Fixed My Frequent Urination that Disturbs Sleep, But Many Questions Remain

Jam

Good detailed report @yerrag. I wouldn't define your SSKI dose of 300mg (150mg x 2) as very conservative. It's a good dose. A bit less than half of Albert Szent-Györgyi's 750mg dose that he took for decades.

Since you are also taking methylene blue, I thought I would bring these to your attention, in case you haven't seen them already:

Potassium iodide enhances the photobactericidal effect of methylene blue on Enterococcus faecalis as planktonic cells and as biofilm infection in teeth

Antimicrobial photodynamic therapy mediated by methylene blue and potassium iodide to treat urinary tract infection in a female rat model

yerrag

Good detailed report @yerrag. I wouldn't define your SSKI dose of 300mg (150mg x 2) as very conservative. It's a good dose. A bit less than half of Albert Szent-Györgyi's 750mg dose that he took for decades.

Since you are also taking methylene blue, I thought I would bring these to your attention, in case you haven't seen them already:

Potassium iodide enhances the photobactericidal effect of methylene blue on Enterococcus faecalis as planktonic cells and as biofilm infection in teeth

Antimicrobial photodynamic therapy mediated by methylene blue and potassium iodide to treat urinary tract infection in a female rat model

Interesting studies! Even though those studies are about using mb and ki in the mouth/tooth with red light, it would give me a higher level confidence that the two substances can synergize even if they're taken orally. And I may try using them for my current loose periodontal tooth. Thanks!

Jam

Interesting studies! Even though those studies are about using mb and ki in the mouth/tooth with red light, it would give me a higher level confidence that the two substances can synergize even if they're taken orally. And I may try using them for my current loose periodontal tooth. Thanks!
According to Travis, the photobactericidal effect should work in vivo even in relative darkness.

yerrag

yerrag

Just an update: I tested my urine pH and last night it was 7.6, and this morning it's at 7.4, which makes my ecf alkaline. Optimal urine pH is at 6.5-6.8.

So stopping potassium bicarbonate and magnesium bicarbonate. I think I overdid it on the bicarbonate. So I'll give myself a break for a day from this and see how my urine pH responds. After this, I'll either shift to potassium chloride or drink more fruits and others that give me potassium - bananas, sweet potatoes, citrus fruits, and even go fruit juicing and vegetable juicing. i need to restore my potassium levels but I cannot use potassium bicarbonate anymore. I'm also queasy on KCl as I don't want to add to the chlorine for now.

I was taking 1500mg of elemental potassium in the form of potassium bicarbonate last week. Yesterday I took 3000mg of it.

It was too much. The bicarbonate content was equivalent to 2500mg and 5000mg of sodium bicarbonate respectively, which is a lot.

Glad I caught that by monitoring my urine pH. I haven't experienced anything relating to symptoms of metabolic alkalosis, and I'm glad I didn't have to find out by experience. Whew!

Last edited:
Just an update: I tested my urine pH and last night it was 7.6, and this morning it's at 7.4, which makes my ecf alkaline. Optimal urine pH is at 6.5-6.8.

So stopping potassium bicarbonate and magnesium bicarbonate. I think I overdid it on the bicarbonate. So I'll give myself a break for a day from this and see how my urine pH responds. After this, I'll either shift to potassium chloride or drink more fruits and others that give me potassium - bananas, sweet potatoes, citrus fruits, and even go fruit juicing and vegetable juicing. i need to restore my potassium levels but I cannot use potassium bicarbonate anymore. I'm also queasy on KCl as I don't want to add to the chlorine for now.

I was taking 1500mg of elemental potassium in the form of potassium bicarbonate last week. Yesterday I took 3000mg of it.

It was too much. The bicarbonate content was equivalent to 2500mg and 5000mg of sodium bicarbonate respectively, which is a lot.

Glad I caught that by monitoring my urine pH. I haven't experienced anything relating to symptoms of metabolic alkalosis, and I'm glad I didn't have to find out by experience. Whew!

dodged a bullet. Yikes!

yerrag

Also alkaline urine at the very least is a good environment for stones and toxic microbes.

I think it's the microbes in the bladder though that create the alkalinity using catalase enzymes.

Which is why with people with UTI, their urine is often alkaline. Certainly though, an alkaline environment would make it easier for such microbes to take root and colonize. I think stones can occur with both acidic and alkaline environments. Uric acid stones form in acidic environment, afaik. To play it safe, have an optimal pH.