Supplementing More Than 10,000 IU Of Vitamin D A Day Based On The Work Of Jeff Bowles

Jing

Maybe actually look at a few brands first?

Check out Sports Research, and Viva Naturals.

Both of them only contain coconut oil, gelatin, glycerin, and water, along with Vitamin D.

Carlson also has drops that are in MCT oil.
I'm in UK I can't find anything with a good price that I could do high dose with .

Giraffe

- Efficacy of High-Dose Vitamin D Supplements for Elite Athletes

With the equivalent of 5000 or 10000 IU a day for 12 months, their vit D levels ended up at about 150 and the others something close to 200 nmol/L.​
But the interesting part..​
"[Our] data imply that high doses of supplemental vitamin D3 are sufficient to markedly induce the expression of 24-hydroxylase, leading to the negative control of 1,25[OH]2D activity."​

To not derail the thread I replied here.

Mossy

K2 I always take, will probably be on it for the rest of my life. Awesome vitamin.

I get quite a bit of E as well right now. I do take some additional A, and do eat liver about every two weeks.
Thank you.

youngsinatra

I took 500'000 IU over the course of 10 days. Will recheck my 25OHD after I get out of quarantine. I have observed pretty improved sleep and circadian sync since then and I got through a c'rona infection without symptoms.

25OHD was persistently low before - my latest blood test result in March showed 32ng/ml after months of taking 8000 IU D3 sublingually daily. But I also took 20-40K IU of retinol at that time, which might explain the non-responding 25OHD. This time I didn't take vitamin A.

baccheion

Any updates from people who take around 25k IU daily? Is this a safe daily dose with enough K2?
100 mg vitamin K2 MK-4 can handle 250,000 IU vitamin D2 according to one study. Divide by 8-16 to get vitamin D3 units (15,000-30,000 IUs). Less K2 needed if higher fat meal (set at 20g/meal; absorption curves up and doubles by 34.5g in a meal).

Vitamin D3 increases need for vitamin A (eg, 2.4 : 1 D3 : A), vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin K2, zinc, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus. That is, it increases aldosterone. Less calcium and sodium would be required.

One person elsewhere (doing something unrelated to vitamin D3) found phosphorus replacement at 1.5g. About half as much as magnesium and calcium will work. 800 mg magnesium, 800 mg calcium, and 1,600 mg phosphorus as an example.

Need at least 2x as much potassium as calcium. Same with magnesium and phosphorus. Up to 10x as much. At least 4.8g then if bioavailable calcium assumed equivalent to what's from TUL.

Use an online PRAL score calculator to ensure net alkaline.

Unsure how Peaty this is. Milk is effectively a no. Would certainly have to be fruits and potatoes to get enough potassium. And more protein to net enough phosphorus. As an example: 5 lb bag russet potatoes, 16 ounce bag frozen collard greens, 2 ribeyes; D3, K2, magnesium, zinc, B2, and B3 as supplements. Drags in a lot of fiber and other non-Peaty things. Heh.

ChopSuey

If taking adequate K2, vitamin A + magnesium would it be fine taking high doses of vitamin d3(30K) with a high calcium diet (gallon of milk per day)?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals