends with plenty of energy, come back with an appetite, eat over 700 calories worth of coconut oil chips, OJ, maybe cheese, and milk with sugar, to appetite, and then I only feel like slothing around for a few hours. No stomach issues actually. Is it the energy my body needs to digest those things? Or a reduction of stress hormones? I do breathe more, not less, in this state, which suggests the former. But undereating is bad too, so I don't know what to do.

Dean

I know this is against the prevailing wisdom here, but I don't consider eating less than 700 calories in one sitting to be under eating. Maybe try lesser calorie meals, more often, to get to whatever your daily caloric goal is.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals