Caffeine & Thyroids Relationship To Satiety

Jsaute21

After a year or so on here, I have definitely made some overall improvements in my health. I know Rome isn't built in a day, and it takes time to optimize ones metabolism. With that being said, I wanted to get the forums opinions on their specific reactions to caffeine, thyroid meds, and other metabolism boosters. I feel as if caffeine & thyroid provide me with an initial boost, which leads me to having somewhat of a ravenous appetite. Once I eat, i feel as if i burn through my glycogen stores very quickly and am typically hungry again a bit too soon after I eat. For instance, i usually wake up to a cup of strong coffee with 3 tbsps sugar and a good quality cream. I feel great for an hour or so. Than I eat a nutritous breakfast. 3 Hours later i am ready for lunch. Two/three hours or so after that I am ready for an afternoon snack, and so on and so forth. I feel better than before, but not optimal quite yet. I also am looking for some successful dosing strategies for Cynomel and Cynoplus as i find them very hit/miss. Due to my temps & pulse still being lower than optimal despite decent thyroid labs, i have decided to give them another go. A typical pattern for me is to wake up with a low pulse, have it raise substantially after coffee and breakfast than drop again an hour or so after eating.

RobertJM

Coffee is the first thing to go for when I wake up. It's like a light switch, for me. Instantly starts my day.

You should try difibron for the 'working on glycogen' issue (if you haven't already). Taurine also has efficacy in this area and, according to a thread on here by Lord Haidut, is basically pretty much a cure for most things. 175mg of taurine three times per day (I know. Such a puny amount! Yet, after trying this myself, I have noticed darker stools and it is definitely improving many parameters in my own health). Chronic taurine dosing will get the liver working properly & improve that glycogen situation. Just my amateur two cents!

OP
J

Jsaute21

Coffee is the first thing to go for when I wake up. It's like a light switch, for me. Instantly starts my day.

You should try difibron for the 'working on glycogen' issue (if you haven't already). Taurine also has efficacy in this area and, according to a thread on here by Lord Haidut, is basically pretty much a cure for most things. 175mg of taurine three times per day (I know. Such a puny amount! Yet, after trying this myself, I have noticed darker stools and it is definitely improving many parameters in my own health). Chronic taurine dosing will get the liver working properly & improve that glycogen situation. Just my amateur two cents!

Appreciate this man. I do take 500 MG with my coffee first thing but i will add in another serving with dinner. It is a great supplement. And yeah, as far as coffee, i find it much more logistic to have first thing in the morning on an empty stomach with milk and sugar. Much tastier than after breakfast, and facilitates the appetite.

OP
J

Jsaute21

What happens to your feelings of burning through glycogen stores too quickly when you don't have coffee first thing?

Feel a bit low metabolism but nothing horrible. Coffee definitely gives me a boost that is relatively needed as i get up early.

A.R

How do you measure the Taurine at 175mg (or is it in capsules)?

Also I've read somewhere on this forum, taking Taurine for too long can deplete other aminos (although 175mg x3 seems a small amount)

@Jsaute21
I would agree with Bobber in experimenting with defibron(if you haven't already)
From reviews it seems like a good tool in healing the liver(which then should speed up overall recovery in health)

OP
J

Jsaute21

Also I've read somewhere on this forum, taking Taurine for too long can deplete other aminos (although 175mg x3 seems a small amount)

@Jsaute21
I would agree with Bobber in experimenting with defibron(if you haven't already)
From reviews it seems like a good tool in healing the liver(which then should speed up overall recovery in health)

Sounds like quite the supplement. I will look into it. I have been under the impression that caffeine/k2/aspirin are very beneficial for liver health as well. What makes defibron so healing?

A.R

Sounds like quite the supplement. I will look into it. I have been under the impression that caffeine/k2/aspirin are very beneficial for liver health as well. What makes defibron so healing?

It's the specific sfa used in the supplement which have been shown to heal fibrous tissue in studies. Also it can help in changing the ratio from pufa to sfa in the body

cyclops

It's the specific sfa used in the supplement which have been shown to heal fibrous tissue in studies. Also it can help in changing the ratio from pufa to sfa in the body

Do you think its better to use Defibron orally or topically?

RobertJM

@Jsaute21

To be fair, I have been taking 200mg three times per day. Pretty impossible for me to measure out 175mg with what I have here (measuring tools).

This is the Haidut thread (taurine @ 175mg, three times per day; taken alongside 400iu of d3, per day):

Vitamin D And Taurine As Actual Treatment For Many Cancers

A.R

Do you think its better to use Defibron orally or topically?
I can remember reading a post of some one saying they had good results for their gut when taking orally

Taking topically is also beneficial because it goes straight to the blood stream

Application route I think depends on the users own individual situation

A.R

raypeatclips

meatbag

He already says he takes 3 tablespoons of sugar in his morning coffee, you think he should add more?

Well if there is a stress reaction it is either not enough resources available or pushing the system too hard (generalizing). Idk Peat said if the metabolic rate is high then a person should eat every three hours anyway or something along those lines? If he's just trying to go longer without eating, then yeah caffeine is gonna interfere with that if you are up and moving around during the day. The taurine could be dropping blood sugar as well

jitsmonkey

Waking From 8 hour fast
Empty tank
150 cals of sugar is enough to stop the stress response..... WITHOUT a stimulant stacked on it.
(this is specific for YOU based upon your information provided. some may do fine with less, some may need more. I needed more)

Meaning that's a good amount of sugar to stop the post darkness fasting stress response
BUT if you're going to stack a stimulant on top of it.... stim being thyroid, caff, etc....
you're not stopping the stress response you're making it worse.

Its easy to test
pre post temps pulse 150cals sugar plus coffee
pre post temps pulse 300cals sugar plus coffee

My suggestion would be 4-12 ounces of OJ pre coffee (you'll have to play and test to see how much OJ does the trick)
then do whatever you like to do with your coffee.

as for dosing cynomel this is much easier than cynoplus.
for cynomel just cut the tabs with a razor blade into quarters and eat them through out the day
you'll need a good week or two of taking pulse and temps often (which is a giant pain in the ****)
but the effort is worth it. You'll easily find your dose when your pulse and temps come around
If you want to factor in cynoplus I'd do the above and stop cynomel around 6/7pm and hit a quarter tab of cynoplus about an hour before bed.

then when you figure out your cynomel dose you can mess with your cynoplus dose.

cyclops

then when you figure out your cynomel dose you can mess with your cynoplus dose.

Well how would you mess with your cynoplus dose? Meaning if you get everything right with your temps and pulse with cynomel and you've already been taking a quarter tab of cynoplus at night, wouldn't that mean your just going to stay at a quarter tab of cynoplus?

Also how many quarter tabs of cynomel do you think an average person would reasonably take a day, as an broad estimate?

jitsmonkey

Well how would you mess with your cynoplus dose? Meaning if you get everything right with your temps and pulse with cynomel and you've already been taking a quarter tab of cynoplus at night, wouldn't that mean your just going to stay at a quarter tab of cynoplus?

Also how many quarter tabs of cynomel do you think an average person would reasonably take a day, as an broad estimate?

I don't know what the OP wants.
Some people are afraid of T3 and want more T4
Some people convert T4 better than others so they want/can take more.
So my comment was more in that vane.... IF he wants to see if he can take less T3 and is inclined to WANT to take more T4
he can modify accordingly.

I couldn't venture a guess as to how much T3 someone would take
Barnes said the avg person needed 2 grains of NDT to feel good
some 3 and a smaller segment needed as much as 4 grains.
A grain being roughly 40mcg T4/10mcg T3 - so essentially 50mcg = 1 grain of total T
2 grains total T = 100mcg
100mcg of T3 would be 4 25mcg tabs (that would be a LOT of T3)
so needless to say the translation from Barnes wouldn't work directly
and I'd assume that's because of the common failure to convert T4 to T3

I think its probably reasonable that across a large population you'd see the T3 dose from 12.5(1/2tab) to as much as 50mcg(2 tabs)
Its critical to be clear that this is 100% a guess on my part just observing a hanful of people I know that I discuss these things with
and my own personal dosing experience.

The best part about dosing T3 is if you go slow, pay attention and fuel it.... its very very easy to figure out.