Keto Fixes My Insomnia And Caffeine Tolerance, Why?

fradon

@fradon I'd be interested in the source of your knowledge regarding these previous posts in this thread.
The reason I ask is because what you're saying matches my conclusions that I've formed through experience. Thanks in advance.
let me know what specific points. I've had to go to many sources to peice all these points togehter. This info comes from a broad search of metabolism, methylation, mineral analysis, oxidation rate and how the body makes hormones and transmitters.

You got in ketosis -> ketone bodies used for energy. acetoacetate and β-hydroxybutyrate are main types of ketones used as energy source. Hydroxybutyrate indirectly rises BDNF.

The protein brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is a member of the neurotrophin family of growth factors involved in plasticity of neurons in several brain regions. There are numerous evidence that BDNF expression is decreased by experiencing psychological stress and that, accordingly, a lack of neurotrophic support causes major depression. Furthermore, disruption in sleep homeostatic processes results in higher stress vulnerability and is often associated with stress-related mental disorders. Recently, we reported, for the first time, a relationship between BDNF and insomnia and sleep deprivation (SD). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26758201

OP
Dino D

Dino D

You got in ketosis -> ketone bodies used for energy. acetoacetate and β-hydroxybutyrate are main types of ketones used as energy source. Hydroxybutyrate indirectly rises BDNF.

The protein brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is a member of the neurotrophin family of growth factors involved in plasticity of neurons in several brain regions. There are numerous evidence that BDNF expression is decreased by experiencing psychological stress and that, accordingly, a lack of neurotrophic support causes major depression. Furthermore, disruption in sleep homeostatic processes results in higher stress vulnerability and is often associated with stress-related mental disorders. Recently, we reported, for the first time, a relationship between BDNF and insomnia and sleep deprivation (SD). BDNF in sleep, insomnia, and sleep deprivation. - PubMed - NCBI
Ok, so i will look into how to increase bdnf...

I believe I have the same form of issue as you. Im doing same research now how to get BDNF up. Niacinamide and B1 seem to rise it.

OP
Dino D

Dino D

I believe I have the same form of issue as you. Im doing same research now how to get BDNF up. Niacinamide and B1 seem to rise it.
Excercise, fasting, meditation... have you tried focusing on the liver... so, high protein, enough sugar and some saturated fat, cofeine (not coffee) k2, and taurine... and other stuff for liver... i have many ideas... firstly i will start with a simple diet that doea not affect my digeation... (fish, chicken, 1-2eggs, a bit coconout, potatoes, a little rice, some sugar) then slovly add other food... but could all of this be just from a bad liver (and like always the a bad gut, mineral imbalances related to iron and so on), but first liver and have you tried focusing on it?

OP
Dino D

Dino D

Is bdnf the answer here, did you found out?
I still can sleep only on low carb / keto...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals