Need Help With Stubborn Hypertension

mamakitty

Probably.

Thank you! I am using 5-6 g a day

TheCodez

Alrighty I've read every suggestion on this thread so far and at some point tried just about all of them and many many more with zero success. At age 19 I had a BP of 190/100. At almost 50 I still had a BP of 155/100.... That is until a few months ago. Within a week of switching most of my calories to potatoes (I suspect the potassium is related) and starting 30 minutes of fairly intense bike riding per day, it's now running 122/82.

cremes

30 years of high BP like 190/100? Oh no. My mom had bouts of that and it has led to vascular dementia. Get it down and keep it down unless you are exercising.

TheCodez

30 years of high BP like 190/100? Oh no. My mom had bouts of that and it has led to vascular dementia. Get it down and keep it down unless you are exercising.
I mean... I'd have been happy to, but nobody could tell me how and it took me this long to figure it out.

cremes

I mean... I'd have been happy to, but nobody could tell me how and it took me this long to figure it out.
At some point taking an ACE inhibitor, calcium channel blocker, or beta blocker is the lesser of the evils. Yikes.

Peachy

My grandmother avoided medication with cayenne pepper pills for many years, and now at 94 only takes half a bp pill (and no other meds, except baby aspirin).

mamakitty

Nope. There may be a lesser evil but I'm certain it isn't among those 3.
You never took any meds? How was your bp so high at 19? Were you obese? Did you go to the doctor?
Do you bike for real or a stationary bike? I’m about to buy a stationary bike because it’s easier to do that with a baby and so many constant chores.

mamakitty

My grandmother avoided medication with cayenne pepper pills for many years, and now at 94 only takes half a bp pill (and no other meds, except baby aspirin).
How does one get cayenne pepper pills? I can’t stand heat of any kind, including hot food. Do the pills give you acid reflux or the runs like hot food?

Peachy

How does one get cayenne pepper pills? I can’t stand heat of any kind, including hot food. Do the pills give you acid reflux or the runs like hot food?
She just got them at the drug or herb store. If you swallow it right, it wouldn’t cause reflux. I wouldn’t take it before lying down.

It’d probably treat you similarly on the way out.

mamakitty

She just got them at the drug or herb store. If you swallow it right, it wouldn’t cause reflux. I wouldn’t take it before lying down.

It’d probably treat you similarly on the way out.
Uh oh! Thanks, I’ll look it up online or ask the pharma. Hopefully it doesn’t hurt ☹️
Someone also mentioned chilli pepper tea on a different thread. Apparently you can add milk to it and it won’t be hot. It’s actually kinda hard to find though.

TheCodez

You never took any meds? How was your bp so high at 19? Were you obese? Did you go to the doctor?
Do you bike for real or a stationary bike? I’m about to buy a stationary bike because it’s easier to do that with a baby and so many constant chores.
I don't know why it was so high. Definitely never been obese. Was 120 pounds at 19.

Elie

Forum Supporter
Alrighty I've read every suggestion on this thread so far and at some point tried just about all of them and many many more with zero success. At age 19 I had a BP of 190/100. At almost 50 I still had a BP of 155/100.... That is until a few months ago. Within a week of switching most of my calories to potatoes (I suspect the potassium is related) and starting 30 minutes of fairly intense bike riding per day, it's now running 122/82.
How much potatoes / mg of potassium per day do you think you are getting now and how many mg potassium before?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals