Constant Chest Pain after using Magnesium Supplement incorrectly

mamakitty

@I'm.No.One I just read this online: "Magnesium oxide is generally safe when used in appropriate doses. However, taking large amounts over long periods can lead to high blood magnesium levels, or hypermagnesemia, which is a serious condition that can be fatal."

Yikes. Looks like I unintentionally almost killed myself smh. Any ideas on how I can "Balance electrolytes"?
Oh shoot! I use magnesium oxide all the time for my constant constipation, and I do have regular chest and arm pain. Wow, this is terrifying. What can we use to solve constipation instead?

Jessie

Oh shoot! I use magnesium oxide all the time for my constant constipation, and I do have regular chest and arm pain. Wow, this is terrifying. What can we use to solve constipation instead?
You should really get your levels tested first. OP thought it was magnesium too, and once they were tested it revealed they actually had low magnesium. Read their replies a little bit lower.

Getting too much magnesium is really hard. For toxicity you'd need somewhere over 2 grams, and you'd likely develop a really bad headache before that point. Whenever my magnesium gets too high in comparison to calcium I always get a really bad headache. Pretty common for most people.
At any regard, getting over 2 grams of absorbable magnesium from oxide is next to impossible. You probably couldn't even do it with mag-glycinate, considering it's only like 12% magnesium. Mag-bicarbonate? Different story.

LadyRae

@JayLuz91 Hi! I realize this thread was old but somebody must have bumped it so I thought I would chime in. I've gone through many bottles of Mag07. Magnesium oxide. From what I read when I was using it as part of a green cleanse years ago, 🙄, the oxygenation creates a lot of bubbles in your digestive tract as it moves through. I'm wondering if you could be having heartburn?

Also agree with everything @Jessie said above...

Because that product is name brand/more$$$, I just use a few magnesium oxide capsules from Nutricost before bed. These really improve my sleep I've noticed. But I also noticed that I'm kind of bloated about a half hour to an hour after I take them... If I had a larger meal in my stomach, which I rarely do in the evenings anymore, I could see how that pressure could cause heartburn...

mamakitty

You should really get your levels tested first. OP thought it was magnesium too, and once they were tested it revealed they actually had low magnesium. Read their replies a little bit lower.

Getting too much magnesium is really hard. For toxicity you'd need somewhere over 2 grams, and you'd likely develop a really bad headache before that point. Whenever my magnesium gets too high in comparison to calcium I always get a really bad headache. Pretty common for most people.
At any regard, getting over 2 grams of absorbable magnesium from oxide is next to impossible. You probably couldn't even do it with mag-glycinate, considering it's only like 12% magnesium. Mag-bicarbonate? Different story.
Thanks for writing this, I was freaking out a bit. I do take 2 grams of magnesium oxide every week because I get constipation and this is the only thing that works reliably. I have been doing this for years. But at one point I was doing coconut oil and/or olive oil in the morning. I even did salt flushes. They all work but magnesium oxide is the easiest one so I stuck with it.
Anyway, what test should it be, blood or urine?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals