Surrogates For Thyroid Hormone

paper_clips43

I have the pure aspirin powder as well.
I boil sugar water on the stove and then add the aspirin and instant coffee.
Pour it in a cup with some salt.
I noticed I need the aspiring powder to be in hot water or it hurts my lower abdomen.
I also have aspirin pills that I just swallow and they don't seem to hurt me at all.

EDIT: It definitely makes the coffee very sour but I don't mind it.
I have also poured a little bit of the boiling water into a small cup with the aspirin too shoot down during the meal.

Peata

I've been using plain alka setlzer dissolved in a small amount of liquid. BTW, it says right on the box (this is generic) you don't have to drink the little particles that settle in the bottom of the glass - the medicine is in the water.

I'm still trying to figure out if this is doing anything. Yesterday after eating a full meal, I had 1/2 AS (half an aspirin), 500 mg. nicinamide, 100 mg. caffeine. I started getting a headache within 2 - 3 hours and it got worse in the evening despite eating dinner. I also felt somewhat drained, though not as bad as I have before.

Could part of pushing up the metabolism be that you burn through what you eat quicker (which can cause low blood sugar and set off a headache)?

Could a raised metabolism cause you to not feel hunger? I didn't feel hungry all afternoon and into some of the evening (I did have some hard candy and ice tea, but didn't actually feel like having solids or a meal).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Peata said:
I've been using plain alka setlzer dissolved in a small amount of liquid. BTW, it says right on the box (this is generic) you don't have to drink the little particles that settle in the bottom of the glass - the medicine is in the water.

I'm still trying to figure out if this is doing anything. Yesterday after eating a full meal, I had 1/2 AS (half an aspirin), 500 mg. nicinamide, 100 mg. caffeine. I started getting a headache within 2 - 3 hours and it got worse in the evening despite eating dinner. I also felt somewhat drained, though not as bad as I have before.

Could part of pushing up the metabolism be that you burn through what you eat quicker (which can cause low blood sugar and set off a headache)?

Could a raised metabolism cause you to not feel hunger? I didn't feel hungry all afternoon and into some of the evening (I did have some hard candy and ice tea, but didn't actually feel like having solids or a meal).

Higher metabolism can certainly burn more quickly through your glycogen stores and if your blood sugar drops then you geta headache. High doses of niacinamide are known to cause low blood sugar and headache.
Also, the lowered appetite is a known side-effect of caffeine. I can't find the study right now, but caffeine (by antagonizing adenosine) tricks the sells into thinking that they have more ATP available and this reuslts into less urge to eat.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just a quick reference to a study showing diazepam (a benzodiazepine) reduced the anxiety and "jitters" form caffeine. Since niacinamide appears to also act like a benzo that would be a good explanation for its mitigating effects on the nervousness/jitters caused by higher doses of caffeine.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15814098

"...Acute administration of caffeine (50 or 100mg/kg, i.p.) produced anxiogenic-like activity that was reversed by pretreatment with the neurosteroid 3alpha,5alpha-THP or progesterone, the GABA(A) agonist muscimol, or the benzodiazepine receptor agonist diazepam."

Also, since both pregnenolone and progesterone are GABA "agonists" those two steroids should also be usable with caffeine as a "mitigator". I will try combining caffeine and pregnenolone/progesterone tonight and report my experience on this thread.

4peatssake

Peata

haidut said:
Peata said:

Higher metabolism can certainly burn more quickly through your glycogen stores and if your blood sugar drops then you geta headache. High doses of niacinamide are known to cause low blood sugar and headache.
Also, the lowered appetite is a known side-effect of caffeine. I can't find the study right now, but caffeine (by antagonizing adenosine) tricks the sells into thinking that they have more ATP available and this reuslts into less urge to eat.

OK, thank you, I appreciate the reply.

honeybee

I'm going to have to take this combo only in the morning. The past 3 times I took the combo in the afternoon (2-3 pm) and I was up until 2am. Not good for me. :cry:

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
honeybee said:
I'm going to have to take this combo only in the morning. The past 3 times I took the combo in the afternoon (2-3 pm) and I was up until 2am. Not good for me. :cry:

honeybee, if you up your niacinamide intake I think you will not have issues falling asleep. The dosage I posted was just guidelines, some people need more or less of each compound to get to the right combo. Try adding an extra 500mg of B3.

lexis

Magnesium chloride spray in addition to aspirin + coffee combo gives super energy to me. Danny Roddy says magnesium is a surrogate for thyroid.

Peata

Filip, Haidut, others, I think were right about this. It seems like it's raising my metabolism.

I am having to remind myself to eat a hearty snack or meal every couple hours whether I feel like it or not. It seems like I'm burning through my fuel faster. But I don't always feel hunger. And if I don't eat whether I feel hungry or not, a headache will start coming on. I managed to keep a headache away yesterday by eating food regularly. I ate solid food - whatever I felt like.

Strangely, I ate over 3000 calories yesterday and didn't gain. I hope the same hold true today, because I am already over 2000 and it's just late afternoon.

juanitacarlos

I'm so glad you mentioned that Peata. I've been so hungry the past week - didn't click that it could be the coffee/aspirin combo.

My flatmate even noticed how quickly I'm going through food.

superhuman

this is great Peata: how is your pulse and temp?

monitor your calories and weight from now and forward and have a look, also use the mirror ofc :) the same with you other guys that feel like its working. Remember to big dosage of caffeine can turn on stress response when there is not enough fuel so that is why alot of people feel tired etc because FFA gets released into the bloodstream for energy.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I eat a lot more food while taking this. Imagine all the healing thats happening. :)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
The suggested dose.......200mgs caffeine.......500mgs niacinamide.....1500mgs B1.

superhuman

cool. How is your pulse, temp etc? how many times a day do you take it? i guess b1 is only taken once a day?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am doing this twice a day now. I dont track pulse and temp right now.

Peata

Had 3,400 calories yesterday and did not gain today.

But the effect I get from the combo, is it really helping? It makes me have to eat all day to stave off a headache. And I'm not losing weight or water weight.

Today I've just had regular amounts of caffeine, no aspirin and no niacinamide. I've had 1,100 calories so far, and no threat of headache. I'm going to eat more, of course before the day is out. But I haven't had to shovel food in every couple hours like with the combo. Actually, I was taking 100 mg. caffeine every 4 hours and usually niacinamide with it the last couple days. Some aspirin maybe once per day.

I had too much caffeine later in day yesterday and couldn't fall asleep til the middle of the night. Then I've been pretty run down today. Again, just had regular caffeine from coffee and no aspirin or niacinamide today.

Not sure what I will do after the break I'm giving myself today, but I'll probably only use the extra caffeine/niacinamide once per day, especially since I see it has not helped with the water/weight. Feels like a job to keep the eating going just to prevent drop in blood sugar and headache.

Also, pulse is always over 80 when I check it. Right now it's 96, but not sure that's a good thing. I wasn't taking temps for a long while, but have been for the last few days, and it's usually 97.0 - 97.2 in the morning. So far, it seems to stay mostly above 97.5 during the day when I check it --often in the 98s, which I'll take. Right now it's 98.2 in the evening, after a mix of Greek yogurt, gelatin, milk, sugar, salt, spoon of frozen conc. OJ.

jyb

Peata said:
I had too much caffeine later in day yesterday and couldn't fall asleep til the middle of the night. Then I've been pretty run down today. Again, just had regular caffeine from coffee and no aspirin or niacinamide today.

I do the baby version for now, 81mg aspirin (for which supplementing K2 is not necessary), 50-100mg niacinamide, one strong coffee cup (hard to tell caffeine content, could be 100-300mg), a few times a day. It's not so different from what I do previously, its just that have the niacinamide at the same time as the rest, because haidut's idea about it reducing the likelihood of an adrenaline response makes sense.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals