Surrogates For Thyroid Hormone

Filip1993

Peata said:
At 2 doses per day, one of them is smaller. Like, half an aspirin, half the caffeine.

I can't say I'm any hungrier than usual.

You said that you felt drained and crashed, that's usually how I feel when I rev up my metabolism to hard.

Peata

Filip1993 said:
Peata said:
At 2 doses per day, one of them is smaller. Like, half an aspirin, half the caffeine.

I can't say I'm any hungrier than usual.

You said that you felt drained and crashed, that's usually how I feel when I rev up my metabolism to hard.

The last time I felt that tired was the first day of my period earlier this month. But then, this is all probably related - metabolism, hormones, etc.

Could there be a reason why I'm craving shellfish the last couple days? Yesterday's meal where I felt so wonderful after was shrimp tacos. I keep thinking of making a seafood chowder today.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Peata said:
Could there be a reason why I'm craving shellfish the last couple days?
A shrimp feast might be helpful. :P

Peata

I had chili instead, and it tasted good, but wow, did not go over well with the digestion.

Anyway, I had another dose of the combo at 5 p.m.

I had a mild but persistent little headache on the forehead pretty much all afternoon and some of evening, despite aspirin, eating, caffeine, progesterone, Benadryl, etc. It's pretty much gone now. Any suggestions for those when they happen?

Peata

"Caffeine has remarkable parallels to thyroid and progesterone, and the use of coffee or tea can help to maintain their production, or compensate for their deficiency."

"caffeine tends to locally activate thyroid secretion by a variety of mechanisms, increasing cyclic AMP and decreasing serotonin in thyroid cells, for example, and also by lowering the systemic stress mediators."

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/caffeine.shtml

SQu

is it possible that getting dopy on caffeine and niacinamide is also a T3- like response? I had a brief honeymoon with thyroid ' combo' 9:1 T4:T3 before the T4 overwhelmed me and during that time felt the same as on this recipe. Good but sleepy. My guess is the caffeine might be doing lots for me quietly in the background. ??

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I must say thank you haidut for sharing this idea. I had been using coffee, niacinamide and aspirin before but by simply taking niacinamide and aspirin with a cup of coffee I have noticed an improvement in the warmth of my feet. I'm only doing the combo twice a day and I really like it! I'm now considering the caffeine pills. Just wanted to add my experience to the others. I really appreciate how you share such helpful information!

Peata

I think if this is doing anything for me, it's the extra caffeine. As I mentioned, I already had caffeine (in coffee), niacinamide, aspirin, (but usually had the aspirin later in day). But still having all those things. The main change for me with this is increasing my caffeine from about 300 mg. day to 500-600 mg. using extra caffeine found in pills.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I took 2 doses of this today, one in the morning, and one right around dinner time. Ooooh.............my...................gosh. Furnace is cranking. Also got plenty of sun today.

juanitacarlos

Yeah this is really good stuff. I felt clear headed for a few hours for the first time in years. Great stuff Haidut.

honeybee

Bump.
What is the reason for the B1 in such large doses?
I've actually tried this (went of my cynomel-it was making me very tense borderline angry) and I seem alot more mellow. I can testify that the combo actually increases my productivity at home. I haven't had any issues with sleep even after drinking coffee at 5 pm yetserday (I don't use the caffeine pills). I am also using only 100 mg of the b1.
Here is what I take 1-2 times a day:
100 mg b1
1-2 cups o'joe
2x250 mg niacinamide325 mg aspirin

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
honeybee said:
Bump.
What is the reason for the B1 in such large doses?
I've actually tried this (went of my cynomel-it was making me very tense borderline angry) and I seem alot more mellow. I can testify that the combo actually increases my productivity at home. I haven't had any issues with sleep even after drinking coffee at 5 pm yetserday (I don't use the caffeine pills). I am also using only 100 mg of the b1.
Here is what I take 1-2 times a day:
100 mg b1
1-2 cups o'joe
2x250 mg niacinamide325 mg aspirin

I would not call it a "reason" for taking high dose of B1 but I posted a study on the pharmacokinetics of B1 at different doses and 1,500mg maintained high enough concentration for 4-5 hours to match what was used to treat Alzheimers in another study. Also, one dose of 1,500mg stays in your body for about 10 hours and most people prefer to take pills once rather than multiple times. Also, Ray has written about learning foreign languages while taking "several hundred milligrams" of B1, there are other studies I posted on dosages of 600mg+ for treating fatigue, etc.
All in all, these are SOME of my reasons for taking 1,500mg combined with the fact that it gives me a serious energy boost. Everybody should evaluate their own situation and decide and experiment with what makes sense for them. Just b/c some study said "taking Xmg of Y does Z" is by itself not a sufficient reason (to me at least) to do the exact same thing. The only true arbiter is what specifically works for you.

Vinero

B1 is awesome. I have been experimenting with it for the last 2 weeks at a dose of 500 mg every 4 hours. It gives me a lot of concentration and focus and just more energy overall.

Peata

I still take B1 pretty much every morning since last year. 250 mg. sometimes 500 mg.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am doing two doses of this a day now, wow wow wow!

For me, I need to make sure I am super fueled up, with plenty of sugar and protein before even attempting to take this or otherwise I get pushed over into stress mode. Otherwise, if properly fueled this combination is incredible.

juanitacarlos

Charlie said:
I am doing two doses of this a day now, wow wow wow!

For me, I need to make sure I am super fueled up, with plenty of sugar and protein before even attempting to take this or otherwise I get pushed over into stress mode. Otherwise, if properly fueled this combination is incredible.

I agree Charlie. I make sure I've eaten before taking this. It really is a great combo.

superhuman

yeah its a great combo. The only problem i have is that im trying to loose weight so i calorie restrict and man this revs up things esp the caffeine and i feel really drained and low energy. Like it feels like my legs are filled with lactic acid, its 2x worse then plain water fasting in terms of energy lacking.

Btw how do you guys take your aspirin? i have pure aspirin powder. Do you put it in warm water or?

jyb

I have already taken aspirin with coffee at the same time in the past, as RP mentioned they can amplify each other's effect, however I've never taken that plus a high dose of niacinamide at once (500mg is a high dose).

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
superhuman, I have the pet aspirin powder which I dissolve in a small amount tap water as best I can.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals