Topical Absorption Of Caffeine, Aspirin And Niacinamide

burtlancast

nograde said:
- I use transdermal Aspirin because I develop stomach ulcers very quickly when using Aspirin orally
- Topical Aspirin does NOT save you from ulcers: In the beginning I did the above three times a day and developed ulcers within a week or so.

Did you try willow bark extracts to see if it would avoid causing stomach ulcers ?
Also, adding some colloidal silver should prevent the water solution going bad.

nograde

burtlancast said:
nograde said:
- I use transdermal Aspirin because I develop stomach ulcers very quickly when using Aspirin orally
- Topical Aspirin does NOT save you from ulcers: In the beginning I did the above three times a day and developed ulcers within a week or so.

Did you try willow bark extracts to see if it would avoid causing stomach ulcers ?
Also, adding some colloidal silver should prevent the water solution going bad.

Hmmm, I did not try Willow Bark. I found the following:

When white willow bark is ingested, the salicin is converted into saligenin by the intestinal flora, where it is then absorbed into the blood stream. The liver then metabolizes it into salicylic acid. Because of the time required for the body to metabolize the salicin into salicylic acid, the effects start longer after it its ingested and last longer than with synthetic salicylates. It is thought that white willow bark does not affect the gut lining the way NSAIDs do because it is converted into the acid form after it is absorbed from the stomach. Salicylates relieve pain and inflammation by inhibiting the formation of prostaglandins – the body’s natural pro and anti inflammatory messengers.

It avoids "first contact" of salicylic acid with the gut lining, so it seems to be safer in this regard. But anyway ... even intravenous injection causes ulcers as has been shown by some studies and I have experienced that first-hand with excessive transdermal application. So no panacea either. I'm will try experimenting with glycine according to the study haidut posted somewhere else ...

burtlancast

Williow bark might contain natural substances mitigating the negative effects on the digestive tract.

There are thousands of natural plant compounds that science can't even identify in known species.

Oleander comes to mind.

Kray

Thank you for the tip on willow bark. Seems like a viable alternative to aspirin's downside for those who are sensitive, certainly worth a try for comparison. Many who use it for pain/headaches swear by it. I have used it in the past but I may try again in lieu of aspirin.

How true your comment about plant compounds.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
uuy8778yyi said:
I am confused by the graph and study

it can stay active i nthe blood for 3 to 5 days if applied topically ?

Yes, that is correct. That's why I keep telling people that when SolBan or the other supplements are applied topically the fact that only 1/4 of the oral dose is absorbed probably does not matter as it is the half-life that is more important. With topical application you get a half life of several days and if you use every day you it will build up. So will quickly reach concentrations achievable by oral route BUT will be able to keep them for days instead of hours/minutes.

jaa

haidut said:
uuy8778yyi said:

Yes, that is correct. That's why I keep telling people that when SolBan or the other supplements are applied topically the fact that only 1/4 of the oral dose is absorbed probably does not matter as it is the half-life that is more important. With topical application you get a half life of several days and if you use every day you it will build up. So will quickly reach concentrations achievable by oral route BUT will be able to keep them for days instead of hours/minutes.

I was not aware of that. Does the same apply to Estroban and Energin?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
jaa said:
haidut said:
uuy8778yyi said:

I was not aware of that. Does the same apply to Estroban and Energin?

Yes, all products we sell have much longer plasma half-life when applied topically.

jaa

Thanks haidut. I'll have to stop guzzling the stuff like a donk.

Iron Man

So how does this work for someone with thinning hair? I am talking about thinning hair, not receding hair.

Do people mix instant coffee with aspirin and then rub it on the scalp? Is it applied every day or once a week?

Thanks!

Peata

Renky said:
post 104180 So how does this work for someone with thinning hair? I am talking about thinning hair, not receding hair.

Do people mix instant coffee with aspirin and then rub it on the scalp? Is it applied every day or once a week?

Thanks!

I have Haidut's Solban, which is aspirin, niacinamide, caffeine to be used topically. I am applying it to someone with thinning hair on top 1 x day.

Last edited by a moderator:

tara

Renky said:
post 104180 Do people mix instant coffee with aspirin and then rub it on the scalp? Is it applied every day or once a week?
Not speaking from experience with hair, but IIRC Peat suggested that dissolved caffiene powder would be less messy in the hair than coffee. :)

Iron Man

Thanks, but what sort of doses and mixture ratios does Ray Peat suggest? Also, how often?

Is it just a matter of some instant coffee powder, aspirin all mixed with water? I have not been able to find any directions, dosages or how often to apply.

Thanks.

Iron Man

Bump again...

Anyone? Can anyone please help out with some ideas on dosage for a home made topical with caffeine and aspirin and how often to apply?

Thanks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Renky said:
post 107292 Bump again...

Anyone? Can anyone please help out with some ideas on dosage for a home made topical with caffeine and aspirin and how often to apply?

Thanks.

What more information do you need to make a solution that contains a specific percentage or things like caffeine and aspirin? You know the weight of each substance, you know the weight of water, then you calculate and find out what and how much you need to make a specific percentage concentration. Am I missing something?

Philomath

;) for the non-chemistry majors

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 672

Iron Man

Thanks for the replies.

I guess I was just hoping for some simple guides on what to do. Here is my plan...

I have soluble aspirin (each tablet contains 300mg of aspirin).
I have instant caffeine.

I was going to mix two soluble aspirin tablets into 2oz of water, then mix 3 teaspoons of caffeine into 2oz of water (let cool)
I was then planning to mix the dissolved aspirin and caffeine together and then apply to scalp.

Will this work?

How often does this need to be applied? Every day, every other day or once a week?

Thanks

tara

Renky said:
post 107728
I was going to mix two soluble aspirin tablets into 2oz of water, then mix 3 teaspoons of caffeine into 2oz of water (let cool)
I was then planning to mix the dissolved aspirin and caffeine together and then apply to scalp.

I think 3tsp of caffeine at one application, even topically if a lot of it goes to your skin, sounds like a dangerously high dose. Something like 10-15 g caffeine. Please don't do this!
Maybe someone will come along and explain why I am overreacting, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

It may be people over-dosing on caffeine that has lead to more restrictions on its sales recently.

Some hardy souls can do fine with a bit more than 1 g of caffeine over a day, but I would not assume that you are one of them first up.
If you meant 3 tsp coffee, that's probably fine.
Or if you meant that you would mix that up brew and then spread a 1/4 (~100mg) or 1/2 or up to 1 whole tsp (~500mg, if I got my maths together today) of caffeine on your on your head each day for a month or more, that might be reasonable (in which case you could probably have more aspirin in it if you wanted to).

Haidut says topical application sticks around in your system longer than drinking it, so once a day might be enough?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals