Low Toxin Logs Insomnia After Starting Low-Toxin Diet [Solved?]

OP
S

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
I wanted to update this thread and inform those following it that I managed to get a decent night of sleep in a very unorthodox way. Since I suspected that my cold forehead had something to do with the insomnia, I fell asleep by lying on my side and propping my head up with my hands—which have been very warm these past few days—on my forehead. My forearm slightly obstructed the pathway of my breathing, which created a kind of seal causing me to recycle a lot of the carbon dioxide that I was exhaling. I'm not sure whether it was the warm forehead or the increased carbon dioxide intake, but around 1 am, I managed to fall asleep. After some very intense dreaming, I woke up again at 4:30 am feeling extremely feverishly hot, but I was ecstatic that I managed to fall asleep. I tried the same technique again and managed to fall asleep again until around 8 am. This is just a band-aid, but for the time being, if it helps me get my sleep, I'll be glad to do it while my body starts to detoxify.

Nick

I've started the low toxin diet too and I'm experiencing insomnia (but not every night). I am slowly weaning up on niacin (right now I'm taking about 1000mg per day in divided doses), and I'm taking thiamine too at 175mg 2x/day along with the other recommended supplements. I'm wondering if that's too much B-vitamins? Or, that I should start taking some of the other B-vitamins to assist the other ones I'm taking now.
Going too high on niacin can cause insomnia for me, whereas a lower dose seems to improve sleep.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Going too high on niacin can cause insomnia for me, whereas a lower dose seems to improve sleep.
I notice the same.

Nick

Nick,
What dose was too high?
At one point 50 mg/day was too much for me and other times it was up to 1g that was too much. It depends on the person and it will change over time as you use niacin for longer and also depending on other factors in your physiology. There is a thread on niacin dosing guidelines that is close to what I have been doing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals