Low Toxin Testimonials I was skeptical at first too, but the changes really are astounding...

Caro

... People have disagreed with me about a few things (mainly estrogen) but the conversations always remained civil. ...
That's interesting, what was it about estrogen that they disagreed with? Would very much like to know your thoughts.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

EchoTango

I consumed predominately:

- Beef, Lamb, Bison
- Pork
- Milk, Cheese
- Onions, Garlic
- Eggs (tried to limit in some capacity)
- White Rice
- Pasta
- Spinach
- Honey
- Potatoes (not as often)
- No OJ, but plenty other fruit juices (tried to stay minimally processed/fresh pressed if available)
- Beef Liver, and other organ meats such as chicken hearts
- Oysters and various shellfish
- Chocolate/Ice Cream, and yes occasionally indulged in processed candy and sweets
- Caffeine/Coffee

Comparing your previous diet with the current one, it seems you have also eliminated very high oxalate foods, like spinach, chocolate and medium-high oxalate potato. Unless you overdo the wheat in the bread and noodles, your new diet is low oxalate.

- Beef, Bison, Lamb, Venison
- Organic White Rice
- Organic Japanese Udon Noodles
- Iceberg Lettuce (Organic heads)
- Peeled Cucumber
- Capers
- Pad Thai/Rice Noodles
- Homemade sourdough bread
- Apples (1-2 daily)
- Bananas (1 or less a day)
- Pure White Sea Salt
- Purified/Distilled Water (the only liquid/beverage that I consume) **I add dextrose to my water from time to time.

How do you know if the good results are from eliminating vitamin A or oxalates or something else?

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
My diet varied from time to time but generally always stayed within the consensus of Peat's framework/bioenergetic principles.
To be fair, I did consume more liquids before in the form of fruit juices and some milk, but I wouldn't say that my diet was ever 'mostly' liquid. I would consider it more balanced in terms of solid food to liquid.

I consumed predominately:

- Beef, Lamb, Bison
- Pork
- Milk, Cheese
- Onions, Garlic
- Eggs (tried to limit in some capacity)
- White Rice
- Pasta
- Spinach
- Honey
- Potatoes (not as often)
- No OJ, but plenty other fruit juices (tried to stay minimally processed/fresh pressed if available)
- Beef Liver, and other organ meats such as chicken hearts
- Oysters and various shellfish
- Chocolate/Ice Cream, and yes occasionally indulged in processed candy and sweets
- Caffeine/Coffee

I eat somewhat more instinctively now, or at least I try to. So I'm not tracking calories/macros at the moment nor am I denying myself of any large portions.

My split, based off of some rough calculations now, would be something in the ballpark of:

- 45% Carbs
- 20-25% Protein
- 30-35% Fat
So your diet is actually more or less the same, just without vit A rich food?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
That's interesting, what was it about estrogen that they disagreed with? Would very much like to know your thoughts.
Basically that I chose to use it (as a last ditch effort) in hopes of avoiding surgery when I experienced a pelvic organ prolapse. You can imagine that isn’t a popular choice around here. I don’t talk about it much and definitely don’t go around promoting it but at the same time I believe in always being honest. I think it’s a highly personal decision that every woman needs to weigh carefully and research thoroughly. Hopefully this doesn’t start a firestorm of talk about how estrogenic Blossom acts! 😂

fevronia

Basically that I chose to use it (as a last ditch effort) in hopes of avoiding surgery when I experienced a pelvic organ prolapse. You can imagine that isn’t a popular choice around here. I don’t talk about it much and definitely don’t go around promoting it but at the same time I believe in always being honest. I think it’s a highly personal decision that every woman needs to weigh carefully and research thoroughly. Hopefully this doesn’t start a firestorm of talk about how estrogenic Blossom acts! 😂
So it had a positive effect in your case?

Kyle970

Does glyphosate also store in the meat and/or fat of grassfed cattle?
(If the grass has been sprayed with glyphosate containing pesticides).
Could one possibly become high in glyphosate from eating grassfed meats which grazed on land sprayed with glyphosate pesticides?
My understanding is- no because of ruminant digestive system.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@fevronia, yes. My prolapse stopped progressing immediately and gradually improved over time. I’m able to have normal marital relations, I’m completely continent and no longer have any lifting restrictions so I’m happy with my choice. I know a couple of women who opted to get the surgical mesh slings and I’d personally do about anything to avoid that nightmare.

OP
R

RayIV

Comparing your previous diet with the current one, it seems you have also eliminated very high oxalate foods, like spinach, chocolate and medium-high oxalate potato. Unless you overdo the wheat in the bread and noodles, your new diet is low oxalate.

How do you know if the good results are from eliminating vitamin A or oxalates or something else?
I do think oxalates are playing into this equation, no doubt.

I have not taken any physical tests though, so I can’t give any one evidence in that regard.

OP
R

RayIV

So your diet is actually more or less the same, just without vit A rich food?
It would appear that way, yes.

I would argue, without vitamin a and copper rich food in tandem.

I’ve seemed to isolate the problematic variables, for me.

Caro

@fevronia, yes. My prolapse stopped progressing immediately and gradually improved over time. I’m able to have normal marital relations, I’m completely continent and no longer have any lifting restrictions so I’m happy with my choice. I know a couple of women who opted to get the surgical mesh slings and I’d personally do about anything to avoid that nightmare.
Do you have to continue taking it? And is it an oral tablet or other? Thanks.

InChristAlone

Wow that is so fascinating! My sister has a prolapse, but I haven't talked to her in a while about it. I did tell her not to do the surgery. I'd be curious to know what form of estrogen and such.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Wow that is so fascinating! My sister has a prolapse, but I haven't talked to her in a while about it. I did tell her not to do the surgery. I'd be curious to know what form of estrogen and such.
I’ve been using the Bioidentical estradiol patch and estriol cream topically. I replace all the hormones though for balance. I can give you more details if you’d like by private conversation. I hate to derail the thread with an even more controversial subject than vitamin a!

fevronia

That’s wonderful to hear! I would avoid those slings too! I’ve heard stories 😟. Good job finding a solution that worked for you and thanks for sharing.

TripleOG

There never were many great testimonials, many of us figured out long ago that something was wrong with the Ray Peat diet suggestions but like me we did not know where else to go. What there was though, is people getting diabetes, parkinsons symptoms, and many people coming up with high blood pressure, their teeth literally rotting and crumbling, people getting fat, etc etc. There is one person in the facebook groups now coming down with diabetes, and another person their blood pressure keeps rising, and several people across the groups saying please help me stop getting fat on the Ray Peat diet. These were common occurrences and still continue to be. Something is deathly wrong with the Ray Peat food suggestions, and we now know what that is. I knew we would find the answer one day, and we did.

Over the years, some people could not even handle the diet for more then a week or two. Obviously knowing what we know now they were probably extremely cholestatic and full up on "vitamin A". Some people can handle it a week then crash, some a few years, some maybe even decades, but eventually the toxins will always win if you live long enough.
I hear ya. Most of the success I remember reading were from younger (20-early 30s) active people. Considering I was similar, they stuck with me. I can't deny a lot of people blew up Peating.

I'm currently going through Smith's podcasts and just finished the "Deconstructing Disastrous Peat-Inspired Nutrition" one. There were some awful "Peat practitioners" out there. Some of the EastWest stuff sounded crazy. If that was the default advice people were getting then I see where you and @InChristAlone are coming from. Fortunately I took a mixed approach and avoided many pitfalls because of it.

Richiebogie

So here is a guy @RayIV, who literally unlocked his liver in 2 months. I have never once seen an elimination diet do that to someone, yet, here we are, with another person that their liver has unlocked and is dumping toxic "vitamin A" in spades. Never once, have I seen this reported outside of these low toxins groups, the purging of yellow toxic "vitamin A" that is literally escaping any way it can. What's the difference here? We are doing something that has never been done in the world before. And the results are dramatic, and incredible.

The mainstream says that infections can cause the body to lose “valuable” vitamin A stores.

The reality seems to be that the trigger for vitamin A loss is not an infection at all, nor any other contagion.

Instead it is a deliberate, restrictive diet triggering a somewhat uncomfortable yet restorative detox (toxin dumping) event.

Dr Robert Morse discusses painful detoxing for improvement of health. He comes from the naturopathic and vegan tradition of Arnold Ehret who got many of his ideas from 19th century Germans!

Toxic Bile Theory recognises the toxic nature of several animal foods, but adds in the dangers of many vegetable foods and recommends safe animal and vegetable foods.

This is an exciting development. 🥚 👀

With medicine’s focus on stopping acute symptoms or detox, followers are left with their toxic stores and destined to suffer chronic conditions.

At least that is the theory…

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals