My 98 Day Low Vitamin A Diet Experiment Combined with Drinking Hot Water Four Times a Day

Hugh Johnson

Going to be an interesting experiment ?.

You're partially right. Your deviated septum is likely to reflect the overall imbalance of your jaws (as the nasal cartilage sits on top of the upper jaw) and possible the whole cranium too. The rest of the spine then takes postural cues from the jaw. It's necessarily this way because the jaw surrounds the airways and maintaining the integrity of your windpipe is of utmost importance to the body.

In order to minimize the skewing influence the upper jaw has on the rest of the spine, try to keep your tongue and jaw as relaxed as possible, with your teeth apart and the tip of your tongue resting in the chin cavity below the lower front teeth (slightly shifted to the side that opposes the side towards which your septum is deviating). This oral configuration will provide you with a maximally neutral foundation for fixing your spinal alignment, lest you end up merely enforcing the existing asymmetric patterns.
I'm curious about this. Would this not cause the maxilla to drop since there is no tongue support? That would make the issue worse long term.

OP
Max23

Max23

@Eberhardt @youngsinatra Maybe it is detox. My fiber intake is 40 grams per day, 5 grams above the required level. It mainly comes from pears. It should be adequate. I´ll try to get more. I´ll take some B1 and B2 and then do a few days of TUDCA. Hunger and cravings (now sugar, salt, acid, nuts) with seemingly sufficient diet point to malabsorption. I think there is some inflammation in the intestines, though I don´t know why. The floating fuzzy stool indicates that. Rectum is still bloody on wiping. These digestive problems are concerning.

Eberhardt

@Eberhardt @youngsinatra Maybe it is detox. My fiber intake is 40 grams per day, 5 grams above the required level. It mainly comes from pears. It should be adequate. I´ll try to get more. I´ll take some B1 and B2 and then do a few days of TUDCA. Hunger and cravings (now sugar, salt, acid, nuts) with seemingly sufficient diet point to malabsorption. I think there is some inflammation in the intestines, though I don´t know why. The floating fuzzy stool indicates that. Rectum is still bloody on wiping. These digestive problems are concerning.
Could be the high aldehyde from pears using up the detox-pathway causing higher retinol and its metabolites in the intestines.

TheSir

I'm curious about this. Would this not cause the maxilla to drop since there is no tongue support? That would make the issue worse long term.
To simplify: the tongue is responsible for horizontal development, the jaw for vertical development. However, someone with asymmetries tends to be better off avoiding top-down asymmetric vertical/horizontal postural cues alike altogether, at least until the rest of their spine is neutral enough to allow for them to fight the cranial asymmetry directly with the jaw and the tongue.

Korven

More fiber is not always better. Me and @Vinero have had long discussions about fiber and come to the conclusion that soluble fiber in high quantities is not always so great (for some individuals). It can cause gut inflammation and all sorts of unpleasant symptoms. I think this is why James Salisbury was so adamant about the low-fermentation diet of only lean beef. My bro-science theory is that excessive fermentation in the colon causes cholestasis. I always feel much better on a low fiber diet and feel much worse on a high fiber diet.

Note: I'm not telling you what to do but I think it could at least be worth experimenting with different types of fiber (soluble vs insoluble, grains vs fruit/vegetable) and high fiber diets vs low fiber diets. In my experience when there is any sort of gut dysbiosis or inflammation, adding in more fiber can definitely make things worse.

Eberhardt

More fiber is not always better. Me and @Vinero have had long discussions about fiber and come to the conclusion that soluble fiber in high quantities is not always so great (for some individuals). It can cause gut inflammation and all sorts of unpleasant symptoms. I think this is why James Salisbury was so adamant about the low-fermentation diet of only lean beef. My bro-science theory is that excessive fermentation in the colon causes cholestasis. I always feel much better on a low fiber diet and feel much worse on a high fiber diet.

Note: I'm not telling you what to do but I think it could at least be worth experimenting with different types of fiber (soluble vs insoluble, grains vs fruit/vegetable) and high fiber diets vs low fiber diets. In my experience when there is any sort of gut dysbiosis or inflammation, adding in more fiber can definitely make things worse.
I generally agree. Personally I found I needed more fiber the first two years ca and now the need is redused. More is definately not necessarily better though it justed sounded lowish from the diet and the symptoms fit mine. "Results may vary" :D

OP
Max23

Max23

Could be the high aldehyde from pears using up the detox-pathway causing higher retinol and its metabolites in the intestines.

I´ll think of a way to get rid of pears, but yesterday I ate bananas and apples and an immune reaction that resulted in skin damage happened. I tried black peas as well, they a lot of the times result in pimples, this time I had like 15 the next day, small but still. I have some psyllium, but consuming that usually results in constipation and pebble poop. Maybe eating fried beef causes gum problems or drinking warm water does. I now reduced my warm water intake from four to two times a day and started drinking with food. Also to avoid neck tightness and estrogenic facial flush reaction.

The first time I tried the low vitamin A diet I was able to make my stool perfect, this time it is worse. I wonder what the difference is? Last time I ate pork, didn´t eat beef and overall this is more of a low vitamin A variant. I didn´t drink warm water as well. My rectum was perfect on wiping, now it is very bloody. Working theories right now are it is caused by detox, vitamin A dumping, eating pears or eating fried minced beef.

Luckily fatigue has gone away, especially since I added more sugar (that is mainly from jam or honey).

@Korven Personally don´t have a certain opinion about fibre. Very confusing subject. Polysaccharides in beans I think cause acne for me. Was thinking maybe oat bran porridge would be a good idea. I don´t really know what low vitamin A community thinks about that one. It is very high in fibre and thiamine. Also I would get iodine and B9 from it. Antinutrients are concerning, but on paper it seems like a good idea.

More is definately not necessarily better though it justed sounded lowish from the diet and the symptoms fit mine.

How did your early days on the low vitamin A diet go? Was it difficult?

OP
Max23

Max23

Here are my health markers, with which I try to measure the effectiveness of the diet. The grades are based on the average feeling of the previous period. The summary of the grades has improved 3 points, which is a slight improvement:
1648645313283.png

Eberhardt

I´ll think of a way to get rid of pears, but yesterday I ate bananas and apples and an immune reaction that resulted in skin damage happened. I tried black peas as well, they a lot of the times result in pimples, this time I had like 15 the next day, small but still. I have some psyllium, but consuming that usually results in constipation and pebble poop. Maybe eating fried beef causes gum problems or drinking warm water does. I now reduced my warm water intake from four to two times a day and started drinking with food. Also to avoid neck tightness and estrogenic facial flush reaction.

The first time I tried the low vitamin A diet I was able to make my stool perfect, this time it is worse. I wonder what the difference is? Last time I ate pork, didn´t eat beef and overall this is more of a low vitamin A variant. I didn´t drink warm water as well. My rectum was perfect on wiping, now it is very bloody. Working theories right now are it is caused by detox, vitamin A dumping, eating pears or eating fried minced beef.

Luckily fatigue has gone away, especially since I added more sugar (that is mainly from jam or honey).

@Korven Personally don´t have a certain opinion about fibre. Very confusing subject. Polysaccharides in beans I think cause acne for me. Was thinking maybe oat bran porridge would be a good idea. I don´t really know what low vitamin A community thinks about that one. It is very high in fibre and thiamine. Also I would get iodine and B9 from it. Antinutrients are concerning, but on paper it seems like a good idea.

How did your early days on the low vitamin A diet go? Was it difficult?
If you eat jam that too conatins aldehydes like the pears so might exacberate it . Ive had all the problems you described so I can symphatize. It was rough the first 1.5 years for me. Mental symptoms, fatigue, opportunistic infections and inflammation. But also a steady improvemnt seen longterm. I had lots of vision and bloodsugar issues forst months/ half year. I was first afraid it was a deficiency but logic and blood tests excluded that. I didnt go cold turkey, kept orange juice and eggs first months.

Due to not having gotten rid of my glutensensitivity I cant do oats but some peoole do good on them. Others not all, as I understand it the betaglucans at least ,in it, might trigger increased bile production which for some causes lots of problems. So if you try Id recomend to go slow - and see if it is a better effect then what you get now. How do you feelnon low fiber? Its not what Id lean to but who knows?

If you feel good by sugar I dont thinknot harms if you dont use up ypir Ns or have it with a lot of fat which I dont thinknit sounds like you do

OP
Max23

Max23

If you eat jam that too conatins aldehydes like the pears so might exacberate it . Ive had all the problems you described so I can symphatize. It was rough the first 1.5 years for me. Mental symptoms, fatigue, opportunistic infections and inflammation. But also a steady improvemnt seen longterm. I had lots of vision and bloodsugar issues forst months/ half year. I was first afraid it was a deficiency but logic and blood tests excluded that. I didnt go cold turkey, kept orange juice and eggs first months.

Due to not having gotten rid of my glutensensitivity I cant do oats but some peoole do good on them. Others not all, as I understand it the betaglucans at least ,in it, might trigger increased bile production which for some causes lots of problems. So if you try Id recomend to go slow - and see if it is a better effect then what you get now. How do you feelnon low fiber? Its not what Id lean to but who knows?

If you feel good by sugar I dont thinknot harms if you dont use up ypir Ns or have it with a lot of fat which I dont thinknit sounds like you do
Interesting! Oat bran doesn´t have gluten. I really haven´t done low fibre or thought of any diet I have done in that way.

Eberhardt

Oat bran doesn´t have gluten.
Unfortunately it does have gluten. Its less troublesome for many then say wheat but it contains it, just like corn. There is no grains as far as I know that doesnt contain gluten as there is about 200 different types of gluten. Gluten is a group ofnproteins, not a specific molecule (just like differwnt typea of PUFA) It is just a marketing ploy due to the anti-wheat trend that it doesnt. But if one tolerates it of course its fine Characterization and Analysis of Protein Structures in Oat Bran - PubMed

Whats the point on the lemon? Did you read it elaborated somewhere? I worry for the lemon acidity to the teeth.
Lemon is like an astringent. It’s cleansing. And you also get a little Vit C to boot. If you’re concerned with your teeth, use a straw.

OP
Max23

Max23

Unfortunately it does have gluten. Its less troublesome for many then say wheat but it contains it, just like corn. There is no grains as far as I know that doesnt contain gluten as there is about 200 different types of gluten. Gluten is a group ofnproteins, not a specific molecule (just like differwnt typea of PUFA) It is just a marketing ploy due to the anti-wheat trend that it doesnt. But if one tolerates it of course its fine Characterization and Analysis of Protein Structures in Oat Bran - PubMed
Interesting. Eating it doesn´t really help. Did it yesterday and today have stool that is floating (the fiber in it doesn´t seem to help at all) in it´s entirety and also I got a neck pain, neck nerve irritability that happens after eating gluten. Been eating corn-rice-crackerbread-things (galetta?) as well in smaller quntities.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals