Low Toxin Logs Log - Anti-Vitamin A Diet - Testing out if i have been a Peatard

youngsinatra

@youngsinatra B12 and folate are in the blood test.
Ceruloplasmin, B1, B2, and biotin aren't available for me to test.
I don't know what MMA is.
Copper is possible in the next blood test. I've been struggling with peeing lately. Would be interesting to see how the copper values are.
Ah I see. :D

MMA stands for methylmalonic acid (MMA). If it’s elevated then it means B12 can‘t be used, even when holo-TC and serum B12 are normal or even high. It’s usually due to biotin deficiency.

Do you get these tests for free?

cfeehan

Forum Supporter
Hi Orangebear, Itchy skin can be a sign of liver issues. On the nights that you itch try and correlate it with what you ate, was it something particularly inflammatory?

As for not flushing on 100mg... Different brands can have different quality of niacin, I had a brand years ago that gave me a crazy flush at 100 mg, another brand that gave only slight flushing at 100mg. If you upped your dose to 500 mg you'll look like you just baked in the sun for nine hours.

Side quest: don't tell anyone you're going to do the flush, then when it happens just walk into the room and sit down as if you don't know you look like you're actually on fire.

Just wanted to report an interesting piece of info. I'm only 3 days into starting niacin. My understanding from reading @charlie 's dosing chart is that I don't have to worry too much about buffering until I get to 200mg doses or above, so I have started with 100mg capsules.

For the last 3 days, I've had breakfast about 7am and then followed it with the 100mg niacin dose. Have not felt a thing.

But today, I tried making a drink that I'm planning to try as a coffee replacement (working to ditch the decaf) - 1/2 tsp raw honey, 1/4 tsp ACV and warm water.
Had this about 10am and was only a few sips in when the FLUSH came on strong (I really like it).

I was excited to get that milestone on such a small dose. I'm not sure if it just took a few days to build up in my system or if it was adding the vinegar or if it just took my digestion awhile to break open the capsule. I'm going to try 100mg again tomorrow without the ACV drink and see what happens.

brongfogboy

Just wanted to report an interesting piece of info. I'm only 3 days into starting niacin. My understanding from reading @charlie 's dosing chart is that I don't have to worry too much about buffering until I get to 200mg doses or above, so I have started with 100mg capsules.

For the last 3 days, I've had breakfast about 7am and then followed it with the 100mg niacin dose. Have not felt a thing.

But today, I tried making a drink that I'm planning to try as a coffee replacement (working to ditch the decaf) - 1/2 tsp raw honey, 1/4 tsp ACV and warm water.
Had this about 10am and was only a few sips in when the FLUSH came on strong (I really like it).

I was excited to get that milestone on such a small dose. I'm not sure if it just took a few days to build up in my system or if it was adding the vinegar or if it just took my digestion awhile to break open the capsule. I'm going to try 100mg again tomorrow without the ACV drink and see what happens.
If you had the niacin on an empty stomach I would guess that's what gave you a more intense flush. If you had it after food as you normally would then you may need to suspect you have low stomach acid since the ACV appears to have helped you. Were you on an empty stomach?

OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
2 new blood tests:

12th March 2024
Skjermbilde 2024-03-22 kl. 11.14.41.png

19th March 2024
Skjermbilde 2024-03-22 kl. 11.14.23.png

Retinol
Skjermbilde 2024-03-22 kl. 11.14.57.png

All blood tests so far:
Skjermbilde 2024-03-22 kl. 11.15.36.png

OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
Blood test
2nd april 2024

The retinol is starting to show a trend of going down 0,1 points per blood test.

Skjermbilde 2024-04-06 kl. 11.09.18.png

Skjermbilde 2024-04-06 kl. 11.08.49.png

Peater

Blood test
2nd april 2024

The retinol is starting to show a trend of going down 0,1 points per blood test.
Excellent! Did you notice any symptoms that could be related to 'dumping' vit A from the liver or has it been a smooth process? How are you feeling?

Jabuger

So according the the toxic bile theory during these peaks in serum retinol you should be feeling like crap am I correct?

And during the troughs you should feel amazing.

would you say your health has matched these peaks and troughs?

OP
D

Daniel North

Forum Supporter
So according the the toxic bile theory during these peaks in serum retinol you should be feeling like crap am I correct?
Spot on
I dont feel like i have been through any "troughs" yet.

How are you feeling?
A bit better than what i felt like when i had 3,5 in retinol.
Feels like it has been on a very stable, energy-lacking sailing that is sloooowly getting better.

ddjd

I don't see any benefits at all to doing the blood tests. No. 1 they can be wildly inaccurate and no.2 just go on symptoms and how you feel.... It's as simple as
....Do you feel healthier and better on low vit A diet???

FitnessMike

would you update us on how you feel ? Any improvements?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals