Fixed My Frequent Urination that Disturbs Sleep, But Many Questions Remain

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I'm not sure it will be totally on topic but you might find these ideas interesting:
Your post has become more relevant.

I'm now having difficulty reading my blood pressure, having error messages 1 and 3 with my bp monitor. And before this, there were more frequent instances of my bp monitor detecting arrhythmia. And now when I check my pulse, it is more faint and weak, and this is confirmed by readings of my perfusion index taken with my oximeter. The perfusion index is now at 1.5, which would be far lower than the usual 6-11 range I had been seeing. The perfusion index (PI), I think, quantifies the qualitative descriptors of pulse of weak to strong and the range would be from 0 to 20%. It is the ratio of pulsatile flow of non-pulsatile flow. Pulsatile flow I think is also the blood flow attributed to the pumping of blood by the heart and 20% seems to be the maximum contribution of the heart to the total blood flow, which would mean that blood flow is not all generated by the heart. When the PI is 0.2% or lower, the person's heart is in such a bad state that the spO2 readings taken with the oximeter can no longer be used as a reliable indicator of oxygen saturation.

So, my guess now is that perhaps my month-long use of 30 ppm chloride dioxide at a liter of 30 ppm concentration per day may have caused enough disruption of the plaque along with attendant inflammation, and perhaps it may have released plenty of particles that maybe plenty of protein particles have kind of salted out, and that the increased detection of arrhythmia may be the result of the loss of a good seal in the vents of the heart causing it to pump weak. This is similar to what happens when one attempts to use sludge removers on old car engines where the removed sludges causes the cylinders to leak oil and the engine loses compression in each stroke because pressure is being lost through the leaks.

I'm of course guessing right now and hope I'm on the right track with this. So I'm going to have to deal with perceived problem first. i used copper aspirinate yesterday but it gave me diarrhea, and after taking 2 scoops of AC yesterday, it stil hasn't gone and I'm now using a Japanese pill to deal with the diarrhea. Meanwhile, I'm making myself a solution to improve the zeta potential of my blood composed largely of potassium citrate.

And then observe for improvements. I may go and get an ECG later to get a better measure of what's going on.

TibRex

I barely ever get up to pee now that my vitamin D levels are normal. Earlier this year I was getting up three or four times a night. It was horrible. Of course, I can’t be 100% certain of the causality here - but vitamin D is the only thing I’ve been supplementing. It’s the only change I have made.
Thanks for the tip on Vit D. How much do you dose daily?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Your post has become more relevant.

I'm now having difficulty reading my blood pressure, having error messages 1 and 3 with my bp monitor. And before this, there were more frequent instances of my bp monitor detecting arrhythmia. And now when I check my pulse, it is more faint and weak, and this is confirmed by readings of my perfusion index taken with my oximeter. The perfusion index is now at 1.5, which would be far lower than the usual 6-11 range I had been seeing. The perfusion index (PI), I think, quantifies the qualitative descriptors of pulse of weak to strong and the range would be from 0 to 20%. It is the ratio of pulsatile flow of non-pulsatile flow. Pulsatile flow I think is also the blood flow attributed to the pumping of blood by the heart and 20% seems to be the maximum contribution of the heart to the total blood flow, which would mean that blood flow is not all generated by the heart. When the PI is 0.2% or lower, the person's heart is in such a bad state that the spO2 readings taken with the oximeter can no longer be used as a reliable indicator of oxygen saturation.

So, my guess now is that perhaps my month-long use of 30 ppm chloride dioxide at a liter of 30 ppm concentration per day may have caused enough disruption of the plaque along with attendant inflammation, and perhaps it may have released plenty of particles that maybe plenty of protein particles have kind of salted out, and that the increased detection of arrhythmia may be the result of the loss of a good seal in the vents of the heart causing it to pump weak. This is similar to what happens when one attempts to use sludge removers on old car engines where the removed sludges causes the cylinders to leak oil and the engine loses compression in each stroke because pressure is being lost through the leaks.

I'm of course guessing right now and hope I'm on the right track with this. So I'm going to have to deal with perceived problem first. i used copper aspirinate yesterday but it gave me diarrhea, and after taking 2 scoops of AC yesterday, it stil hasn't gone and I'm now using a Japanese pill to deal with the diarrhea. Meanwhile, I'm making myself a solution to improve the zeta potential of my blood composed largely of potassium citrate.

And then observe for improvements. I may go and get an ECG later to get a better measure of what's going on.
@LLight

Amazing turnaround, or maybe it was much ado for nothing!

I took an aspirin, or maybe it was the cookies and coffee? Nah, it must be the 325mg aspirin.

Or maybe I went through an inflection point and the body self-corrected.

As now everything is back to normal, if not better. While my urination stayed steady, while i was able to get readings again of my blood pressure. And my blood pressure continues to go down.

Maybe I should include a daily aspirin as part of my protocol.

LLight

@LLight

Amazing turnaround, or maybe it was much ado for nothing!

I took an aspirin, or maybe it was the cookies and coffee? Nah, it must be the 325mg aspirin.

Or maybe I went through an inflection point and the body self-corrected.

As now everything is back to normal, if not better. While my urination stayed steady, while i was able to get readings again of my blood pressure. And my blood pressure continues to go down.

Maybe I should include a daily aspirin as part of my protocol.

I'm glad to hear aspirine might have helped you and that your blood pressure continues to lower ?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Duplicate

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

I'm glad to hear aspirine might have helped you and that your blood pressure continues to lower ?
Thanks, but wait!

I noticed that lately I've began to sneeze again. So I tested my urine pH, and just as I suspected, my aicd-base balance has turned acidic. It is at 5.5, where 6 weeks ago, around when I started using chlorine dioxide, it was at 6.5, in optimal range.

Yet it baffles me that even in my acidic condition, I was not urinating so much. So, I had to think this over for a while, and I can only come up with a guess.

The chlorine dioxide sure took care of the infection, and there may not be as much phagocytosis going on, and not much water was being produced as a by-product of it, but the increase in chlorine probably produced a lot of spillover ROS oxidative stress, and required a lot of anti-oxidant activity to neutralize the oxidative stress. And this probably resulted in plenty of acid by-products?

Just a guess. Perhaps by replacing chlorine dioxide supplementation with iodide supplementation, there would be less inflammatory effect and therefore less anti-oxidant activity to quell it, and perhaps less acidic by-products as well?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

And one more thing about iodide:

“Endotoxin, produced by bacteria, mainly in the intestine, disrupts energy production, and promotes maladaptive inflammation. The wide spectrum of benefit that iodide has, especially in diseases with an inflammatory component, suggests first that it protects tissue by blocking free radical damage, but it also suggests the possibility that it might specifically protect against endotoxin.”

from Ray Peat, PhD on Endotoxin – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

@Jam I will soon find out how if the SSKI will also help with the inflammatory component causing my high blood pressure.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Then, supplementing with anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and bioenergetic-supporting quinone-based herbs was what finally put me in complete remission from the long-term collateral damage that had been silently accumulating in my joints for years: Chaparral (NDGA (Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid)), Lapacho (Lapachol and Beta-lapachone), and Cascara Sagrada / He Shou Wu (Emodin), completely eliminated the rheumatoid arthritis-like symptoms I have been suffering from since my periodontal disease exploded in 2012.
What doses did you use and for how long did you use them? Also what specific brands did you use?

Jam

What doses did you use and for how long did you use them? Also what specific brands did you use?
Morning: 1x500mg Arizona Naturals Chaparral + 1x500mg Now Foods Pau D'Arco 20 minutes before breakfast.
Lunch: 1x500mg Arizona Naturals Chaparral + 1x500mg Now Foods Pau D'Arco 20 minutes before lunch.
Afternoon: 1/4 teaspoon (roughly 500mg) of high quality Pau D'Arco powder purchased locally + 1/2 teaspoon Na'vi Organics He Shou Wu powder in coffee.
Before bed: 1/4 teaspoon of high quality powder purchased locally or 1 capsule (Now Foods or Health Leads UK) of Cascara Sagrada.

Been on this regimen (besides a weekly dose of 150mg KI, these are all the herbs/supplements I take) for close to 3 months. Relief was immediate upon first dose, and the various chronic joint pains were mostly gone after just a few days, never to return.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter
Morning: 1x500mg Arizona Naturals Chaparral + 1x500mg Now Foods Pau D'Arco 20 minutes before breakfast.
Lunch: 1x500mg Arizona Naturals Chaparral + 1x500mg Now Foods Pau D'Arco 20 minutes before lunch.
Afternoon: 1/4 teaspoon (roughly 500mg) of high quality Pau D'Arco powder purchased locally + 1/2 teaspoon Na'vi Organics He Shou Wu powder in coffee.
Before bed: 1/4 teaspoon of high quality powder purchased locally or 1 capsule (Now Foods or Health Leads UK) of Cascara Sagrada.

Been on this regimen (besides a weekly dose of 150mg KI, these are all the herbs/supplements I take) for close to 3 months. Relief was immediate upon first dose, and the various chronic joint pains were mostly gone after just a few days, never to return.
Thanks for elaborating.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Just wanted to share my observations as relating to my attempts to lower my high blood. Thee observations are very context-specific and so cannot be said to apply to other contexts, but I'm putting it on record so it may be used to form a pattern from observations from other forum members.

There is an infection component and an inflammatory component, as I mentioned in the original post.

The high blood pressure seems to be more related to the inflammation component than to the infection component.

In my case, the infection is bacteria coming from either my periodontal gum issue or from bacteria in the plaque of my blood vessels. The inflammation is from immune complexres (ICs) that accumulate in my kidneys, likely in the glomerular capillaries. When I try to lyse plaque from my blood vessels, both bacteria and ICs get released, and I experience not only higher blood pressure, but also poor blood sugar regulation, arthritis pains in my knees and hips, and it also activates my seborrheic dermatitis condition; it also increases my urine production. And my urine also gets to foam more.

When the planktonic bacteria (bacteria in the blood and not in the biofilm in plaque) increases, I experience all of the above except urine foaming and higher blood pressure. The increased infection causes a lot of urination as it seems the immune system is actively killing the bacteria, and in the process is producing a lot of water as a result, and this gets excreted as urine. When I take antibiotics - be it pharma or non-pharma, it takes the load off the immune system, and I experience less urination. I also experience less of arthritis, seborrheic dermatitis, and my blood sugar condition improves (not immediately though, but i have observed the improvement).

When the inflammation from the ICs in my kidneys are activated, I experience higher blood pressure and my urine also tends to foam a lot more. I sense that the foaming is due to albumin, an anti-oxidant, being oxidized, and oxidized albumin gets excreted and this shows up as foam. As albumin is used, my serum albumin become low, and this causes low blood volume. Lower blood volume leads to the body compensating by increasing the pressure (thru the kidneys' RAAS- renin aldosterone-angiotension system).

My use of chlorine dioxide was successful in killing bacteria, leading to reduction or elimination of symptoms of infection I mentioned. But it increased my blood pressure and did not eliminate urine foam. This leads me to believe that the chlorine intake is leading to an increased inflammatory response. So now I'm following Jam's advice in taking SSKI (supersaturated potassium iodide) to increase iodine so that the neutrophils' MPO (myeloperoxidase) would use iodine instead of chlorine in the respiratory burst of phagocytosis, creating the ROS HOI instead of HOCl, and this would lessen the inflammation response. With less inflammation, there would be less oxidative stress created, and less anti-oxidant activity would be needed to quell it. This would lead to less albumin usage for anti-oxidation, and my blood volume would increase as more albumin begets more salt retention, and more salt retention leads to more water being attracted to blood plasma from the extracellular fluids. With high blood volume, less pressure is needed and my blood pressure would be lowered. There would also be less foaming in my urine as less oxidized albumin would be excreted.

I'll observe just using SSKI for a while and see the medium-term effect. I expect that blood pressure would go down, and foaming reduced, but I may experience the signs of more immune system activity on the infection - so urination may increase, together with other symptoms associated with it. I may then start taking hydrogen peroxide orally for its O2, as it was the O2 component of chlorine dioxide that was killing the bacteria when I was using chlorine dioxide.

So that's my plan of action for now. Wish me luck on this!

Jam

Just wanted to share my observations as relating to my attempts to lower my high blood. Thee observations are very context-specific and so cannot be said to apply to other contexts, but I'm putting it on record so it may be used to form a pattern from observations from other forum members.

There is an infection component and an inflammatory component, as I mentioned in the original post.

The high blood pressure seems to be more related to the inflammation component than to the infection component.

In my case, the infection is bacteria coming from either my periodontal gum issue or from bacteria in the plaque of my blood vessels. The inflammation is from immune complexres (ICs) that accumulate in my kidneys, likely in the glomerular capillaries. When I try to lyse plaque from my blood vessels, both bacteria and ICs get released, and I experience not only higher blood pressure, but also poor blood sugar regulation, arthritis pains in my knees and hips, and it also activates my seborrheic dermatitis condition; it also increases my urine production. And my urine also gets to foam more.

When the planktonic bacteria (bacteria in the blood and not in the biofilm in plaque) increases, I experience all of the above except urine foaming and higher blood pressure. The increased infection causes a lot of urination as it seems the immune system is actively killing the bacteria, and in the process is producing a lot of water as a result, and this gets excreted as urine. When I take antibiotics - be it pharma or non-pharma, it takes the load off the immune system, and I experience less urination. I also experience less of arthritis, seborrheic dermatitis, and my blood sugar condition improves (not immediately though, but i have observed the improvement).

When the inflammation from the ICs in my kidneys are activated, I experience higher blood pressure and my urine also tends to foam a lot more. I sense that the foaming is due to albumin, an anti-oxidant, being oxidized, and oxidized albumin gets excreted and this shows up as foam. As albumin is used, my serum albumin become low, and this causes low blood volume. Lower blood volume leads to the body compensating by increasing the pressure (thru the kidneys' RAAS- renin aldosterone-angiotension system).

My use of chlorine dioxide was successful in killing bacteria, leading to reduction or elimination of symptoms of infection I mentioned. But it increased my blood pressure and did not eliminate urine foam. This leads me to believe that the chlorine intake is leading to an increased inflammatory response. So now I'm following Jam's advice in taking SSKI (supersaturated potassium iodide) to increase iodine so that the neutrophils' MPO (myeloperoxidase) would use iodine instead of chlorine in the respiratory burst of phagocytosis, creating the ROS HOI instead of HOCl, and this would lessen the inflammation response. With less inflammation, there would be less oxidative stress created, and less anti-oxidant activity would be needed to quell it. This would lead to less albumin usage for anti-oxidation, and my blood volume would increase as more albumin begets more salt retention, and more salt retention leads to more water being attracted to blood plasma from the extracellular fluids. With high blood volume, less pressure is needed and my blood pressure would be lowered. There would also be less foaming in my urine as less oxidized albumin would be excreted.

I'll observe just using SSKI for a while and see the medium-term effect. I expect that blood pressure would go down, and foaming reduced, but I may experience the signs of more immune system activity on the infection - so urination may increase, together with other symptoms associated with it. I may then start taking hydrogen peroxide orally for its O2, as it was the O2 component of chlorine dioxide that was killing the bacteria when I was using chlorine dioxide.

So that's my plan of action for now. Wish me luck on this!
Just wanted to mention that I also ingested quite a lot (up to 200mg daily) of Lugol's in the beginning, which in addition to KI also has a fair quantity of I2 (elemental iodine) which, paradoxically, in "high" dosages is a powerful antioxidant, exerting a 10 or 50-fold greater antioxidant action than ascorbic acid or KI, respectively.

I think that when supplementing with KI alone, as opposed to Lugol's, success will depend on your body's ability to 1) absorb the I-, and 2) convert (oxidize) the I- to I2, as most of the anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and antioxidant properties of iodine seem to come from the elemental form.

Jam

(I also think it wise to avoid supplementing with antioxidants such as ascorbic acid while on the iodine, as they will reduce any I2 they encounter. I know the "iodine protocol" instructs to supplement with extra ascorbic acid (away from the I2, to avoid having it reduced to I-), but I personally would avoid it altogether, unless perhaps your sodium-iodide symporters are known for a fact to not function correctly. I follow Peat regarding ascorbic acid. Not a fan. Eat some oranges instead.)

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

Just wanted to mention that I also ingested quite a lot (up to 200mg daily) of Lugol's in the beginning, which in addition to KI also has a fair quantity of I2 (elemental iodine) which, paradoxically, in "high" dosages is a powerful antioxidant, exerting a 10 or 50-fold greater antioxidant action than ascorbic acid or KI, respectively.

I think that when supplementing with KI alone, as opposed to Lugol's, success will depend on your body's ability to 1) absorb the I-, and 2) convert (oxidize) the I- to I2, as most of the anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and antioxidant properties of iodine seem to come from the elemental form.
Thanks. Did you mean "molecular form" instead of "elemental form?"

(I also think it wise to avoid supplementing with antioxidants such as ascorbic acid while on the iodine, as they will reduce any I2 they encounter. I know the "iodine protocol" instructs to supplement with extra ascorbic acid (away from the I2, to avoid having it reduced to I-), but I personally would avoid it altogether, unless perhaps your sodium-iodide symporters are known for a fact to not function correctly. I follow Peat regarding ascorbic acid. Not a fan. Eat some oranges instead.)
Yes, I'm still staying away from vitamin C. If I get some, I'll get it on off days, but I've not come to that.

I'm monitoring my urine pH as it's acidic now and I still sneeze. I've found sneezing to be a good sign that my acid-base balance is off-kilter. I don't know if it has to do with my pulse being weak when I wake up in the morning. When it's weak, as confirmed by a low perfusion index of less than 2, my blood pressure monitor would give error messages- 1 being unable to detect systolic, and 3 that I'm moving a lot although I'm staying still. Perhaps the acidic state is just messing with the flow of calcium in and out of the heart muscle cells, and the ionic gradient needed to pump the heart efficiently is not there. As I understand it, calcium has to go in and out of the cell to effect the contraction cycle of muscle cells.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

After thinking about why I became acidic, I've crossed off some possible causes-

poor sugar metabolism - I've not had episodes of running into low blood sugar. I would feel hunger, low energy during the day, and not having a good night rest.

periodontal infection - in control with chlorine dioxide I'd been taking as well as the lugol-iodine-based mouthwash; but there's still a slight chance it's not under control

inflammation in my kidneys - it's been around for awhile but it's not kept me from having good acid-base balance as tested my urine pH in the past

taking supplements and medication that would be an acidic load - not possible as I'm taking many supps and no medication, and the supps I've been taking aren't acidic loads

So, the most likely cause is the frequent urination over some time that led to the excretion of many electrolytes. In a hypertensive condition, the most likely electrolyte being lost is potassium. The electrolytes serve as buffers to keep acid-base balance more easily regulated, to keep it from fluctuating heavily. But of course bicarbonate does most of the heavy lifting in acid-base balance regulation as the electrolytes' role, along with ammonium is to act as the cation to pair with acidic anions such as chloride, sulfate, lactate to enable the removal of acid from the ecf. It's not possible to excrete HCl or H2SO4, for example, as it's too acidic and it can't pass thru the kidneys. So the H+ gets substituted by K+ and KCl can be excreted thru the kidneys because KCl is much less acidic.

So I'm going to take 3000mg of potassium daily for a week, and will check back on my urine pH in a week's time.

p.s. I've been taking 500mg b1 lately, so it's not possible I'm deficient in b1, which is excreted heavily with increased urination.

Also, I'm experiencing cramps at night also. So definitely, potassium is lacking for sure.

Last edited:

Seven

That's a good interview. Thanks Jam!
Thanks for starting this thread, yerrag. I have a frequent urination problem that has been giving me restless nights for years. My doctor hasn't gotten to the bottom of it and I wrote it off as prostate related. Your comments and those of others give me some hope.

firebreather

When I look up chlorine dioxide all I see is pool treatment stuff? Is that what you're talking about?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Thanks for starting this thread, yerrag. I have a frequent urination problem that has been giving me restless nights for years. My doctor hasn't gotten to the bottom of it and I wrote it off as prostate related. Your comments and those of others give me some hope.
Yeah, people keep saying prostate. Then you take a prostate test and the test has a high level of specificity and low level of sensitivity. Meaning, when negative, it's likely correct. But when positive, it's largely wrong.

So, you may not have a prostate problem and there is another cause, but you're led this rabbit hole of having to treat your prostate. Things go downhill after that for most people.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Protocol from Jan 6-11:

SSKI- 150mg (3 drops) - twice a day
k2-Mk7- 250mg - once a day
Aspirin- 325mg - once a day
Selenomethionine 200mg- 3x/week
Astragalus (4x potency) concentrate 2g - 3x/day
Potassium Bicarbonte 1500mg - once a day
Magnesium Bicarbonate 200mg - once a day
Gargling with 100ppm Lugol's Soln- 4x/day

Short notes on what I observed:

Less urination, less foaming of urine
occasional low blood sugar with high adrenaline feeling from near teary eyes
periodontal abscess getting smaller
blood pressure ranges from no change to large drop, former happens in the am, latter in the pm
temps seems to stay the same with temps at 37C daytime, near bedtime drops to 36.8, wakeup temp at 36.5

Detail:

Urination. Affected more by intake of potassium bicarb (would wake up more often to pee when not taking kbicarb; urine pH would become acidic when not taking it). The acidic acidic ecf condition resulted likely from my a recent 40-day high chlorine dioxide dosing (90 ppm ClO2 at 1 ltr/day = 30mg/day). This seemed to result in higher inflammation and higher acid production.

Foaming. Less foaming. Larger bubbles instead of beer foamy bubbles, indicating less albumin excretion as albumin has higher surface tension and wouldn't form large bubbles. The larger the bubbles, the more quickly it disappears.

Low blood sugar. Likely from low potassium stores from past year's and off struggle with high urination, which depleted my potassium stores. Low potassium inhibits absorption of sugar from blood and leads to poor sugar metabolism and erratic energy production, and leads to an erratic supply of energy to the liver, and interrupts the constant production of T3 from T4 by the liver, and would push sugar metabolism towards glycolytic energy production instead of oxidative metabolism. As a result, more lactic acid production would result, and more acidic ecf.

Periodontal Abscess. Not yet disappearing but much smaller.Occasional pain when I use my Waterpik on the tooth. White tongue is slowly turning more red. An observation by my sister, who is a stickler on tongue color.

Blood pressure. Goes from high to low from morning to night. When high, it's as high as before, and when low, it's a significant improvement. Attribute variation to the timing of my intake of potassium bicarb and magnesium bicarb. Plan to double intakes of these by adding a dose at night. Having an optimal acid-base balance while sleeping also makes me sleep better. So, instead of 1500 mg K/day taken in one dose in the am, will be taking 1500 mg 2x/day, am and pm.

Temperature. Holding on to normal temps. My intake of SSKI has been very conservative. Not yet increasing it but open to doing so in the near future.

Comparison of BP under different protocols taken lately (in chronological order):

Chlorine Dioxide: 216/146
Urea: 200/136
Urea/Chlorine Dioxide/Astragalus: 211/145
Methylene Blue/Astragalus: 198/137
SSKI/k2mk7/Astragalus/Aspirin/Kbicarb/Magbicarb: 202/130

Change for the 2nd week (now):

Double K from 1500 to 3000mg/day
Add methylene blue 1200 mcg 2x/day dosage.

On order: Urea, flaxseed and diatomaceous earth. For use in the near future.

Last edited: