Excess Magnesium Chloride Intake Causes Frank Acidosis

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Actually, it's the other way around.

"For years Dr. Coimbra has recommended magnesium glycinate but is now recommending magnesium chloride, 500 mg twice a day for most patients."
Interesting. But he didn't drop the glycinate form, he just added chloride now as an option. Maybe it has to do with absorption, which I suspect it's a bit better with the chloride form than the others (but it doesn't justify its use), or because it's easier to find in most countries.

Right on the first page of search there was this:
High Doses of Vitamin D for Autoimmune Diseases - Coimbra Protocol

Last edited:

Inaut

I have a hard time with most forms of Mag. Been taking magnesium glycinate, 250mg, once a day and even that makes me overuse the toilet....Any suggestions for me? I've also been doing epsom salt baths daily for the last 3 weeks but I'm starting to question how much mg im actually absorbing trandermally as pointed out by @Amazoniac . Any suggestions?

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

The dose used in the experiment provides about 9 g of chloride (more or less 1 part of magnesium to 3 parts of chloride). Considering that sea salt is 55% chloride (it varies):

9 g = 'sea salt' * 55%
'sea salt' = 16 g​

And that's how much you need of sea salt to get an equivalent amount of chloride to the one provided by magnesium chloride. Now check this out:

- Global, regional and national sodium intakes in 1990 and 2010: a systematic analysis of 24 h urinary sodium excretion and dietary surveys worldwide (in the review they're focused on sodium)

F4.medium.gif

Some people almost do it daily. It's not without consequences, but if it was done with magnesium chloride instead, they would end up in the hospital fast. So a lower dose of magnesium chloride prevents the hospital visit from severe and chronic diarrhea but makes the acidifying exposure more tolerable and extends it. In other words, by spreading the dose you can avoid the magnesium diarrhea and reach the full malefits of excess imbalanced chloride.

If you're indeed after plenty of chloride, it's better to have it paired with sodium (or at least add sodium in forms other than chloride to balance them). It would also be important to increase the intake of alkaline minerals.

I have a hard time with most forms of Mag. Been taking magnesium glycinate, 250mg, once a day and even that makes me overuse the toilet....Any suggestions for me? I've also been doing epsom salt baths daily for the last 3 weeks but I'm starting to question how much mg im actually absorbing trandermally as pointed out by @Amazoniac . Any suggestions?
There are reports of diarrhea without ingesting it, so it can be magnesium coupled with the effect of sulfate.

In my opinion the sulfate form is worse than chloride. You'll need breaks from it if you insist on using it. This has been discussed on the second-last link on the first post.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

burtlancast

doing it chronically can tax the body over time. It's quite unnecessary given that there are various other (better) forms available. The exception is if for some reason you're after the chloride excess.

:naughty

Amazoniac at his disingenuous best.

Quite extraordinary how you go from ingesting 25 gr magnesium chloride to claim frequent small doses will harm the body over time, lol.

You're well placed to know Pierre Delbet took it for all his life every day and died at 96!!

But this thread is actually quite insightful in uncovering one of the ways magnesium chloride protects against cancer: everybody believes it does by magnesium activating the properdin innate immune system , when in fact it might also be actively killing young cancer cells through slight acidosis.

"We acidify the blood and urine, since a state of imbalance toward the alkaline side is known to exist in tumor patients"

Which is exactly what Andre Gernez explained and based his fasting prevention therapy upon: tissue (not blood !) acidosis kills young newly formed tumor cells.

But this is exactly the contrary of what everybody says in the mainstream alternative health: "Alkalize for health".
Virginia Livingston's Dietary Approach To Cancer

Last edited:

SB4

I took doses of around 1g Mg Cl elemental Mg a few months back and gradually noticed a worsening of my heart symptoms. I usually experience heart pounding but it felt notivably worse on MgCl and kept increasing over time. Went away when I stopped and haven't noticed the effect with other forms of Mg so I would say it was the chloride. Tasted foul too.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

:naughty

Amazoniac at his disingenuous best.

Quite extraordinary how you go from ingesting 25 gr magnesium chloride to claim frequent doses will harm the body over time, lol.

You're well placed to know Pierre Delbet took it for all his life every day and died at 96!!

But this thread is actually quite insightful in uncovering one of the ways magnesium chloride protects against cancer: everybody believes it does by magnesium activating the properdin innate immune system , when in fact it might also be actively killing young cancer cells through slight acidosis.

Virginia Livingston's Dietary Approach To Cancer
:hattip

So you think that the body balances the imbalance through magic? Every imbalance comes with a cost and this is unnecessary strain over time.

Pierre taking it and living until 96 proves nothing.

The body probably adapts to in a way that minimizes the problem if you persist. He could've benefitted from magnesium in spite of chloride; just like Tarmander, that perhaps could've benefitted from a potassium mix, but opted for all-chloride.

I already commented various times that chloride is mere management of alkalosis, so once again: its lack isn't the cause and it's not what sustains it either.

The idea of acidifying the body in cancer is silly given how taxed it already is from the tumor and poor metabolism. Gerson discussed the issue of alkalosis in the 'Salt' chapter of his book.

A Cancer Therapy "alkalosis"​

He opted for massive amounts of potassium as acetate, gluconate and phosphate; it would be easy for him to give potassium chloride instead. He also commented that his colleagues thought that he was mental in giving what was showing elevated in blood; so to use it as a reference on what to give is an mistaken approach.
Raj in one or more of his articles on cancer suggests bicarbonate salts as a therapeutic tool.

Do not take pills as Tarmander suggests, savor the mistake.
I took doses of around 1g Mg Cl elemental Mg a few months back and gradually noticed a worsening of my heart symptoms. I usually experience heart pounding but it felt notivably worse on MgCl and kept increasing over time. Went away when I stopped and haven't noticed the effect with other forms of Mg so I would say it was the chloride. Tasted foul too.
Classic.

Last edited:

burtlancast

The idea of acidifying the body in cancer is silly given how taxed it already is from the tumor and poor metabolism.

You need to read Andre Gernez' work: he proved fasting prevents cancer through the chronic acidosis it triggers: when cancers cells arise and are few in numbers, they're sufficiently fragile to be killed by a slight tissue acidosis.

His hypothesis was tested on mice by the government:it worked so well ( 90 % prevention) they refused to publicize the results.
Gernez himself had to beg the scientific manager to give him the results incognito.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

You need to read Andre Gernez' work: he proved fasting prevents cancer through the chronic acidosis it triggers: when cancers cells arise and are few in numbers, they're sufficiently fragile to be killed by a slight tissue acidosis.

His hypothesis was tested on mice by the government:it worked so well ( 90 % prevention) they refused to publicize the results.
Gernez himself had to beg the scientific manager to give him the results incognito.
That's not a sustainable approach, that's an attempt to correct something through a transient stress. Should a person pick their magnesium supplement because it helps to support the stressful state of a fast?

Glassy

30g of mag chloride is an aweful lot. I was taking 5g in a glass of water and it tasted salty and mildly bitter. No negative side effects noticed and it quickly takes away crampy feelings after intense exercise. My take is that it should be used with caution if taken over a long period.

I’ve been taking a lot of vitamin C recently to try and manage hay fever symptoms. I’ve been concerned about how acidic the ascorbic acid is and mixing some MgOH (MoM) with it to balance it (and get some magnesium). To a teaspoon of ascorbic acid, I add about 1/3 teaspoon of MoM, I don’t want to turn it into a base, just reduce the amount of acid consumed. It tastes better.

B

Braveheart

OK...can you provide a little direction or link?

burtlancast

burtlancast

That's not a sustainable approach, that's an attempt to correct something through a transient stress.

Show us the evidence ingesting 1-4 gr of magnesium chloride daily causes chronic acidosis.

Last edited:
OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

30g of mag chloride is an aweful lot. I was taking 5g in a glass of water and it tasted salty and mildly bitter. No negative side effects noticed and it quickly takes away crampy feelings after intense exercise. My take is that it should be used with caution if taken over a long period.

I’ve been taking a lot of vitamin C recently to try and manage hay fever symptoms. I’ve been concerned about how acidic the ascorbic acid is and mixing some MgOH (MoM) with it to balance it (and get some magnesium). To a teaspoon of ascorbic acid, I add about 1/3 teaspoon of MoM, I don’t want to turn it into a base, just reduce the amount of acid consumed. It tastes better.
As you know, every time you eat at your relatives' houses that happen to enjoy salty food (most do not), you start to feel thirsty after the meal, it's a sign of imbalance caused by too much salt. The difference is that you're diluting in advance, but another way to moderate it is through its addition in a dense meal, which will slow down the rate of delivery and the other electrolytes in the meal help in balancing it. However, this isn't going to be an isolated occasion, you're doing it daily on top of what table salt already provides because you won't stop craving sodium.

Speaking of Coimbra, this is what he does when he tells people to drink more water to dilute excess calcium in the body. An unusual increase in liquid intake is a clue that something is off.
Show us the evidence ingesting 1-4 gr of magnesium chloride daily causes chronic acidosis.
Dietary sodium chloride intake independently predicts the degree of hyperchloremic metabolic acidosis in healthy humans consuming a net acid-producing diet

There is no plateau: as chloride concentration increases, blood H+ also increases and bicarbonate decreases:

zh20090748150001.jpeg

Compensation occurs and the imbalance is corrected fast, but this comes with a cost. Note that it would be worse if it was magnesium instead of sodium. It isn't a big deal if the person is healthy, but if there are better forms available, it makes no sense to insist on using it.

Last edited:
OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

If the person is compromised, not a lot is needed for obvious (acute) effects.

- Magnesium chloride-induced acidosis in malnutrition (posted elsewhere)

Here it was 0.2 g/kg/d.​

- Proposed Recommended Nutrient Densities for Moderately Malnourished Children

"Many magnesium salts give an unpleasant taste to foods when they are present in high concentrations. In order to improve the acceptability of any fortified foods, the salt will have to be chosen with care. “Food-grade” magnesium citrate has a neutral taste and is used in F100; it lacks the deliquescent properties of magnesium chloride and the cathartic effects of magnesium sulfate. Other salts of magnesium have been used; magnesium diglycinate appears to be better tolerated than other magnesium salts and is well absorbed in patients with poor intestinal function [187]"

"Magnesium is a weak cation with a poor absorption. When it is given as the salt of a strong anion that is absorbed, the salt will cause a metabolic acidosis. This was shown in severely malnourished children treated with magnesium chloride, some of whom died [196]. The magnesium should always be given as the salt of a weak anion such as citrate or diglycinate."​

--
Zeus got to a point where health became boring, so he decided to challenge his body once in a while with magnesium chloride for some excitement. One day his kids were playing around and he said enough of giving them bad example: the untold story of Magnoil.

Last edited:

Bart1

i'm not a scientist, but epsom salt baths, that's magnesium sulphate right ? Is that bad ? I do weekly. It really helps to relax, more than a normal bath so it does something ? How could one safely up magnesium ? besides the obvious working on the issue of hypothyrodism?

Nighteyes

If the person is compromised, not a lot is needed for obvious (acute) effects.

- Magnesium chloride-induced acidosis in malnutrition (posted elsewhere)

Here it was 0.2 g/kg/d.​

- Proposed Recommended Nutrient Densities for Moderately Malnourished Children

"Many magnesium salts give an unpleasant taste to foods when they are present in high concentrations. In order to improve the acceptability of any fortified foods, the salt will have to be chosen with care. “Food-grade” magnesium citrate has a neutral taste and is used in F100; it lacks the deliquescent properties of magnesium chloride and the cathartic effects of magnesium sulfate. Other salts of magnesium have been used; magnesium diglycinate appears to be better tolerated than other magnesium salts and is well absorbed in patients with poor intestinal function [187]"

"Magnesium is a weak cation with a poor absorption. When it is given as the salt of a strong anion that is absorbed, the salt will cause a metabolic acidosis. This was shown in severely malnourished children treated with magnesium chloride, some of whom died [196]. The magnesium should always be given as the salt of a weak anion such as citrate or diglycinate."​

--
Zeus got to a point where health became boring, so he decided to challenge his body once in a while with magnesium chloride for some excitement. One day his kids were playing around and he said enough of giving them bad example: the untold story of Magnoil.

What do you think about the malate form of magnesium? The pure powder seems really good to me when dosed throughout the Day. Good for the liver too. Have you come across This form mentioned when Reading about the various forms?