Ok To Mix Calcium Carbonate + Magnesium Carbonate ?

Makrosky

Dear all,

I sometimes use magnesium carbonate at night. It helps replenishing my magnesium levels, with all the well known benefits. Or at least some.

I'm wondering if I can take calcium carbonate at the same time as magnesium carbonate. Will they compete for absorption or something I have to be aware of ?

Will it be "too much carbon" ?

Thanks

yerrag

That seems like a combination for plaster of paris. I'm actually making a 'plaster pill' for use in my koi pond. A 3:1 ratio mix of calcium carbonate to magnesium carbonate, added to water at a ratio of 2:1, and poured into a mold the size of a hockey puck, and allowed to set and to completely dry, can be put in the filter area of my pond. What it does is that every time the pond water goes below a pH of 7.4 , the plaster pill dissolves. The resulting bicarbonate increases the pH to keep the pond water from getting acidic.

I'm just thinking that if our blood is like the pond water, and we have these pills in our "river," it could help keep our blood from getting acidic. Don't know if it will work the same way in our body the way it works in a koi pond.