Caffeine & Thyroids Relationship To Satiety

Lianda

Can someone refer me to information about why sugar is good for you. I'd like to have sources to refer to when I keep reading the sugar is poison, and people are getting over their "addiction" to sugar. (I always say- if you're addicted why don't you just eat it with a spoon out of the bag?)
Thanks!

OP
J

Jsaute21

J this is a path that everyone must decide for themselves
I arrived here after 3 years of 3 a day training sessions on 1600cals per day
Great for weight loss.... Horrible for everything else not weight loss.

I also have a lifetime history of digestive issues which indirectly resulted in 30+ years of sporadic unintentional caloric/fuel restriction

Thyroid imo is harmless provided you
a) have enough fuel and are not restricting its consumption
b) are aware that a rise in pulse and temp may make your "normal" activities/training "too stressful" for a period of time
c) you have a good handle on nutritional rate limiters that are obvious... ie. increased metabolism means you're going to use up EVERYTHING faster. Fuel, fat sol vits, other minerals and vits, etc....
d) you have at least resources to speak to or engage with people who have more experience than you to discuss the rate limiters that are NOT obvious or figuring out
different things that happen... ie. I finally got my cynomel dose dialed in and within a few days my teeth started hurting... I knew enough to know that this is likely an issue in the Calcium/Phosphorous/D/K/mag neighborhood. I didn't know which but I knew where to look. My Cal is always above my phos so I knew that wasn't an issue. I knew my mag consumption was low and I knew K could be an issue. I didn't think D was an issue... 2 days of 20 mg of K and teeth pain gone.

The point is that the effect of a high quality thyroid sup is easy to measure and document
IF you end up with using up an essential nutrient that will show up and having the knowledge yourself or the resources to access how to solve that
then benefiting from Thyroid is easy.
IF you don't have those resources then simply lowering your T dosage until symptoms abate lets you go slower but still get the T benefit without stripping your internal resources. If you can't dose T at all without negative sides then you just have to go slower until you understand where/why the sides are coming on and once you do you can simply restart your T experiment

I'm not in anyway saying everyone should or can do this. I don't have a list of references or citations.
I'm just sharing my own long and sucky experience leading up to benefiting from Thyroid supp and the experience of a handful of friends
I've discussed this with.

What was the cynomel dose you used to get dialed in? Also curious to the ratio with cynoplus? Thx.

jitsmonkey

I'd start with a quarter tab after a good meal (6.25mcg). 30 min later check temp pulse mood. adjust up or down accordingly.
Some will tell you you must look to be in the "biological" dose range which is around 4mcg. If I did that I would have gotten nowhere.
so you have to go slow and at your own pace. There's no harm you can do short term if you go slow and stay fueled. If you can sprint down the street and deal with the stress of elevated hr, bp, etc... dosing cynomel against plenty of fuel is ridiculously less stressful and easier. The issues people run into with cynomel are not enough fuel
and or they're missing nutrients that are required for the higher metabolism cynomel brings.

OP
J

Jsaute21

I'd start with a quarter tab after a good meal (6.25mcg). 30 min later check temp pulse mood. adjust up or down accordingly.
Some will tell you you must look to be in the "biological" dose range which is around 4mcg. If I did that I would have gotten nowhere.
so you have to go slow and at your own pace. There's no harm you can do short term if you go slow and stay fueled. If you can sprint down the street and deal with the stress of elevated hr, bp, etc... dosing cynomel against plenty of fuel is ridiculously less stressful and easier. The issues people run into with cynomel are not enough fuel
and or they're missing nutrients that are required for the higher metabolism cynomel brings.
Good answer. Do you think it matters if t is taken right before a meal or right after?

jitsmonkey

I think starting out its critical to take it after so you don't get caught with your pants down and no fuel on board.
After you develop a feel for how it works, how long it takes to get on board, etc... you can mess with timing.

HLP

We live in a world with access to an overload of flavor often referred to as "hyperflavor". From my own experience with ravenous appetite I found reducing access to too many flavors at one meal helps. Potatoes worked to restored normal appetite for me and reduce food neediness. Each year of "Peating" has offered serious but subtle health improvements for myself and my family who listen to me. Absolutely thyroid supplementation has helped and coffee is a daily but morning only thing for me. Sugar too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals