insomnia from caffeine disappears on fruitarian diet

ddjd

since my teenage years ive had general problems falling asleep, and when i started drinking regular coffee about ten years ago I always had to be very careful not to drink anything caffeinated later than 1-2pm because i would ALWAYS get terrible insomnia.

I've been experimenting with a fruitarian diet for the past 2 weeks for weight loss benefits and also noticed my sleep has improved significantly despite sometimes drinking coffee as late as 6pm!!! this is unbelievable for me!

so surely that means for whatever reason fats are causing my liver serious problems with regards to processing things like caffeine. i have long suspected that my issues are related to fat digestion and perhaps fatty liver being a main issue. but i never would have guessed going fat free would solve my sleep problems.

for any other people with insomnia issues, particularly after caffeine, it might be worth trying fat free and/or fruit only!

since my teenage years ive had general problems falling asleep, and when i started drinking regular coffee about ten years ago I always had to be very careful not to drink anything caffeinated later than 1-2pm because i would ALWAYS get terrible insomnia.

I've been experimenting with a fruitarian diet for the past 2 weeks for weight loss benefits and also noticed my sleep has improved significantly despite sometimes drinking coffee as late as 6pm!!! this is unbelievable for me!

so surely that means for whatever reason fats are causing my liver serious problems with regards to processing things like caffeine. i have long suspected that my issues are related to fat digestion and perhaps fatty liver being a main issue. but i never would have guessed going fat free would solve my sleep problems.

for any other people with insomnia issues, particularly after caffeine, it might be worth trying fat free and/or fruit only!
Cool! Any improvements with regards to bloating on this diet? I think you said, fat, especially combined with carbs, contributed to it.

Jennifer

The first time in my life that I stopped waking during the night needing to pee was when I switched to a fruitarian diet. In my case, it had eliminated lifelong hypoglycemia I was unaware I was dealing with and that was triggered by certain animal proteins. I did the diet a combined total of over 5 years and have since learned the types and amount of protein I can have without crashing my blood sugar.

Vins7

The first time in my life that I stopped waking during the night needing to pee was when I switched to a fruitarian diet. In my case, it had eliminated lifelong hypoglycemia I was unaware I was dealing with and that was triggered by certain animal proteins. I did the diet a combined total of over 5 years and have since learned the types and amount of protein I can have without crashing my blood sugar.
Did you stay in a fruitarian diet for 5 years?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Cool! Any improvements with regards to bloating on this diet? I think you said, fat, especially combined with carbs, contributed to it.
yes HUGE improvement. Bloating completely disappeared

@Jennifer could you please share a little bit more on your approach to protein intake and how you avoid crashing your blood sugar

@jet9 yes i strongly suspect now starch is also a major issue for me. its such a dramatic difference that i think it must be involved

jet9

@jet9 yes i strongly suspect now starch is also a major issue for me. its such a dramatic difference that i think it must be involved
Could you tell what your diet consist of now? What fruits / meal pattern works for you best?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Could you tell what your diet consist of now? What fruits / meal pattern works for you best?
this is my basic approach and tweaking as i go:

DAY 1:
- fruit only: sweet oranges, ripe bananas, pears, blueberries, apples, mangos - any fruit fine really
(my fruit options in germany arent that great so just any fruit is fine)
- regular salt, magnesium, b1, b3 niacinamide,

DAY 2:
same as above with addition of:
- an evening meal consisting of various: eggs, lamb or beef, hard cheese, dark chocolate, a few nuts

basically avoiding ALL starch, grains, gluten, wheat (yes i know nuts are starch)

AND REPEAT

lost 5 kilos in 10 days so far. Probably a lot of that water weight and now it might get harder to lose weight. i might change the proteinous evening meal to once every 3 days perhaps.

Vins7

DAY 1:
- fruit only: sweet oranges, ripe bananas, pears, blueberries, apples, mangos - any fruit fine really

DAY 2:
- an evening meal consisting of various: eggs, lamb or beef, hard cheese, dark chocolate, a few nuts

basically avoiding ALL starch, grains, gluten, wheat (yes i know nuts are starch)

AND REPEAT

lost 5 kilos in 10 days so far. Probably a lot of that water weight and now it might get harder to lose weight. i might change the proteinous evening meal to once every 3 days perhaps.
When you eat your proteinous evening meal, don't you eat carbs with It?

dukesbobby777

DAY 1:

DAY 2:

AND REPEAT

How does it work out ‘cost wise?’

Is it all organic? I would be paranoid about the pesticides, so I wonder how expensive it would turn out each day.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

When you eat your proteinous evening meal, don't you eat carbs with It?
no because that would be more likely to spike insulin

@dukesbobby777 yes most of the fruit is organic. bananas, pears, apples, oranges are very cheap where i am

CLASH

@ddjd
What has worked best for me has been a fruitarian/ carnivore diet. All I eat is whole fruit, dried fruit, frozen fruit, fruit juice, some vegetables and meat, seafood and fat sources. When I eat my meals I eat the fruit based foods first, then I wait about 15 minutes and I eat the meat/ seafood/ cooked vegetables/ fat based foods. As much as I first thought that the food combining rules were BS, I eventually found out through experimentation that fruit digest very fast, and it digest best by itself. Plus, too much fluids seem to hamper digestion of proteins/ fats, where they dont cause an issue for fruits.

An example meal for me is:
1) 16oz of 100% pineapple juice
2) 2.5oz of dried persimmon
3) 1 raw carrot peeled

wait 15 minutes for that to digest

4) 4oz of steak with macadmia nut oil drizzled on top. (a lot of times I also add some cooked vegetable here like cooked zucchini [technically a fruit], cooked carrots, cooked broccoli)

I've been eating this way for a few years now and have resolved alot of issues. I dont tolerate starches, grains, beans, nuts, seeds, or dairy well at all. They all leave me bloated, brain foggy, on a blood sugar roller coaster and/ or with joint pain.

Vins7

@ddjd
What has worked best for me has been a fruitarian/ carnivore diet. All I eat is whole fruit, dried fruit, frozen fruit, fruit juice, some vegetables and meat, seafood and fat sources. When I eat my meals I eat the fruit based foods first, then I wait about 15 minutes and I eat the meat/ seafood/ cooked vegetables/ fat based foods. As much as I first thought that the food combining rules were BS, I eventually found out through experimentation that fruit digest very fast, and it digest best by itself. Plus, too much fluids seem to hamper digestion of proteins/ fats, where they dont cause an issue for fruits.

3) 1 raw carrot peeled

4) 4oz of steak with macadmia nut oil drizzled on top. (a lot of times I also add some cooked vegetable here like cooked zucchini [technically a fruit], cooked carrots, cooked broccoli)

I've been eating this way for a few years now and have resolved alot of issues. I dont tolerate starches, grains, beans, nuts, seeds, or dairy well at all. They all leave me bloated, brain foggy, on a blood sugar roller coaster and/ or with joint pain.
These testimonies are really inspiring, i'm suffering if bloating too, but I think it's not a good diet (fruits and meat) for someone like me that wants to gain weight.
These diets are really satiating.
What helps me gaining weight causes me bloating and what doesn't cause me bloating doesn't help me for gaining weight.

jet9

congrats on your success!

CLASH

These testimonies are really inspiring, i'm suffering if bloating too, but I think it's not a good diet (fruits and meat) for someone like me that wants to gain weight.
These diets are really satiating.
What helps me gaining weight causes me bloating and what doesn't cause me bloating doesn't help me for gaining weight.
Your right, Its not really a great weight gaining diet. I've fluctuated from 175lbs- 195lbs, 7% body fat- 12% bodyfat for 3 years now. To get to 195lbs 12% bodyfat I had to increase my fat intake, my starchy carb intake and my calories up to over 4000 kcal/day. The other issue with the diet is if you under eat on the diet you will feel it. I have about 4- 5 hours between meals max before I'm significantly hungry again.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

@ddjd
What has worked best for me has been a fruitarian/ carnivore diet. All I eat is whole fruit, dried fruit, frozen fruit, fruit juice, some vegetables and meat, seafood and fat sources. When I eat my meals I eat the fruit based foods first, then I wait about 15 minutes and I eat the meat/ seafood/ fat based foods. As much as I first thought that the food combining rules were BS, I eventually found out through experimentation that fruit digest very fast, and it digest best by itself. Plus, too much fluids seem to hamper digestion of proteins/ fats, where they dont cause an issue for fruits.

3) 1 raw carrot peeled

thanks for this. yes maybe i need to drop the nuts but so far they don't seem to be having anywhere near a bad effect like from gluten/ wheat/ grains / potatoes etc. as i mentioned in another thread, milk is hugely allergenic and bloating for me probably because its so insulinogenic, but cheese seems to be absolutely fine.

thank god because i don't know if i could give up cheese lol and it's great for calcium. as you said before, it could be the whey protein that's my problem

tankasnowgod

DAY 1:

DAY 2:

AND REPEAT

Pretty cool.

Sounds like it's not fruitarian anymore. Did you do fruitarian for a couple weeks, then add things like beef back in?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals