Clonidine As Sleep Medication?

ejalrp

I have recently been using Clonidine effectively as an anti-insomnia med (my blood pressure is also a bit high so it's serving two functions). Unfortunately, I believe it makes me too lethargic during the day so I am only taking it 30 minutes or so prior to sleep.

Does anyone know if this intermittent use of Clonidine is unwise, perhaps because ther may be a blood pressure rebound effect later in the day as the Clonidine is fully metabolized?

Ar there any other long term negative effects of Clonidine that would make this unwise?

Dr. C

I am very familiar with using Clonidine as an iv med. You can do intermitting dose, but beware of using it when the heart rate is too low. Since you have hypertension I would strongly suggest to NOT stop your medication. Why not stick with the nigthly clonidine?

LCohen

I'm doing this with Moxonidine sometimes. (second generation Clonidine, less side effects, less rebound effect, some anti-inflammatory effects)

It sharply decreases noradrenaline just like Clonidine. Works for great for me.

Knocks me out. I can sleep good. When I wake up I feel calm. Even my stubborn bloated face goes away whenever I use it and wake up.

But Dr. C is right, noradrenaline blockade can slow down your heart rate too much. And I can tell you that it feels scary.

Velve921

I'm doing this with Moxonidine sometimes. (second generation Clonidine, less side effects, less rebound effect, some anti-inflammatory effects)

Knocks me out. I can sleep good. When I wake up I feel calm. Even my stubborn bloated face goes away whenever I use it and wake up.

But Dr. C is right, noradrenaline blockade can slow down your heart rate too much. And I can tell you that it feels scary.

So if I were to try it, I am assuming going with the minimal effective dose would make sense. What would you say that is to cover myself as I ease into it?

Velve921

So if I were to try it, I am assuming going with the minimal effective dose would make sense. What would you say that is to cover myself as I ease into it?

If someone were to ease into it, what is a minimal effective starting dose that might not be too scary?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals