Magnesium Fixed My Iron Overload

Beastmode

What helped me a lot in bringing iron down is instead of blood donations, which now I’m pretty sick, cause issues become you deplete other vitamins and minerals as well, is a milk fast. A week on milk will definitely help

How did you measure this lowering of iron?

I felt really strong before, during and after my donation. To be fair, I've also been eating a pro metabolic diet for the past 5 years consistently.

It's a "catch 22" where it's probably a great idea to donate blood, for most, but making sure it's at the right time.

oxphoser

What helped me a lot in bringing iron down is instead of blood donations, which now I’m pretty sick, cause issues become you deplete other vitamins and minerals as well, is a milk fast. A week on milk will definitely help

I see, because milk contains no iron? Why not go on an “iron fast” for a week and include other no iron foods such as haddock and shrimp with your milk?

Bart1

How did you measure this lowering of iron?

I felt really strong before, during and after my donation. To be fair, I've also been eating a pro metabolic diet for the past 5 years consistently.

It's a "catch 22" where it's probably a great idea to donate blood, for most, but making sure it's at the right time.
I'm battling chronic Lyme and co-infections, so I'm losing RBC which is far from ideal. Also I'm not donating of course, I don't want to infect other people, but I could do it in my home and throw the blood away

Bart1

I see, because milk contains no iron? Why not go on an “iron fast” for a week and include other no iron foods such as haddock and shrimp with your milk?
Yes, milk fast has other benefits, like giving the gut a break

Beastmode

I'm battling chronic Lyme and co-infections, so I'm losing RBC which is far from ideal. Also I'm not donating of course, I don't want to infect other people, but I could do it in my home and throw the blood away
For $100-$150 there are phlebotomist who'll come to the house and remove blood. Had to check on this for a family member who gets refused at blood donation centers.

Getting plenty of vitamin a, in addition to the Mg, should help. More energy trumps symptoms.

emarie

I really wish I could have dairy but it stops me up and causes eczema. Even raw and goats milk.

Bart1

For $100-$150 there are phlebotomist who'll come to the house and remove blood. Had to check on this for a family member who gets refused at blood donation centers.

Getting plenty of vitamin a, in addition to the Mg, should help. More energy trumps symptoms.
Yes, I have a kit myself at home and I have a mother who can perform it