insomnia from caffeine disappears on fruitarian diet

Sefton10

@ddjd
What has worked best for me has been a fruitarian/ carnivore diet. All I eat is whole fruit, dried fruit, frozen fruit, fruit juice, some vegetables and meat, seafood and fat sources. When I eat my meals I eat the fruit based foods first, then I wait about 15 minutes and I eat the meat/ seafood/ cooked vegetables/ fat based foods. As much as I first thought that the food combining rules were BS, I eventually found out through experimentation that fruit digest very fast, and it digest best by itself. Plus, too much fluids seem to hamper digestion of proteins/ fats, where they dont cause an issue for fruits.

An example meal for me is:
1) 16oz of 100% pineapple juice
2) 2.5oz of dried persimmon
3) 1 raw carrot peeled

wait 15 minutes for that to digest

4) 4oz of steak with macadmia nut oil drizzled on top. (a lot of times I also add some cooked vegetable here like cooked zucchini [technically a fruit], cooked carrots, cooked broccoli)

I've been eating this way for a few years now and have resolved alot of issues. I dont tolerate starches, grains, beans, nuts, seeds, or dairy well at all. They all leave me bloated, brain foggy, on a blood sugar roller coaster and/ or with joint pain.
@CLASH am I right in thinking if you could tolerate dairy you would include it as you do see the nutritional benefits of it?

CLASH

@CLASH am I right in thinking if you could tolerate dairy you would include it as you do see the nutritional benefits of it?
Yes you are correct. If I could eat cheese and drink milk it would be a decent part of my diet. I thoroughly enjoy the taste of milk, cheese, ice cream, yogurt, cream, butter, etc.

Yes you are correct. If I could eat cheese and drink milk it would be a decent part of my diet. I thoroughly enjoy the taste of milk, cheese, ice cream, yogurt, cream, butter, etc.
Same. I would still avoid A1 milk if I tolerated dairy, but I would drink a ton of A2 milk or goat's milk.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Same. I would still avoid A1 milk if I tolerated dairy, but I would drink a ton of A2 milk or goat's milk.
i tried this. doesnt work. the amount of money I've spent on raw milk, a2 milk, organic grass feed, bla bla..... the problem is just milk. i believe its due to the whey protein element which is extremely insulinogenic.

for example i tolerate hard cheese without issue because all of the whey is removed

dukesbobby777

i tried this. doesnt work. the amount of money I've spent on raw milk, a2 milk, organic grass feed, bla bla..... the problem is just milk. i believe its due to the whey protein element which is extremely insulinogenic.

for example i tolerate hard cheese without issue because all of the whey is removed

Nothing to do with the digestibility (or lack of it) of the milk sugars? My theory on my battles with trying to incorporate milk is that trying to make it a staple caused my body more stress (even though I would perceive it as being an overall positive addition). The thumping heart beat following consumption (which I incorrectly assumed was increased metabolism), the bad body odor, the moodiness (lack of tolerance towards stressful situations), the white tongue, the problems with bowel movements and perhaps some other side effects (that I can now no longer remember). In my case I’m sure it was my body just not accepting the food, even though my gut felt good. For instance, on a mostly milk diet I had no endotoxin symptoms at all. I don’t think it was an insulinogenic factor for me, because my diet was also very high in sugars. With fructose being very good at lowering insulin spikes (according to Peat). And I’d always have milk with sugar, honey or maple syrup. I also tried every milk that was out there. Every type (UHT, unhomogenised, raw, low fat, A2, goat, organic, all different brands, etc). I just think it’s a ‘food’ that doesn’t sit well with many humans (and probably never will for those that don’t tolerate it). Even though Peat says to keep trying different milks until you find Ike that works.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

@Rafael Lao Wai @Jennifer @jet9 @dukesbobby777 @Vincent123 @CLASH @Albina @Vileplume @tankasnowgod @gaze @TheBeard

guys just a quick update on the thread- im now down by 10 kilos!!. its been around 4 weeks of avoiding ALL MILK, WHEAT, GLUTEN, STARCHES (absolutely no rice, potatoes etc.)

- Fruit only (until 8pm)
then a selection of combination of the following before bed:

- salad + meat
- mixed nuts (i know not peaty!)
- hard cheeses
- eggs
- dark chocolate (only sugar, cacao butter, cacao)

all gut inflammation massively reduced. stomach flat. as i say, 10kg's down. weight loss is once again easy + effortless- and im eating high carbs!! and cheese and chocolate almost daily! very pleased with the successs of this approach.

Last edited:
@Rafael Lao Wai @Jennifer @jet9 @dukesbobby777 @Vincent123 @CLASH @Albina @Vileplume @tankasnowgod @gaze @TheBeard

guys just a quick update on the thread- im now down by 10 kilos!!. its been around 4 weeks of avoiding ALL MILK, WHEAT, GLUTEN, STARCHES (absolutely no rice, potatoes etc.)

- Fruit only (until 8pm)

- salad + meat
- hard cheeses

all gut inflammation massively reduced. stomach flat. as i say, 10kg's down. weight loss is once again easy + effortless- and im eating high carbs!! and cheese and chocolate almost daily! very pleased with the successs of this approach.
That’s great! What are you eating for the ‘high carbs’? How is the insomnia?

- Fruit only (until 8pm)

- salad + meat
- hard cheeses

Damn, 10 kilos is a lot. Well done!

Do you know how much meat you're eating on average?

Vins7

- Fruit only (until 8pm)

- salad + meat
- hard cheeses

But this diet seems to be low un calories for someone who is underweight like me. How could I fix my los belly bloating without having a calorIc déficit?
Maybe I'll try that way of eating that you say works for you, I don't know if it would be easy for me to maintain or gain weight with it.
Thanks for sharing It.

Vileplume

- Fruit only (until 8pm)

- salad + meat
- hard cheeses
- eggs

Thanks for the update. In a world of unripe fruit.... I can’t wait for summer in the US

Jennifer

Woo-hoo! That’s awesome, @ddjd! Good for you! Your diet sounds really satisfying.

Yeah, the lack of ripe fruit is bad this winter, @Vileplume. In previous years, I could at least count on melon during the winter, but not this year. I had to increase my milk and coconut water intake to compensate for the lack of fruit calories, which for whatever reason seems to have been a good thing because I’m now tolerating liters of cow’s milk daily without issue.

jet9

- Fruit only (until 8pm)

- salad + meat
- hard cheeses
- eggs

ddjd, how it's going? time for new update :)

OP
ddjd

ddjd

ddjd, how it's going? time for new update :)
hey guys, yes update due.......

so about a week before easter i was craving some milk after a few months of not having any, and I ended up drinking milk about 9 days in a row, and this really seemed to reverse all the progress i had made. I am now back to around 93 kilos The lowest i got doing the diet was 89.5 kilos. And i started at around 99 kilos. so im still in a good position but slightly annoying to have taken a step back.

Ive cut out milk again and back to just ripe fruits, cheese, meat, nuts - as detailed previously - i expect ill get back to around 89 within a month or so.

My theory about the milk is that although its not inherently nutritionally bad, the whey in it causes huge insulin spikes, leading to more cravings and higher overall food consumption. Possibly the estrogen in it causes more water retention as well but im not sure.

let me know how you're all getting on

nitro warrior

Due to complications stemming from a pretty severe back injury I suffered, I try to keep my fiber intake low,
Do you mean a lower back injury affected the gut and if so how if you can give details? You also mentioned frequent urination at night etc, do you say there is a connection?

dukesbobby777

so about a week before easter i was craving some milk after a few months of not having any, and I ended up drinking milk about 9 days in a row, and this really seemed to reverse all the progress i had made. I am now back to around 93 kilos The lowest i got doing the diet was 89.5 kilos. And i started at around 99 kilos. so im still in a good position but slightly annoying to have taken a step back.

Ive cut out milk again and back to just ripe fruits, cheese, meat, nuts - as detailed previously - i expect ill get back to around 89 within a month or so.

My theory about the milk is that although its not inherently nutritionally bad, the whey in it causes huge insulin spikes, leading to more cravings and higher overall food consumption. Possibly the estrogen in it causes more water retention as well but im not sure.

The fruit in Germany must be pretty good? I would love to try your approach but I just can’t stomach the fruit here in the UK. It’s awful.

jet9

I am surprised that nuts don’t cause weight gain for you, but milk does.

reality

The fruit in Germany must be pretty good? I would love to try your approach but I just can’t stomach the fruit here in the UK. It’s awful.
Where are you getting your fruit from? Both M&S and Waitrose do good quality fruit

OP
ddjd

ddjd

I'm from the UK so can confirm absolutely no difference compared to Germany. As I say I eat a lot of fruits that peat doesn't recommend- Bananas etc. I think the main thing is you have to enjoy eating fruit and I love fruit!

Ismail

since my teenage years ive had general problems falling asleep, and when i started drinking regular coffee about ten years ago I always had to be very careful not to drink anything caffeinated later than 1-2pm because i would ALWAYS get terrible insomnia.

I've been experimenting with a fruitarian diet for the past 2 weeks for weight loss benefits and also noticed my sleep has improved significantly despite sometimes drinking coffee as late as 6pm!!! this is unbelievable for me!

so surely that means for whatever reason fats are causing my liver serious problems with regards to processing things like caffeine. i have long suspected that my issues are related to fat digestion and perhaps fatty liver being a main issue. but i never would have guessed going fat free would solve my sleep problems.

for any other people with insomnia issues, particularly after caffeine, it might be worth trying fat free and/or fruit only!
That’s amazing, thank you for sharing this, I might give this a try.

I came across this earlier today:

Attachments

• 8E5BF30B-78C9-4409-A9A6-1254A6B75518.jpeg
    8E5BF30B-78C9-4409-A9A6-1254A6B75518.jpeg
    693 KB · Views: 59

Ismail

I can totally understand that as I’ve noticed on the forum that lack of satiety on a fruit-based diet is a common complaint. Do you tolerate cheese, juice and/or dried fruit? Due to complications stemming from a pretty severe back injury I suffered, I try to keep my fiber intake low, but here’s a fairly typical day of eating for me and rough calorie counts:

BREAKFAST
  • 1 liter skimmed goat’s milk (400 calories)
  • 2 TBSP raw honey (120 calories)
LUNCH
  • 1/2 liter of skimmed goat’s milk (200 calories)
  • 1 liter of fresh pressed juice (400 calories)
  • 28g of salty goat cheese (75 calories)
  • 1 heirloom tomato with salt and pepper (40 calories)
  • 100g sukkari dates (280 calories)
DINNER
  • 1/2 liter of skimmed goat’s milk (200 calories)
  • 1 liter of fresh pressed juice (400 calories)
  • 28g of salty goat cheese (75 calories)
  • 1 large heirloom tomato with salt and pepper (40 calories)
  • 50g of freeze-dried fruits—mango, dragon fruit and jackfruit (200 calories)
Sometimes I eat more, especially around my period, but I don’t usually eat more than 2,500 calories most days now. I can relate to being thin no matter which foods are eaten. I used to need over 3,000 calories daily prior to adding the goat dairy and supplementing NDT, and I’m on the smaller side (45kg) and not very active, at least not enough to warrant needing that many calories. Anyhow, I hope you find a way of eating that doesn’t require you to sacrifice satiety or feeling good. :)
Sukkari dates are so sweet and yummy!! ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals