Magnesium Oil

renz

Has anyone got experience as to whether MO would be good for eczema for a child of 10?

renz

I can confirm magnesium is absorbed transdermally. A few years ago I made a concentrated solution of MgCl and applied it to arms and chest. About 15 minutes later I experienced strange breathing issues, had to force myself to take a breath which was very disconcerting, washed it off in the shower and returned to normal. Later read that respiratory depression is a sign of Mg overdose. So just be careful with the dose.

I still use it but in far smaller quantities as a deodorant. Still using the same 'Ancient Minerals Magnesium Bath Flakes' jar to make the solution with.
I am really wondering after reading this about what is the right dose to start with?

Laurence

I use about 6 drops under each arm (12 in total) as a deodorant and notice no side effects - other than lack of odour :)
Probably used more than 10x this dose in my stupid initial experiment that caused respiratory depression.

japanesedude

I made my own Magnesium Oil.
v0ujow1.jpg

just buy Magnesium chloride,spray bottle, purified water and simply mixed it.(sorry for large pic)
This time I used 50g Magnesium and mixed with same ammount of purified water.
1 spray is about 36mg Magnesium.
way cheaper than normal Magnesium Oil product on market.
I would high recommend for everyone.

tara

Has anyone got experience as to whether MO would be good for eczema for a child of 10?
My guess would be there is a risk it could irritate eczema if you apply it in the affected area. Quite a lot of people find it irritates the skin even without eczema. Diluting it can help.
You could try applying it somewhere else, as a way to boost magnesium supply, if there is a chance s/he is low. Eg if the eczema is on the hands, try Mg oil on feet?

The only time I had something like eczema, it turned out a small amount of occasional zinc seemed to resolve it (and topical moisturising to help with symptoms when it was bad).

Motorneuron

@giapponesedude Hi, does it still work fine or would you recommend some modifications?

southcesar

I use magnesium oil as a light hair styler. With my medium-length hair, two sprays are sufficient; using more than that gives it a wet look for hours, similar to the appearance when using hair gel.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals