If You Are Aching And Teeth Hurting, May Be Too Much Magnesium

I was taking magnesium (ionized) with P5P and I noticed my teeth hurting, and feeling loose, and joint pains

After several weeks I stopped magnesium and started supplementing with equal parts calcium and magnesium (citrate, not the best but what I have.)

And the joint and tooth pain is getting better.

My theory is the P5P was forcing absorption of magnesium that was excessive, and that this leached calcium from my teeth and joints.

I have found the balance of magnesium and calcium is important, because in the past when I supplemented with too much of one or the other, problems ensued.

This time evidently I wasn't eating enough dairy to counteract the excessive magnesium.

honeybee

Probably more of a balance of several things in my case. I recently started Thorne vit k 15 drops with caffeine and taurine to clean my liver. After about a week my teeth have stopped hurting and r no linger sensitive. I've been doing the liver cleanse for about 2 weeks now.
I also supplement d3, magnesium, vit a and glycine.
Prior to the liver cleanse, if my joints were aching this was an indication that I was low in d3. As soon as I started taking it again the joint issues would go away.

OP
ecstatichamster
just a follow up months later. I drink plenty of OJ and milk and I have great teeth again. I also take K2 (5mg to 30mg probably) and drink a lot of coffee. I have cut down on sugar. I don't add sugar to anything anymore but eat a lot of fruit. I think I may have over-driven my metabolism when I started. I'm thinking it may not be the magnesium but all the sugar and everything was driving nutrients from my body due to stress and not being able to handle the immense nutritional challenges I had added.

Stilgar

I was taking magnesium (ionized) with P5P and I noticed my teeth hurting, and feeling loose, and joint pains

After several weeks I stopped magnesium and started supplementing with equal parts calcium and magnesium (citrate, not the best but what I have.)

And the joint and tooth pain is getting better.

My theory is the P5P was forcing absorption of magnesium that was excessive, and that this leached calcium from my teeth and joints.

I have found the balance of magnesium and calcium is important, because in the past when I supplemented with too much of one or the other, problems ensued.

This time evidently I wasn't eating enough dairy to counteract the excessive magnesium.

So interesting and helpful because I recently had the same experience. Good to know things are improving on a balance of calcium and magnesium.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals