RDW- An Overlooked Yet Low-Cost Biomarker For Cardiovascular Risk

OP
yerrag

yerrag

This is a review article on RDW: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/dm/2017/7089493/

Red Blood Cell Distribution Width: A Novel Predictive Indicator for Cardiovascular and Cerebrovascular Diseases

The red blood cell distribution width (RDW) obtained from a standard complete blood count (CBC) is a convenient and inexpensive biochemical parameter representing the variability in size of circulating erythrocytes. Over the past few decades, RDW with mean corpuscular volume (MCV) has been used to identify quite a few hematological system diseases including iron-deficiency anemia and bone marrow dysfunction. In recent years, many clinical studies have proved that the alterations of RDW levels may be associated with the incidence and prognosis in many cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases (CVDs). Therefore, early detection and intervention in time of these vascular diseases is critical for delaying their progression. RDW as a new predictive marker and an independent risk factor plays a significant role in assessing the severity and progression of CVDs. However, the mechanisms of the association between RDW and the prognosis of CVDs remain unclear. In this review, we will provide an overview of the representative literatures concerning hypothetical and potential epidemiological associations between RDW and CVDs and discuss the underlying mechanisms.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Hmm, looks like my RDW is low, 11.0 (11.5-14.5). Is this bad?
You need to see if there is an underlying issue that causes it to be low.

I'm checking my guide and it lists 3 possibilities, but these are very broad ones:

childhood diseases (mumps, measles, rubella, chicken pox)

acute of chronic bacterial infection

inflammation

If you have a CBC, list down the results and we'll take a look.

akgrrrl

As I have followed your journey, this, and other of your posts have given me clues to research my own puzzle. Since 2014 while at a peak of health &happy (phys fitness contest win in senior division, able to work physical job long hours) i began to lose circ in feet and below the knee. Now, 2021 finds it greatly advanced. The minute I get out of bed, my legs turn white, and skin cool to the touch. Feet are ice cold soon after and very painful, only revivable via hot bath. It actually feels like frostbite, stinging and hurt to stand.My vitals remain weirdly the same, 40 resting HR, 57 is my walking around. Temps stable (on levothyroxin for thyroid) and bp always normal. I sleep with a heating pad under my calves now, which I cannot live without. The extreme tenderness of any portion of below knees is excruciating: pressure on skin, pushing on muscles, a sharp blow to shin or ankle could take me to the ground.One of my grandfathers died after amputation below the knees which I assumed was diabetic. I am consistently tested as not diabetic. The other grandfather died atherosclerosis after painful cognitive malfunctions and outburst emoto issues to violence. You have alerted me to the possibility that 1 1/2 yrs on antibiotic for recurring jaw infection post root canal extraction could be a source, altho perfect peridontal report otherwise.
I have been unsuccessful at finding any studies or even significant research on microvessels, save for one group at Univ of Washington. I just dont understand why, with so many diabetics in America, how looking at microvessel performance is not studied?
Thus, grateful for your research, I remain slightly less terrified for the future of my legs.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Since your issue is on circulation, and centered on the knee downwards, and still bears the effects of injury in the past, what you're doing now is good in that you are providing your lower legs therapy. I think that this is more a matter of energy production systemically, and less of a local issue involving your lower legs. The lower legs and feet are in the extremities, and farther from the vital organs than the upper extremities, and the body gives it less circulation priority.

But energy production is not something that can easily be goosed up. The body can maximize its energy production where it has no other needs to attend to. The body settles to its own setpoint, which is why it's hard for us to increase the heart rate (although heart rate as a measure is imperfect, but I use it as it is convenient to use it as a proxy for metabolism and energy production). In my case, a chronic infection (low level as in no fever but an infection nonetheless, even if conventional doctors don't pay attention to it) diverts my body to boost my immune system at the expense of boosting energy production, so much so that my heart rate stays at 68 during the day mostly, and I don't even attempt to increase it to say 85 by taking metabolic boosters. I consider this goosing the numbers to make me feel I'm more metabolically healthy when all I'm doing is fooling myself. What's more important is knowing that my body has the energy production resources available to keep me fully functional to keep me self-sustaining and in balance. Even if my metabolism is not maximal, my body knows how to optimize it so I can defend myself against diseases.

So it makes many white blood cells in the face of a chronic infection, and as a result it has less energy seen in a higher heart rate. In TCM. this is where the body spends more on Yin and the Yang is lessened. Spending more on Yin means being on the defensive, and when one spends a lot of time on defense, he spends less time on offense. When one fights to win, one needs to pare down energy for defense.

So, maybe there is some issue your body is focused on that keeps it from pouring its energy towards full circulation, and your leg circulation is thus lacking.

Maybe a chronic systemic infection that you aren't aware of? If not, some toxins that are not being addressed? This is assuming you have spared no effort in ensuring you have good sugar metabolism as indicated by good sugar regulation, otherwise with unsteady blood sugar there won't be a constant flow of energy for the liver to produce thyroid from cholesterol consistently. This is also assuming you have good oxygen transport, which was a problem I had when it was compromised by mercury toxicity.

This is a general approach I would use in trying to overcome your issue, which is the same approach I face my own issues. The cause can be just one, or it can be many. If the cause were many, it would be more difficult to troubleshoot because a positive feedback isn't there so tell me I'm on the right track. That's why it's important to analyze well, and to make assumptions that could be wrong, and when wrong, to be able to backtrack and revisit the assumptions, and attempt another round.

So being very observant and taking notes is important. Knowing what you're taking and how it works will go a long way in finding a solution. Just taking something and another and another substance with no reason why except someone recommended it is not going to work, as you well know. For, in the end, it is the ability to choose what helps and eliminating what doesn't that will allow you to find the right combination therapy. Otherwise, one can get very frustrated and discouraged and one can end up merely "enjoying life" and losing hope at the same time for any healing and recovery.

I confess I am a bit disorganized . My notes are on single sheets of paper that mess up the table. My hypertension involved a lot of wild goose chases, following doctors both conventional and naturopathic- western and chinese. Looking back, no one could heal me and my decision to do it on my own, with RPF, has been a good decision. Still, I have not found anyone in RPF to understand my condition. I think that is to be expected. If I were married, I would probably have taken the safe choice and settled with taking blood pressure lowering drugs, which would likely have caused side-effects which the mainstream medical establishment would deny as everything has to be "evidence-based" on their own terms. But I have chosen the road of no maintenance drugs, and while my hypertension persists, I have found this to be the way to keep me in good health despite there being an underlying issue for my hypertension.

I'm sure you've done your own share of being your own doctor, and that you have your own story of progress, and that you have learned a lot as well. Continue to take stock and reassess to find a fresh approach, if not to build on an approach that is already working for you. Only you can make the decisions. All of us here are advisers and consultants. You're the boss.

akgrrrl

Since your issue is on circulation, and centered on the knee downwards, and still bears the effects of injury in the past, what you're doing now is good in that you are providing your lower legs therapy. I think that this is more a matter of energy production systemically, and less of a local issue involving your lower legs. The lower legs and feet are in the extremities, and farther from the vital organs than the upper extremities, and the body gives it less circulation priority.

But energy production is not something that can easily be goosed up. The body can maximize its energy production where it has no other needs to attend to. The body settles to its own setpoint, which is why it's hard for us to increase the heart rate (although heart rate as a measure is imperfect, but I use it as it is convenient to use it as a proxy for metabolism and energy production). In my case, a chronic infection (low level as in no fever but an infection nonetheless, even if conventional doctors don't pay attention to it) diverts my body to boost my immune system at the expense of boosting energy production, so much so that my heart rate stays at 68 during the day mostly, and I don't even attempt to increase it to say 85 by taking metabolic boosters. I consider this goosing the numbers to make me feel I'm more metabolically healthy when all I'm doing is fooling myself. What's more important is knowing that my body has the energy production resources available to keep me fully functional to keep me self-sustaining and in balance. Even if my metabolism is not maximal, my body knows how to optimize it so I can defend myself against diseases.

So it makes many white blood cells in the face of a chronic infection, and as a result it has less energy seen in a higher heart rate. In TCM. this is where the body spends more on Yin and the Yang is lessened. Spending more on Yin means being on the defensive, and when one spends a lot of time on defense, he spends less time on offense. When one fights to win, one needs to pare down energy for defense.

So, maybe there is some issue your body is focused on that keeps it from pouring its energy towards full circulation, and your leg circulation is thus lacking.

Maybe a chronic systemic infection that you aren't aware of? If not, some toxins that are not being addressed? This is assuming you have spared no effort in ensuring you have good sugar metabolism as indicated by good sugar regulation, otherwise with unsteady blood sugar there won't be a constant flow of energy for the liver to produce thyroid from cholesterol consistently. This is also assuming you have good oxygen transport, which was a problem I had when it was compromised by mercury toxicity.

This is a general approach I would use in trying to overcome your issue, which is the same approach I face my own issues. The cause can be just one, or it can be many. If the cause were many, it would be more difficult to troubleshoot because a positive feedback isn't there so tell me I'm on the right track. That's why it's important to analyze well, and to make assumptions that could be wrong, and when wrong, to be able to backtrack and revisit the assumptions, and attempt another round.

So being very observant and taking notes is important. Knowing what you're taking and how it works will go a long way in finding a solution. Just taking something and another and another substance with no reason why except someone recommended it is not going to work, as you well know. For, in the end, it is the ability to choose what helps and eliminating what doesn't that will allow you to find the right combination therapy. Otherwise, one can get very frustrated and discouraged and one can end up merely "enjoying life" and losing hope at the same time for any healing and recovery.

I confess I am a bit disorganized . My notes are on single sheets of paper that mess up the table. My hypertension involved a lot of wild goose chases, following doctors both conventional and naturopathic- western and chinese. Looking back, no one could heal me and my decision to do it on my own, with RPF, has been a good decision. Still, I have not found anyone in RPF to understand my condition. I think that is to be expected. If I were married, I would probably have taken the safe choice and settled with taking blood pressure lowering drugs, which would likely have caused side-effects which the mainstream medical establishment would deny as everything has to be "evidence-based" on their own terms. But I have chosen the road of no maintenance drugs, and while my hypertension persists, I have found this to be the way to keep me in good health despite there being an underlying issue for my hypertension.

I'm sure you've done your own share of being your own doctor, and that you have your own story of progress, and that you have learned a lot as well. Continue to take stock and reassess to find a fresh approach, if not to build on an approach that is already working for you. Only you can make the decisions. All of us here are advisers and consultants. You're the boss.
Your assessment and offerings are both generous and sound, thankyou. Aye, its true I am in delicious good health thanks to vigorous effort to learn in the RayPeat community. The approach and methods used thus far are working, and systemic energy production is my focus now. I could also attempt to focus less on the terror of my grandfather's bilateral amputations. The hidden aspect of infection would be the annoying recurring jaw infection from root canal extraction, which is not active now, until it is. Also not to be discounted in the energy picture, is the dramatic swing in light, heat, and activity that is seasonal here. 6months of cold and low light and low energy indoors life, to 21hrs of extremely bright, relentless sunlight AND huckletybuck behavior is how its done here. Everything having to do with maintenance on home, land, vehicles, construction, yard and garden projects has to be done in between the cracks of salmon runs which occur monthly. Get-it-done before rains come, berry season, garden harvesting, then fall meat season, makes for a big contrast in energy needs to the prev 6 months. I have noticed that as my low heart rate increases with energy demands, that it takes many hours to settle it down for a sleep cycle. If work stops abruptly and past 11pm, I could lay awake for 5 hours. (Remember, this is where 1 am calls of FISH ARE IN!! to grab gear and meet up are acceptable and normal.) If work tapers, then I eat carbs and some milk, hot bath, magnesium, then all good.Also, it just doesnt get dark at night, only dim.
Your systematic explains are so thorough, and the undercurrent of care is so appreciated. Every word.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Your assessment and offerings are both generous and sound, thankyou. Aye, its true I am in delicious good health thanks to vigorous effort to learn in the RayPeat community. The approach and methods used thus far are working, and systemic energy production is my focus now. I could also attempt to focus less on the terror of my grandfather's bilateral amputations. The hidden aspect of infection would be the annoying recurring jaw infection from root canal extraction, which is not active now, until it is. Also not to be discounted in the energy picture, is the dramatic swing in light, heat, and activity that is seasonal here. 6months of cold and low light and low energy indoors life, to 21hrs of extremely bright, relentless sunlight AND huckletybuck behavior is how its done here. Everything having to do with maintenance on home, land, vehicles, construction, yard and garden projects has to be done in between the cracks of salmon runs which occur monthly. Get-it-done before rains come, berry season, garden harvesting, then fall meat season, makes for a big contrast in energy needs to the prev 6 months. I have noticed that as my low heart rate increases with energy demands, that it takes many hours to settle it down for a sleep cycle. If work stops abruptly and past 11pm, I could lay awake for 5 hours. (Remember, this is where 1 am calls of FISH ARE IN!! to grab gear and meet up are acceptable and normal.) If work tapers, then I eat carbs and some milk, hot bath, magnesium, then all good.Also, it just doesnt get dark at night, only dim.
Your systematic explains are so thorough, and the undercurrent of care is so appreciated. Every word.

Your description of life in Alaska makes me very envious. It seems like the perfect place to run away from the tyrannical pandemic overlords. It is also a great place for healing, although it would take some adjustment for any city slicker going there. If you advertise some sort of survival camp, I would be very tempted to sign up, rather than join some trip made by the Sierra Club.

I miss the change of season in a land of perpetual summer. I certainly have no problem with sunshine, but it is like living in a very flat land and biking all day with no hills or mountains to climb with effort, and with no exhilarating downhill to look forward to. Truly miss those days I would drive to Beckley, West Virginia. The drive was already great through the twists and turns in mountain passes and through the woods, before arriving to a river to paddle in its whitewaters. Nothing feels as good as settling for a pizza and cold beer with friends after an afternoon workout in the river.

I used to wonder what it would be like to go to the Amazon jungle, and that was when I was very sickly and would get flu once or twice a year. I never thought I could ever realistically survive a trek through such places. But now, that doesn't seem to me such a challenge anymore health-wise. Then, I couldn't even survive a day of fasting during Holy Week. Now, I think nothing of being bitten by mosquitoes and getting dengue or malaria. It just seems that I have a stronger constitution, and if I fall prey to a parasite, I have the practical skills gained from being in this forum to treat them. Surviving the urban jungle of rotten medical advice has made me less afraid of being exposed to the elements in the wild, as in the jungle there are no charlatans, and if I can overcome charlatans, I should be fine dealing with the natural tricksters in nature.

Enjoy the summer even as the spring already gives you a fill of the vitamin A and the vitamin D which breathes life into the doldrums of winter. Stay with the program and you'll be wondering in no time how much progress you have made.

David PS

David PS

RDW is a calcuated number. It looks like it is best be in the lower half of the normal ditribution or lower.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsHj8GoQ030

OP
yerrag

yerrag

johnsmith

You need to see if there is an underlying issue that causes it to be low.

I'm checking my guide and it lists 3 possibilities, but these are very broad ones:

childhood diseases (mumps, measles, rubella, chicken pox)

acute of chronic bacterial infection

inflammation

If you have a CBC, list down the results and we'll take a look.
Thanks for your response.

My calcium levels are high. It’s been like that for over a year now, I don’t know why. I consume a decent amount of dairy, sometimes take vitamin K, take vitamin d daily, supplement thyroid, eat well, etc.

HEMATOLOGY
Hemoglobin - 159 (130 - 180)
Hematocrit - 0.46 (0.40 - 0.52)
WBC count - 5.3 (4.0 - 11.0)
RBC Count - 5.08 (4.40 - 5.90)
MCV - 91 (80 - 100)
MCHC - 31 (27 - 33)
MCHC - 344 (320 - 360)
RDW - 11.0 (11.5 - 14.5) - (%CV)
Platelet count - 216 (150 - 400)
Differential Count
Neutrophilis 2.5 (2.0 - 7.5)
Lymphocytes - 2.2 (1.0 - 4.0)
Monocytes - 0.4 (0.0 - 1.2)
Eosinophils - 0.2 (0.0 - 0.7)
Basophils - 0.0 (0.0 - 0.40

BIOCHEMISTRY
Glucose-serum (random) - 5.1 (3.6 - 11.0)
Bilirubin Total - 9 (<22)
Bun (Urea) - 4.8 (1.7 - 8.3)
Creatine - 80 (60 - 110)
Alkaline Phosphatase - 74 (45 - 120)
Gamma GT - 21 (8 - 61)
Lactic Dehydrogenase Total - 151 (118 - 255)
SGOT (AST) - 18 (<38)
SGPT (ALT) - 18 (<41)
Sodium - 142 (135 - 145)
Potassium - 4.7 (3.5 - 5.2)
Chloride - 101 (98 - 108)
Calcium - 2.59 (2.10 - 2.55)

URINALYSIS
pH - 8.0 (5.0 - 8.0)

David PS

Thanks, a good read. The video you shared in the next post clears up my confusion with RDW-SD.

Could you explain why up to a point, lower is better? I may have missed something.

My guess is that the goal should be to lower the level to a youthful age. No lower than the range of indivuals in the 0-18 years of age. Table 1 in the pdf provide the numbers.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

My guess is that the goal should be to lower the level to a youthful age. No lower than the range of indivuals in the 0-18 years of age. Table 1 in the pdf provide the numbers.
Got it! My mind got a little twisted the first time around. Now it makes sense.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Thanks for your response.

My calcium levels are high. It’s been like that for over a year now, I don’t know why. I consume a decent amount of dairy, sometimes take vitamin K, take vitamin d daily, supplement thyroid, eat well, etc.

HEMATOLOGY
Hemoglobin - 159 (130 - 180)
Hematocrit - 0.46 (0.40 - 0.52)
WBC count - 5.3 (4.0 - 11.0)
RBC Count - 5.08 (4.40 - 5.90)
MCV - 91 (80 - 100)
MCHC - 31 (27 - 33)
MCHC - 344 (320 - 360)
RDW - 11.0 (11.5 - 14.5) - (%CV)
Platelet count - 216 (150 - 400)
Differential Count
Neutrophilis 2.5 (2.0 - 7.5)
Lymphocytes - 2.2 (1.0 - 4.0)
Monocytes - 0.4 (0.0 - 1.2)
Eosinophils - 0.2 (0.0 - 0.7)
Basophils - 0.0 (0.0 - 0.40

BIOCHEMISTRY
Glucose-serum (random) - 5.1 (3.6 - 11.0)RB
Bilirubin Total - 9 (<22)
Bun (Urea) - 4.8 (1.7 - 8.3)
Creatine - 80 (60 - 110)
Alkaline Phosphatase - 74 (45 - 120)
Gamma GT - 21 (8 - 61)
Lactic Dehydrogenase Total - 151 (118 - 255)
SGOT (AST) - 18 (<38)
SGPT (ALT) - 18 (<41)
Sodium - 142 (135 - 145)
Potassium - 4.7 (3.5 - 5.2)
Chloride - 101 (98 - 108)
Calcium - 2.59 (2.10 - 2.55)

URINALYSIS
pH - 8.0 (5.0 - 8.0)

RDW of 11 isn't very much of a concern, as Dr. Weatherby's functional medicine optimal range is anywhere below 13.

But your MCV (mean cell volume) is above optimal range at 91 (optimal 82-89.9), and there are 2 possible causes: you're in need of more antioxidants like vitamin C, or there is b12/folate deficiency anemia. But since your MCH is normal and your Hgb is above range, it's more likely you are low in antioxidants.

Your monocytes is at 7;5% and eosinophils is at 4% when computed. Because of the high eosinophils, there could be parasites to be eaten up by phagocytes (neutrophils and macrophages from monocytes) and eosinophils end up trying to release ROS to kill the parasite. This produces oxidative stresses that requires antioxidants to neutralize. High uric acid would be an indication of such a situation. At any rate, if there is high usage of antioxidants, there won't be enough to protect your red blood cells, such that the red blood cells become bloated and this is reflected in high MCV.

At the same time, some serum albumin may be used as an antioxidant and with lower serum albumin, the blood volume may become lower. With lower blood volume, some blood markers would test high. So, RBC is high at 5.08 (optimal 4.2 -4.9, male) and Hgb is high at 159 (optimal at 140-150, male). It is also possible that high potassium at 4.7 (optimal 4 -5) and high calcium at 2.59 (optimal 2.30-2.50) may be due to low blood volume as well.

How high is your uric acid? What is your blood pressure? What is your serum albumin? What is your urine ACR? These are some questions I'd ask to help confirm my analysis.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Because of the high eosinophils, there could be parasites to be eaten up by phagocytes (neutrophils and macrophages from monocytes) and eosinophils end up trying to release ROS to kill the parasite. This produces oxidative stresses that requires antioxidants to neutralize.

Eosinophils

Eosinophils normally comprise 1-4% of the WBCs (50-400/mm3 of blood). They are called eosinophils because their granules stain red with the acidic dye eosin, one of the mixture of dyes used when staining leukocytes. The nucleus of an eosinophil typically appears lobed.

Their granules contain destructive enzymes for killing infectious organisms. These enzymes include acid phosphatase, peroxidases, major basic protein, RNase, DNases, lipase, and plasminogen. They are capable of phagocytosis but primarily they release their contents into the surrounding environment to kill microbes extracellularly. The substances they release defend primarily against fungi, protozoa, and parasitic worms (helminths), pathogens that are too big to be consumed by phagocytosis. They secrete leukotrienes, prostaglandins, chemicals that promotes inflammation by causing vasodilation and increasing capillary permeability. They also secrete various cytokines such as IL-1, IL-2, IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-8, IL-13, and TNF alpha. Their life span is 8-12 days.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

@johnsmith Another possibility is aplastic anemia:

1622516234329.png

johnsmith

RDW of 11 isn't very much of a concern, as Dr. Weatherby's functional medicine optimal range is anywhere below 13.

But your MCV (mean cell volume) is above optimal range at 91 (optimal 82-89.9), and there are 2 possible causes: you're in need of more antioxidants like vitamin C, or there is b12/folate deficiency anemia. But since your MCH is normal and your Hgb is above range, it's more likely you are low in antioxidants.

Your monocytes is at 7;5% and eosinophils is at 4% when computed. Because of the high eosinophils, there could be parasites to be eaten up by phagocytes (neutrophils and macrophages from monocytes) and eosinophils end up trying to release ROS to kill the parasite. This produces oxidative stresses that requires antioxidants to neutralize. High uric acid would be an indication of such a situation. At any rate, if there is high usage of antioxidants, there won't be enough to protect your red blood cells, such that the red blood cells become bloated and this is reflected in high MCV.

At the same time, some serum albumin may be used as an antioxidant and with lower serum albumin, the blood volume may become lower. With lower blood volume, some blood markers would test high. So, RBC is high at 5.08 (optimal 4.2 -4.9, male) and Hgb is high at 159 (optimal at 140-150, male). It is also possible that high potassium at 4.7 (optimal 4 -5) and high calcium at 2.59 (optimal 2.30-2.50) may be due to low blood volume as well.

How high is your uric acid? What is your blood pressure? What is your serum albumin? What is your urine ACR? These are some questions I'd ask to help confirm my analysis.
Very interesting, thank you.

My blood pressure was taken on the day of that blood test and I remember it being out of range at first, I think I remember being told it was high but I might be wrong, and I remember saying to myself maybe that’s why I have a bit of brain fog right now. My blood pressure was taken again a couple days later and it was 99/66 (pulse 82bpm) and then again two weeks later, 110/69 with a pulse of 101 bpm.

I'm going to have the same blood tests run again in a month or so because I need to have them done every so often for work. If you think I should try out anything out in the meantime before my next test, let me know and I could report back with the results. I've been taking vitamin C for a couple days now, which always seems to give surprisingly noticeable effects (primarily elevated libido).

It was hard to convince my family doctor to give me blood tests for some of the things that you were curious about but he agreed to test my serum albumin and parathyroid hormone levels next time I get my blood tests done for work. He said that people who have low blood volume are recommended to hydrate more. I normally have to drink a lot of water before my blood tests to get my calcium levels in range.

As for Aplastic Anemia symptoms, I do get fatigued and need to have a nap every day in the afternoon, and last winter I got large bruises on my legs from being exposed to very cold weather, which was odd (but it could have been from taking aspirin and not enough vitamin-K). A year ago, I used to get large welts on my back easily from sitting in chairs or wearing a heavy backpack, but they didn’t look like the typical small dotted rash that aplastic anemia tends to cause. The rash that I used to get may have been what’s called delayed-pressure urticaria/angioedema.

What can be done about the possibility of parasites? A round of antibiotics?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Your bp looks okay, although I would want to check the heart rate more often, and if it is as high as 100 often, something is amiss. I find an oximeter that measures perfusion index, and even respiratory rate (breathing rate), as well as the usual spO2 and heart rate; to be handy to have. Tomorotec has a unit for $29 at Amazon that has excellent reviews. A similar unit by Masimo costs $300.

Drinking more water does little to increase blood volume, unfortunately. Increasing blood plasma volume takes more than just drinking water. It requires enough abumin to attract enough salt to attract water to increase plasma volume.

I think it's better to take a urine ACR test than a serum albumin test as the serum albumin test is usually off unless blood volume is normal. If blood volume is low, it bumps up the albumin value and makes us think albumin is higher than it really is. The urine albumin-creatinine ratio will give you an idea if albumin is being excreted out in urine, and the extent of it.

Since monoycte is high also, I would test for serum uric acid also.

I think apastic anemia would be the last thing to check for now. See if you can take methylene blue with dmso, and also take artemisia annua for the parasites. If using HealthNature's MB, mix 12 drops (400mcg) of MB with 1 drop of 100% dmso, dilute in distilled water just a little (say 1 ounce) and leave in mouth for about 15 minutes before swallowing it. I find doing it this way allows the MB to be delivered sublingually. Doing it this way, I find my urine stays green for much longer, which I take to mean there's more absorbed and put to use. MB is used against malaria before and malaria is a virus.

It won't hurt also to take artemisia annua together with it. Artemisia annua can be bought as capsules in Amazon. I've made a alcohol tincture with the herb, but it's hard to get the actual herb. And it takes 2 weeks to get the tincture prepared.

I have a suspicion that your condition is less about bacteria than about virus, and more about parasites. And the parasite may be a virus, or a protozoa, or a helminth. But it's hard to tell for certain.

Last edited:

johnsmith

Having a virus, parasites, protozoa, helminth etc. wouldn't surprise me. I just searched for images of some of those critters on google, yikes.

I just ordered the $29 Tomorotec oxometer off amazon, I've wanted one of those for a long time.

Artemisia Annua... I've never heard of it. I just read the "Everything Wormwood/Artemisinin/Artemisa" thread on here and ordered some Nutricology Artemisia Annua capsules. I wonder if I'll get strange dreams from it... should be interesting. I do have some methylene blue and DMSO so I'll try the technique you mentioned above when my Artemisia Annua arrives. It should be an interesting experiment, thanks.

Last edited: