My Experience On Vitamin A Elimination Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

franko

In this thread I will (eventually) post the details of my experience of being on a Vitamin A (VA) elimination diet since April of 2018.

I began this experiment after reading Grant Genereux's research on VA toxicity which I previously made a thread about here:

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/grant-genereuxs-theory-of-vitamin-a-toxicity.24722/

In the original post of that thread I summarize the theory and the why and how of this experiment.

You could also call it a Minimal VA Diet because it's about getting as your VA intake as low as possible while still having a adequately palatable and otherwise nutritionally sufficient diet.

In this thread, I plan to post more detail about what I ate and what I stopped eating and my observations and experiences and what symptoms improved and when during the past 3.5 months.

And as long as I don't end up dead or blind from "VA deficiency" :tongueout: I can use this thread as a log for this ongoing experiment because I plan to continue on this diet until ... well, until I have optimal health, I guess. We'll see what happens.

Kehaar

I'm also interested in your experiences. Apologies if you already addressed it, but could you comment on gluten? Do you eat it? Does it cause you problems? Do you tolerate it better after reducing VA? Could reduced VA improve digestion to allow for better starch tolerance? I've read a lot about starch and autoimmune diseases and wondering what your thoughts are.

I may be consuming too much VA (in foods) for my physiology and I'm glad you brought up this issue.

Interestingly, I ate a lot of bread during a week in Paris last month with no joint pain (I have RA). But typically US bread (even unfortified organic sourdough) seems to cause joint pain.

InChristAlone

I'm also interested in your experiences. Apologies if you already addressed it, but could you comment on gluten? Do you eat it? Does it cause you problems? Do you tolerate it better after reducing VA? Could reduced VA improve digestion to allow for better starch tolerance? I've read a lot about starch and autoimmune diseases and wondering what your thoughts are.

I may be consuming too much VA (in foods) for my physiology and I'm glad you brought up this issue.

Interestingly, I ate a lot of bread during a week in Paris last month with no joint pain (I have RA). But typically US bread (even unfortified organic sourdough) seems to cause joint pain.
It is very common for European bread to not flare RA. In th US they use glyphosate as a dessicant prior to harvest.

OP
F

franko

EDIT:

I've gone ahead and made a separate thread for my diet. I don't want to be creating too many threads, but now that I've written it all out I think it's most helpful as the OP of a thread. Hope that's okay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.