My Week Off Caffeinated Coffee - Experience; Positives/Negatives

Makrosky

Aaaaawwwww....thank you @Jsaute21! It is simply BEST out there hands down. It kills me seeing all these sweet people suffering from coffee. They simply do not have to. Soooo hard to convince people...
hey lisa... when you say good things about that coffee you drink... you are talking about just the pleasure of drinking good tasting coffee without side effects... or you are talking about getting the good effects (liver, cognition, mood, etc.) without side effects?

Like... do you notice some health markers (subjective) go down when you don't drink that coffee ?

Jsaute21

Coffee is such an elusive variable for me. Some days it is great or at the very least in consequential while others it dampens my mood, decreases overall attractiveness (I am superficial and hyper aware of my own looks). Not proud of it but it's the truth. Today I had a smoothie consisting of 1% milk, pine pollen, 1 date, honey, collagen followed by coffee with cream and 1% milk with sugar. I am constipated and not feeling my best. Any thoughts to why?

Agent207

It would be great if someone checked fasting glucose, insulin and HbA1c before and after acute caffeine consumption to be out of doubt about improving insulin sensitivity.

I see peatarian view on caffeine a bit one-sided. Coffee is good when eating liver or non-heme iron containing foods tough.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

"How I Shortened My Life Expectancy and Doubled My Chance of Liver Cancer in Three Easy Steps."

Maybe you don't need coffee yet. Maybe check back in a few years.

Makrosky

"How I Shortened My Life Expectancy and Doubled My Chance of Liver Cancer in Three Easy Steps."

Maybe you don't need coffee yet. Maybe check back in a few years.
LOL

"How I expanded my Life Expectancy and Halved my chance of liver cancer by becoming a restless, nervous, agitated and jittery person for the rest of my life with Three Cups of Coffee a day".

DaveFoster

LOL

"How I expanded my Life Expectancy and Halved my chance of liver cancer by becoming a restless, nervous, agitated and jittery person for the rest of my life with Three Cups of Coffee a day".
giphy.gif

L

lollipop

hey lisa... when you say good things about that coffee you drink... you are talking about just the pleasure of drinking good tasting coffee without side effects... or you are talking about getting the good effects (liver, cognition, mood, etc.) without side effects?

Like... do you notice some health markers (subjective) go down when you don't drink that coffee ?
@Makrosky I notice no "jittery"" headachy", caffeine withdrawal symptoms, etc. when not drinking this high ph coffee or stopping it for a few days. Feels completely neutral.

What I have noticed is my temps and pulse have improved since I began drinking two 12oz cups a day. It is the darndest thing, no ramp up, no drop down with this coffee, just steady energy.

DaveFoster

@lisaferraro Probably because you're healthy, particularly your liver.

People with depression often self-medicate with coffee, and they get some wicked serotonin and nitric oxide expression when they stop, hence the headaches.

Methylene blue might be able to stop some of the effects, but it's hardly common.

Last edited:
L

lollipop

@lisaferraro Probably because your're healthy, particularly your liver.

People with depression often self-medicate with coffee, and they get some wicked serotonin and nitric oxide expression when they stop, hence the headaches.

Methylene blue might be able to stop some of the effects, but it's hardly common.
Makes sense @DaveFoster.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I notice no "jittery"" headachy", caffeine withdrawal symptoms, etc. when not drinking this high ph coffee or stopping it for a few days. Feels completely neutral.
What coffee do you use?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
L

lollipop

Awesome. I am gonna give it a try, thank you! :hattip
You are welcome! As a side note, have recommended to friends, family, clients. They all noticed the same effect: no up ramping, no drop down, just steady smooth energy. I find that fascinating as I have never experienced that with any other coffee...

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
You are welcome! As a side note, have recommended to friends, family, clients. They all noticed the same effect: no up ramping, no drop down, just steady smooth energy. I find that fascinating as I have never experienced that with any other coffee...
Sounds like a winner. :D

:raypeatcoffee

InChristAlone

I have been off all caffeine for almost 6 weeks. I also experienced many of the positives. Being able to fall asleep whenever I went to bed, I wake up naturally with the sun, seems cortisol is higher in the morning. Seems like a more natural rhythm. I don't seem to be getting the highs and lows of energy, even if I don't eat enough. Before I had intense exhaustion and sleepiness at times. I think this will continue to get better as I've heard from others. I am still dealing with other issues but the more Peaty I eat the better those issues get. My diet had become pretty yucky while recovering. My hunger is starting to come back again. Niacinamide helps. Also my ability to research has been insane. I can get completely lost in reading and learning. They say caffeine helps concentration... I'm hear to say no it was always there but because of the intensity of caffeine you have lulls until you consume again.

DaveFoster

Did ray tolerate coffee before he went on thyroid?
Ray drank quite a bit of coffee at one point; he said 10-12 cups of x4 strength coffee acted as thyroid.

He drinks 5/day now, albeit strong coffee, so probably more like 7-8.

Hello All.

This is all very interesting. So thanks to all involved for your feedback!

I really don't want to tread on anybodies toes here or take over this thread, but if anyone is still interested in the effects of coffee I've just created a new post that will track coffees effect on my health in the next two months:

You can access that here: The Great Coffee Experiment: Caffeine Tested, The Live Series And Daily Logs

I hope this can be of benefit to any of you still around.
I see this thread is quite old and have only just signed up the forum. So still getting used to it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals