Magnesium/potassium causing issues

petal

Hi there, long time lurker first time poster. I tried to do an introduction post many times several months ago but it would never post.

Anyway, I was wondering if someone could shed some light on something that’s been going on with me. I have very low potassium & sodium, and high magnesium according to my htma. I also can see this is true because when I have tried to supplement even the tiniest amount of magnesium (bicarb) in the past, I get a huge blood pressure crash to the point of fainting/unable to stand etc, and the only thing that helps is potassium in the form of pinches of cream of tartar or pounding coconut water. And salt. So I have been for about 6 months now, doing a lot of coconut water daily and additional salt in my diet without any magnesium supplementation. This thing keeps happening where I get the most insane headaches that start in the back of my neck. They have gotten so bad I can’t keep my head up. The only thing that helps is to take some magnesium, so I will take an absolutely tiny amount, like 1/16th of a tsp dissolved in a cup of water then I have a sip or two, and it makes me irritable, anxious, gives me insomnia and low blood pressure, but it takes the pain away within minutes of having it.

I am at a bit of a loss. It all feels very damned if I do, damned if I don’t, and I would love any suggestions as to what could be going on or what I might be able to do to manage these unpleasant symptoms while still trying to support my very low minerals.

PS I have extremely high uranium on my htma as well— related?

Thanks so much in advance!

InChristAlone

It's the typical slow oxidizer slow metabolism pattern. I had high calcium mag and lowish potassium normal sodium when I was going through something similar. I think I was high histamine, the way I got better was using vit C, cheese, starches with salt, bananas for the potassium and B6, and one serving of meat a day. I wasn't completely cured but I was definitely better off and not having as much issue with low blood pressure histamine like reactions. I now take mag chloride on my skin before bed without much problem though I suspect my mag is high again after a few yrs of doing this. I needed the mag like you said for pain. I was clenching my teeth are night causing TMJ muscle spasms. I don't have TMJ problems anymore so I may go off the mag again.

OP
P

petal

It's the typical slow oxidizer slow metabolism pattern. I had high calcium mag and lowish potassium normal sodium when I was going through something similar. I think I was high histamine, the way I got better was using vit C, cheese, starches with salt, bananas for the potassium and B6, and one serving of meat a day. I wasn't completely cured but I was definitely better off and not having as much issue with low blood pressure histamine like reactions. I now take mag chloride on my skin before bed without much problem though I suspect my mag is high again after a few yrs of doing this. I needed the mag like you said for pain. I was clenching my teeth are night causing TMJ muscle spasms. I don't have TMJ problems anymore so I may go off the mag again.
Thank you SO so much!! I definitely have high histamine issues as well, I didn't know this would be related!

frannybananny

Thank you SO so much!! I definitely have high histamine issues as well, I didn't know this would be related!
When I have low potassium issues (which I had for years) which includes twitching eye , no mag does not help it, and sometimes intermittent skipped heart beats, I take 1/2 over the counter potassium supp. This clears both problems overnight and lasts for weeks. For the pain in the back of the neck you could use either the instant pain relief CBD cream made by Myaderm or for cheaper try the mag based homeopathic Theraworx foam. I keep this foam on hand for whenever my back spasms out and it works immediately. That way you wouldn't have to take an oral magnesium.

Amazon product ASIN B06XD2YSX1View: https://www.amazon.com/Theraworx-Relief-Fast-Acting-Cramps-Soreness/dp/B06XD2YSX1/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1AKDIZC9VAWXK&keywords=theraworx+foam+7.1+oz&qid=1659723000&sprefix=theraworx+foam%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=AMGVYX167Q8I1

OP
P

petal

When I have low potassium issues (which I had for years) which includes twitching eye , no mag does not help it, and sometimes intermittent skipped heart beats, I take 1/2 over the counter potassium supp. This clears both problems overnight and lasts for weeks. For the pain in the back of the neck you could use either the instant pain relief CBD cream made by Myaderm or for cheaper try the mag based homeopathic Theraworx foam. I keep this foam on hand for whenever my back spasms out and it works immediately. That way you wouldn't have to take an oral magnesium.

Amazon product ASIN B06XD2YSX1View: https://www.amazon.com/Theraworx-Relief-Fast-Acting-Cramps-Soreness/dp/B06XD2YSX1/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1AKDIZC9VAWXK&keywords=theraworx+foam+7.1+oz&qid=1659723000&sprefix=theraworx+foam%2Caps%2C162&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=AMGVYX167Q8I1
Thank you so much for this info and the link :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals