Re-occuring Insomnia

Happycat

Hmm, maybe we are on to something here thanks to @marcar72 , I suspected it might be vitD supplementation, although I only take 2000IU/day.
Every time I took it my sleep deteriorated, but I keep reading how good it is to have optimal vitD levels so I keep going back to it.
My level was tested at 52 and apparently thats the low end of normal, but maybe my body can't properly process this vitamin D3 I keep pushing into it.

@Peater I am getting some calcium from my diet, I am guessing around 500mg/day and I sometimes supplement with another 600mg as calcium carbonate.

OP
Hirri

Hirri

Hmm, maybe we are on to something here thanks to @marcar72 , I suspected it might be vitD supplementation, although I only take 2000IU/day.
Every time I took it my sleep deteriorated, but I keep reading how good it is to have optimal vitD levels so I keep going back to it.
My level was tested at 52 and apparently thats the low end of normal, but maybe my body can't properly process this vitamin D3 I keep pushing into it.

That's almost identical to my situation! I too have been taking 2000 IU daily for a couple of last weeks because after I got my results 59 I thought I must take it, because it's below 70, that's what doctor told me. But interesting thing that after summer it was 59 and after winter in March it was also 57 :D It means that it's stable despite of the sun (I live were winters are long and dark). I get it all from food.
I cannot believe it might be that simple, but I am quitting from tomorrow and will see.

Peater

Sorry, I misunderstood your post. Thought you were touting your D3 supplementation. My bad!! :confused:

No worries mate I could see it was a misunderstanding. You were quite polite considering what you thought I meant :D

OP
Hirri

Hirri

I stopped vitamin D two days ago and I slept so much better!

@Hirri how are you doing?

I am glad to hear that you slept better. I stopped vitamin D two days ago as well and one night I slept amazingly but tonight I had a hard time falling asleep until 1 am (which is still good comparing to 2-4 am :D). But I felt sleepy and calm, so definitely ditching vitamin D helped. It's just I have loud neighbors who are sleeping later and I hear their steps and it makes me anxious. So I am thinking now on the top of making me calm from the inside, maybe I should change the environment too, just haven't decided if I'd rather rent more quiet apartment or invest into CBT for learning to sleep with those sounds.

Happycat

Can you get some ear plugs? I use them every night, even though I live in a quiet area.

I wonder why vit D interferes so much with our sleep? There is one study out there that found out vitamin D can lower melatonin levels, could that be the only reason?

OP
Hirri

Hirri

Can you get some ear plugs? I use them every night, even though I live in a quiet area.

I use them and they help a lot but I also "feel" those steps, it's like vibrations. I am very very sensitive. I wish there was something to make me less sensitive. My husband can sleep when I vacuum the floor :D

I wonder why vit D interferes so much with our sleep? There is one study out there that found out vitamin D can lower melatonin levels, could that be the only reason?

I read that too. I always thought that taking it early in the day would prevent this (I took it first thing in the morning), but apparently not.

ddjd

Korven

Korven

Though I'm not sure Morley's approach is so great... he looks a little yellow and ehm... ghoulish? Though to be fair I don't know his health story, or how old he is. Maybe he is 95 years old?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals