Caffeine Sleep Issues

Aymen

hi everyone i,m new to the forum and this is my first post .
i saw every reply in coffee and caffeine in this forum topics causing a stress response or even making someone sleepy .. my problem is i also drink coffee with a 200 mg dose (also between 12 am and 2 pm ) and after 30 min i start feeling bad and get stressed and anxiety and insomnia and if i,m in a stressful situation i become more stressed and i feel i will die .. that was for the first month using it then i saw @haidut saying in a comment that taking caffeine with 30mg of sugar or with meal if necessarily will prevent the stress response , so i started to add honey and milk and white sugar to it and i drink it and my problem is solved but now i only still have insomnia when i drink it and it's hurting my sleep especially if i drink it in workout days ( only in leg day i drink it and i sleep normal and i workout 3-4 times a week ) and same for rest days if i drink it i have insomnia when i sleep , so my question is if coffee have many health benefits and good for androgens , and sleep ( especially REM sleep ) is important for Testosterone levels , i hesitate to choose between high quality sleep or coffee + poor sleep ? i drink it 3 times a week and now i ,m going to limit it once a week in my leg day workout with a 200-400 mg dose but i don't know if once a week is enough to get the benefits of coffee on androgens and overall health ? because i,m afraid if i continue drinking it my testosterone will go down because of my poor sleep .. thanks i hope you answer me .
PS: i don't know if i have hypothyroid or not but my hands are always cold in winter and warm when i wake up and i think my liver is optimal because i can go 6 hours between a meal and a meal without having a stress response .
@Dopamine , @Such_Saturation , @AretnaP , @Travis , @TubZy , @haidut

OP
A

Aymen

Do you drink coffee in pm?!
oh never , also 12.00 and most of the time the caffeine last 18 hours , but ofc cortisol is already elevated first thing in the morning and this is not a good time to drink it because it will elevate already the elevated cortisol.

OP
A

Aymen

Theanine Restrains The Over-stimulating Effects Of Caffeine
Perhaps theanine would help? Also if mid afternoon caffeine is interfering with your sleep at night then it could still be possible you might benefit from supporting your liver. Do you have a small balanced snack before bed?
i can't afford supplements , i also skip breakfast and it 12 am to 8 pm and workout in the middle and eat 2 big meals a day and an orange or banana before workout but after the last meal i leave 3 hours before bed to let my stomach digest the meal and i remember one day i ate yogurt with a honey 1 hour before sleep and i slept without a problem .. well it works sometimes

Blossom

Forum Supporter
i have read this thread but i don't think i have a liver problem .. thanks anyway.
That's good. Hopefully others will chime in with some other ideas for you.

sladerunner69

Occasionally I will have coffee just an hour before bed, it is not very stimulating to me anymore. Actually I could almost describe it as relaxing, after drinking coffee I can feel my cortisol sharply decline.

OP
A

Aymen

Occasionally I will have coffee just an hour before bed, it is not very stimulating to me anymore. Actually I could almost describe it as relaxing, after drinking coffee I can feel my cortisol sharply decline.
good to hear that , maybe the caffeine tolerance is real

Lurker

i have read this thread but i don't think i have a liver problem .. thanks anyway.

Are you sure? Liver glycogen storage is only one of the liver’s many many functions. I’d venture to say most people have some sort of liver issues and it’s definitely not clear exactly what optimality looks like. Caffeine stimulates phase one detox in the liver. This can be a real problem if your phase two detox can’t keep up or depletes nutrients to complete the elimination process.

And just because you can go for extended time without eating doesn’t mean you should. Running on stress hormones adrenaline and cortisol will get you by but it is depleting. Add in excercise and other life stress and it may be too much sometimes. I did the two meals a day for years sometimes adding in bulletproof coffee plus heavy lifting, under eating, work, family, etc. I completely burned myself out thinking I was invincible and now reading RPF to try to dig myself out. It all started with some random insomnia. I hope you fair better.

Salt and sugar can help with adrenaline, activated charcoal can help reduce endotoxin, lowering stress by all means is key, glycine/taurine can help with phase 2 support and help with sleep, magnesium for relaxation, and for Peat’s sake eat some breakfast at least when stress is anticipated.

OP
A

Aymen

Are you sure? Liver glycogen storage is only one of the liver’s many many functions. I’d venture to say most people have some sort of liver issues and it’s definitely not clear exactly what optimality looks like. Caffeine stimulates phase one detox in the liver. This can be a real problem if your phase two detox can’t keep up or depletes nutrients to complete the elimination process.

And just because you can go for extended time without eating doesn’t mean you should. Running on stress hormones adrenaline and cortisol will get you by but it is depleting. Add in excercise and other life stress and it may be too much sometimes. I did the two meals a day for years sometimes adding in bulletproof coffee plus heavy lifting, under eating, work, family, etc. I completely burned myself out thinking I was invincible and now reading RPF to try to dig myself out. It all started with some random insomnia. I hope you fair better.

Salt and sugar can help with adrenaline, activated charcoal can help reduce endotoxin, lowering stress by all means is key, glycine/taurine can help with phase 2 support and help with sleep, magnesium for relaxation, and for Peat’s sake eat some breakfast at least when stress is anticipated.
i started IF years ago and i eat 2 meals a day ( 16:8 IF with a fruit before workout but 2 days a week i eat every 3 hours ) and i train sometimes 3 days a week and sometimes 4 days a week, the good thing is i didn't train fasted so i didn't burn myself out but drinking coffee in workout days seems a hell for me especially the anxious feelings after a heavy workout , but most of the time i get a good quality REM sleep at night ; yesterday i got only 30 min insomnia and i slept good , maybe because i ate more sugar or drank it at 10 am .. and i use salt everyday

DaveFoster

Great info. Thanks for sharing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals