Low Toxin Testimonials From Hypertension to Liberation: How Mag-Ka Spray Changed My Life

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
Hello everyone,

I began experiencing extremely high blood pressure shortly after starting the Ray Peat diet, and I struggled to find a solution. For those unaware, excessive calcium can lead to high blood pressure, posing a serious risk of heart attacks, which I often felt. Fearful of exacerbating my condition, I refrained from exercise, and sleepless nights due to insomnia only worsened my blood pressure, creating a distressing cycle.

Thankfully, my situation improved rapidly when I started using @charlie's Mag-Ka spray. Here's the recipe:

For every cup of spirit alcohol (I used distilled 40% vodka, avoiding rubbing alcohol), mix:

- 2 cups of magnesium chloride flakes
- 1 tablespoon of potassium chloride
- 1/8 cup of water

After mixing the alcohol and magnesium chloride with a hand blender, add the potassium chloride and water, ensuring thorough mixing. Transfer the blend into a spray bottle for convenient use.

Personally, I find pouring the solution into my hand first and then onto my skin to be more effective and avoids the spray getting onto the floor. Other magnesium forms, like topical DMSO, proved unpleasant, causing skin irritation and yielding minimal results when taken orally.

While some may find this controversial, I applied the spray every two to four hours, noticing gradual improvements after each use. My hypertension, developed on the RP diet and endured for a year and a half, nearly vanished within two days of consistent application. Though I occasionally experience symptoms, particularly during stressful episodes like insomnia, they pale in comparison to previous experiences.

Based on my overwhelmingly positive experience with the Mag-Ka spray recommended by @charlie, Dr. Garrett Smith, and the Low-Toxin community, I wholeheartedly recommend it. Don't hesitate to gather the ingredients and give it a try.

Last edited:

Korven

What exactly do you mean by the "Ray Peat diet"? Ray never recommended a cookie cutter diet that works for everyone. Also do you have any evidence that calcium leads to high blood pressure? For me personally getting adequate calcium has helped a lot with my sleep and ability to relax.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that you resolved your high blood pressure using a topical magnesium and potassium spray, but the way you phrased this post it sounds like you are blaming Ray Peat for your own mistakes.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Fantastic! Another person saved from the destructive elements of the Ray Peat diet! Me and @Blossom both got extremely high blood pressure from the Ray Peat diet suggestions. We are both doing fine now thanks to pulling out of that toxic mess. There is a person in the Facebook groups right now who's blood pressure is constantly rising from the Ray Peat dietary suggestions and you should see the cope in that thread, mental gymnastics everywhere.
Gymnastics GIF

Dutchie

Why the alcohol? I planned, for a while now🙄, to make a magnesium -potassium solution (though eyeballed) myself, but just with RO water no alcohol.

Jayvee

Hello everyone,

I began experiencing extremely high blood pressure shortly after starting the Ray Peat diet, and I struggled to find a solution. For those unaware, excessive calcium can lead to high blood pressure, posing a serious risk of heart attacks, which I often felt. Fearful of exacerbating my condition, I refrained from exercise, and sleepless nights due to insomnia only worsened my blood pressure, creating a distressing cycle.

Thankfully, my situation improved rapidly when I started using @charlie's Mag-Ka spray. Here's the recipe:

For every cup of spirit alcohol (I used distilled 40% vodka, avoiding rubbing alcohol), mix:

- 2 cups of magnesium chloride flakes
- 1 tablespoon of potassium chloride
- 1/8 cup of water

After mixing the alcohol and magnesium chloride with a hand blender, add the potassium chloride and water, ensuring thorough mixing. Transfer the blend into a spray bottle for convenient use.

Personally, I find pouring the solution into my hand first and then onto my skin to be more effective and avoids the spray getting onto the floor. Other magnesium forms, like topical DMSO, proved unpleasant, causing skin irritation and yielding minimal results when taken orally.

While some may find this controversial, I applied the spray every two to four hours, noticing gradual improvements after each use. My hypertension, developed on the RP diet and endured for a year and a half, nearly vanished within two days of consistent application. Though I occasionally experience symptoms, particularly during stressful episodes like insomnia, they pale in comparison to previous experiences.

Based on my overwhelmingly positive experience with the Mag-Ka spray recommended by @charlie, Dr. Garrett Smith, and the Low-Toxin community, I wholeheartedly recommend it. Don't hesitate to gather the ingredients and give it a try.

What did your diet look like? And what is it like now? I think this would be really helpful information. Glad your hypertension has gone!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
S

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
@Korven

It's so disingenuous when people say that there's "no Ray Peat diet," even though we all know EXACTLY which foods he recommended, like milk, cheese, eggs, liver, orange juice, sugar, oysters, coffee, etc.

mosaic01

It's so disingenuous when people say that there's "no Ray Peat diet," even though we all know EXACTLY which foods he recommended, like milk, cheese, eggs, liver, orange juice, sugar, oysters, coffee, etc.

Indeed. It's just a convenient excuse.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Dave Clark

This recipe is just the Magahol recipe with potassium added. So, is the potassium added just for hypertension reasons, or is there some other benefit to the muscles, etc.?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This recipe is just the Magahol recipe with potassium added. So, is the potassium added just for hypertension reasons, or is there some other benefit to the muscles, etc.?
Well magnesium pulls on potassium stores so it is good to balance them. And most people are deficient of potassium due to their toxicities.

Deadpool

I had the exact same experience. Magnesium and potassium chloride really help with my blood pressure which also started and got worse and worse on the Ray peat diet

Jayvee

@Korven

Not fully defending it because I'm starting to think differently but my diet is 'Ray Peat inspired' and it doesn't include Milk, Cheese, orange Juice, Sugar or coffee. I think those foods were chosen because they were high in 'nutrients' and easily come by, I think if the food supply was different to the western world he would probably chose different foods. Also they aren't recommendations as such, it's one point Mike made in his recent video that I actually agree with. I think the aim of the game is still to get adequate nutrients and calories. I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I think it would be very 'perceive think act' to look at things more open minded. Even the low carb sphere has good things about it.

DanDare

Forum Supporter
@Korven

Exactly. I knew I'd be these foods.

I was buying acid especially to remove limescale build up in my toilet while following the 1 to 2 litres of milk a day, all while my facial hair rapidly turned white. I have my own toilet and tend to not flush unless it is a no. 2.

Now off the 'Ray Peat diet' and my limescale isn't an issue anymore. Funny that. Must have been eliminating tonnes of excess calcium.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

DanDare

Forum Supporter
I used to know a website that had looked at the whole dairy consumption and osteoporosis and he showed with good data how it either didn't help or it was harmful. It always comes to mind when people such as Ray make these calcium claims. Anyone know it?

@charlie thanks for whistleblowing Peaters on high calcium, copper and of course vitamin A, you have a bigger picture on what was happening than most and we needed it.

P.s Ray Peat liked magnesium but said orange juice is a good source of magnesium, but it really isn't, I always thought that was odd. I mean one glass provides 6% RDA of magnesium, what a joke if I have to drink 17 glasses of orange juice a day.

Makrosky

@Korven

I firmly believe (and I have been saying this since the very beginning and nobody cared) that the so called "RP diet" was never a Ray's idea. And that it was a very bad idea. No matter how many quotes or emails you want to throw to support that point.

What Ray did was general recommendations, favoring/unfavoring certain foods, etc. That never meant your diet should consist of oysters and milk. Or OJ and collagen. Or Cheese and Potatoes. Or 2 gallons of icecream x day, etc.

During the last 6-8 years, he might even have been pushed by a constant stream of emails and interviews from ppl here and Danny and his followers to provide some degree of extreme advice because... you know... you don't live isolated from the people you regularly communicate with.

But those were not his original ideas nor advice. Only exception would be PUFA. And even then, mostly it was all against vegetable oils (canola, linoil, etc.).

The so called "RP diet" was an echo-chambered fabrication of this forum.

And I see the same trend now with the low VitA diet. I honestly hope I am wrong, as I would like to hear others getting well.

Extremes are never good. Only sometimes short-term to correct something. Period.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals