Low Toxin Logs InChristAlone's log

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
So now I'm looking for a consensus on garlic and onions. I will make a new post about it.
Dr. Smith is definitely against onion and garlic. He says the sulfur in both slows down the detox system. I have always had problems with both.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Dr. Smith is definitely against onion and garlic. He says the sulfur in both slows down the detox system. I have always had problems with both.
Yeah I knew his stance on it and I agree as of now that we don't need more sulfur, meat has plenty. But is a bad reaction signs of bad detox abilities? I think that is where we need more discussion on how to optimize sulfur detox because unfortunately I don't think this will be the last time I have a dish with garlic. So many social settings that might necessitate eating some spices.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yeah I knew his stance on it and I agree as of now that we don't need more sulfur, meat has plenty. But is a bad reaction signs of bad detox abilities? I think that is where we need more discussion on how to optimize sulfur detox because unfortunately I don't think this will be the last time I have a dish with garlic. So many social settings that might necessitate eating some spices.
I think molybdenum helps with sulfur detox. I tested absolutely zero for molybdenum on my hair and nail test. Probably another reason I am copper toxic.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

So my no sugar experiment isn't going well. I've been eating a high sugar diet for my entire life. Even when I mostly ate starches like pastries , bagels, and bread I would have soda almost everyday starting from a young age (yeah my Mom had no boundaries). I tried being more 'healthy' when I had my first child 15 yrs ago and gave up most junk foods for a few yrs. I did pretty well during that period of my life. Cholesterol was near perfect as you can see in 2011. I ate a lot of good fats back then and healthy local meats, tried to limit sugar though I ate some ice cream and drank OJ in the morning.

Then I found Peat in 2012 and I've never gone a day without sugar in some form. So my blood sugar is all wonky now. My blood test said I was hypoglycemic, now I've done two finger pricks fasting in the morning and it was over 90. That's the highest I've seen it. I went to bed last night hungry. So I know it's cortisol. But my weight is stable so far I've only lost about a lb. 119.4 lbs.

Question is do I eat even more starch than I have been? Or increase proteins and fats? Without dairy I don't really have many options. I'm still trying to figure out what meat I'd have an appetite for in the morning that isn't pork. I may just go back to the pork for a while until I figure this out. It seems even though I was eating a lot of sugar I was turning the sugar to fat and oxidizing that. :( that makes me really sad. I don't have good sugar burning.

And I think my husband was the same way. And that's what caused his hunger problem. But I wasn't hungry so I could eat 1400 calories and not even care. I tried not to do that but I will admit there were many days that were below my basal metabolic rate. Now I'm actually hungry but my blood sugar is worse. That's why I'm struggling not to eat ice cream. My body is like what are you doing! I need the fats to burn!

Is this similar to refeeding syndrome? Could explain some of my thiamine deficiency symptoms. I'm going to take a few drops of energin today and eat brown rice. That seemed to really help things last time I did it. And I forgot to mention the brown rice didn't cause IBS like whole grains have for a very long time. So I think I can handle it now! That's definitely an improvement, I just have to watch my blood sugar and b vitamin status I think. And not undereat while doing this detox diet. I just suck at figuring out what food to eat besides dairy! haha.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
And I think my husband was the same way. And that's what caused his hunger problem. But I wasn't hungry so I could eat 1400 calories and not even care. I tried not to do that but I will admit there were many days that were below my basal metabolic rate. Now I'm actually hungry but my blood sugar is worse. That's why I'm struggling not to eat ice cream. My body is like what are you doing! I need the fats to burn!
I got insanely hungry in the beginning, so I listened to my body and ate into it. Staying within diet guidelines as much as possible. I would eat a ton of food and still lost weight. So my strategy when this happened was to pile up and each as much as my body was asking for.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I got insanely hungry in the beginning, so I listened to my body and ate into it. Staying within diet guidelines as much as possible. I would eat a ton of food and still lost weight. So my strategy when this happened was to pile up and each as much as my body was asking for.
Yeah, I have a feeling I will just have to eat until this passes. I think people make the mistake during this sort of refeeding syndrome by turning to junkfood and fat. That will never make the liver healthy again! And that's basically what I was doing for yrs. Ice cream and cheese!

purple pill

Question is do I eat even more starch than I have been? Or increase proteins and fats? Without dairy I don't really have many options. I'm still trying to figure out what meat I'd have an appetite for in the morning that isn't pork. I may just go back to the pork for a while until I figure this out. It seems even though I was eating a lot of sugar I was turning the sugar to fat and oxidizing that. :( that makes me really sad. I don't have good sugar burning.

My appetite sucks in the morning too, been loving a couple of buttered croissants in the morning the past week, really sets me up for the day, dairy i know but i've cut out drinking milk besides in cups of tea and cut out chocolate so i think it's a pretty good compromise. Feel like the starch and fat in the morning is good for me, lunch and dinner is usually pretty low fat so it balances out.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

My appetite sucks in the morning too, been loving a couple of buttered croissants in the morning the past week, really sets me up for the day, dairy i know but i've cut out drinking milk besides in cups of tea and cut out chocolate so i think it's a pretty good compromise. Feel like the starch and fat in the morning is good for me, lunch and dinner is usually pretty low fat so it balances out.
Yeah that's what I would do in the past, but I'm trying not to turn to starch+fat! Croissants are so good! I have more even energy with more protein in the morning though. That's why I used to do ham or sausage with OJ. Honestly it did work, but my digestion was pretty bad still.

So anyway, all I had for breakfast this morning was pasta with a pat of butter because we ran out of bananas (always run out by the end of the week!). I checked my blood sugar 2.5 hrs after it was 103. So not that bad! But I'm hungry.

purple pill

Yeah that's what I would do in the past, but I'm trying not to turn to starch+fat! Croissants are so good! I have more even energy with more protein in the morning though. That's why I used to do ham or sausage with OJ. Honestly it did work, but my digestion was pretty bad still.

So anyway, all I had for breakfast this morning was pasta with a pat of butter because we ran out of bananas (always run out by the end of the week!). I checked my blood sugar 2.5 hrs after it was 103. So not that bad! But I'm hungry.
I remember back in my 80/10/10 days i used to blend 8 bananas in the morning and down it so fast, was bliss, best part of my day on that diet! Not sure how blood sugars would react to that though, could maybe follow it up with a chicken breast if you have a taste for them, probably doesn't sound the most appetizing combo lol

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I remember back in my 80/10/10 days i used to blend 8 bananas in the morning and down it so fast, was bliss, best part of my day on that diet! Not sure how blood sugars would react to that though, could maybe follow it up with a chicken breast if you have a taste for them, probably doesn't sound the most appetizing combo lol
Wow 8 bananas!! I don't think I've ever eaten more than 2 or 3 a day. I had a raw vegan stint where I made banana ice 'cream'. It was SO SWEET. I couldn't eat that regularly haha. Yeah I may just make a bunch of grilled chicken to eat for the week. We are spending so much more money on meat for my family!

So Garrett shared this really cool post the other day about world war 2 meat rationing. Apparently they said kids and adults were to eat only 2 lbs of meat a week. And that meat was for soldiers the civilians should eat organs!! I was like wow some people don't even eat 2 lbs a week anymore! So there ya go, our country used to be very healthy because they all ate beef. And liver was only eaten because it was the cheapest scrap of the animal.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
So Garrett shared this really cool post the other day about world war 2 meat rationing. Apparently they said kids and adults were to eat only 2 lbs of meat a week. And that meat was for soldiers the civilians should eat organs!! I was like wow some people don't even eat 2 lbs a week anymore! So there ya go, our country used to be very healthy because they all ate beef. And liver was only eaten because it was the cheapest scrap of the animal.
Very cool. That's good info.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Very cool. That's good info.
Yeah I forgot to add there was a black market for steak lol. People didn't want to limit beef!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yeah I forgot to add there was a black market for steak lol. People didn't want to limit beef!
Beef is life. No wonder "they" want to take it away from us and have us eat bugs.

purple pill

Wow 8 bananas!! I don't think I've ever eaten more than 2 or 3 a day. I had a raw vegan stint where I made banana ice 'cream'. It was SO SWEET. I couldn't eat that regularly haha. Yeah I may just make a bunch of grilled chicken to eat for the week. We are spending so much more money on meat for my family!
Banana ice cream sounds good, i may have to try that, could good be a good substitute for my occasional haagan dazs lol. Yeah it was pretty excessive but i found an awesome supply, and used to buy a crate a week for £20, they tasted better than any supermarket crap i had ever tasted =d
Yeah meat is pretty expensive when eating every day, always feel its money well spent when it comes to feeding the family though
Wow, that is a big ration... surprised they never saved the organs for the soldiers too as they're so good for us ;) ...they obviously knew better back then lol

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Banana ice cream sounds good, i may have to try that, could good be a good substitute for my occasional haagan dazs lol. Yeah it was pretty excessive but i found an awesome supply, and used to buy a crate a week for £20, they tasted better than any supermarket crap i had ever tasted =d
Yeah meat is pretty expensive when eating every day, always feel its money well spent when it comes to feeding the family though

Wow, that is a big ration... surprised they never saved the organs for the soldiers too as they're so good for us ;) ...they obviously knew better back then lol
I like to buy the little manzano bananas here at publix, they have that subacid flavor of good banana varieties. I have 5 racks of bananas hanging in my yard right now. They take forever to ripen here, they really are more of a tropical plant vs sub tropical. Yes meat is always money well spent! And yeah why didn't they feed the soldiers organ meat if it's so good for us!

Kray

Beef is life. No wonder "they" want to take it away from us and have us eat bugs.
I've always wondered the reasoning behind butchers removing the bone from steaks. Unless you're buying a T-bone or similar steak, virtually all beef nowadays (at least in major US markets) has bone removed, and if we want bone, we have to buy it separately. Anyone know?

Kray

Thanks for clearing that up. I always get a craving for something sweet after eating meat for some reason and usually go for milk chocolate which isn’t ideal because it’s so addictive.

Meat and starch combinations (although delicious) seem to cause a lot of work for the digestive system. My mum who is hypermobile / Eds gets sacroiliac pressure if she does this combo and can’t get comfortable in bed as she feels like she’s been dragged down.

I’m still on the fence about starch to be honest. I tried incorporating sourdough bread recently as I live in Italy and it’s hard to resist. I’d read so many positive things on sourdough so thought I’d give it a try. Within 2-3 days my face was barely recognisable I was so puffy. My hairline was thinning too.
Hi all- as to the question of combining starch with meat/protein meals. Is it science-based as far as anyone here can chime in, that eating starch away from meat/protein is recommended? It seems anecdotally that some are having issues with it, although I wonder if it's that simple to pin it on starch/meat combo.

At a glance, several websites debunk the theory. I'd appreciate anyone who has a scientific background to weigh in, or provide scientific references to this idea (starch without meat/protein meal).

Thank you in advance-

Rock_V

@Rock_V, no problem. We should ideally be able to tolerate starch but many of us struggle with it unfortunately. I have only been able to eat it again since last summer (no gluten though due to celiac) but I went very slow in adding it back. I did fine with starch and even gluten until I was floxed but I’m sure there are multiple reasons people can have trouble with it. We have to contend with so many environmental insults that prior generations weren’t exposed to in their
Hi all- as to the question of combining starch with meat/protein meals. Is it science-based as far as anyone here can chime in, that eating starch away from meat/protein is recommended? It seems anecdotally that some are having issues with it, although I wonder if it's that simple to pin it on starch/meat combo.

At a glance, several websites debunk the theory. I'd appreciate anyone who has a scientific background to weigh in, or provide scientific references to this idea (starch without meat/protein meal).

Thank you in advance-
Everyone seemingly tries to debunk it as some of the best combos in the business are starch / meat.

Of course, it depends on a persons digestive capabilities but from what I’m reading it’s best to keep them separate.

I’d like to here more about this from the vitamin a people who’re doing a lot of meat, beans and rice together.

A lot of the heavy meat eating cultures don’t tend to bring starch into the mix. Take the gauchos in Argentina who lived exclusively on beef, Yerba mate and tobacco.

I always seem to go back to this article from Koch : 1940 THE BASIC CHEMISTRY OF OUR DIET – William F. Koch, Ph. D., M. D.

The dog is essentially carnivorous with a protein digestive capacity of high caliber. They may masticate or swallow the meat chunks whole and thrive nutritionally. Yet they often die of cancer. On a pure meat diet, however, they form fewer sulfides than on a mixed diet.

The cow also is subject to cancer, generally located in the face and started by injury to the tissue. Cancer is not frequent, however, and rarely found in any other part of the body. The diet is ideally vegetarian, moreover, and the recovery from cancer on our Treatment is prompt in such cases, as we have seen treated so far. But the dog too may thrive very well indeed on the vegetarian die, and his response it better on the pure vegetarian diet or on the pure meat diet than on a mixed regime. We can give statistics on this response when both types are diseased by their most frequent type of virus infection. These are Hoof and Mouth disease in the cow and Distemper in the dog. Where complete elimination of interfering factors is attained the recovery percentage on one dose of Carbonyl catalysts is above 95% when all stages of Hoof and Mouth disease are treated in cows and pigs. The same percentage of cure is obtained in dogs with Distemper when they are either on a pure meat diet or on a pure vegetarian diet, but on a mixed diet the recovery percentage dropped and the process took longer. In some cases two doses were needed. We attribute the poorer results on the mixed diet in dogs to the interference with digestion of the meat in the stomach and upper intestine, and its subsequent putrefaction in the large intestine.

And also the combination of meat & glucose / sucrose seems to dilute or interfere with hydrochloric acid production and create oxalates.

https://rupress.org/jem/article-pdf/5/1/27/1180081/27.pdf

Also this: Combined Consumption of Beef-Based Cooked Mince and Sucrose Stimulates Oxidative Stress, Cardiac Hypertrophy, and Colonic Outgrowth of Desulfovibrionaceae in Rats - PubMed

Desulfovibrio seems to be implicated in autism and Parkinson’s too and was identified as a major troublemaker by a doctor called Dr Sydney Feingold.

I think we need to study it further, but there’s been one study done where subjects, volunteers who were not ill, agreed to go on several different diets with intervals between the diets of whatever they chose to eat normally. And that showed clear concordance with a high meat content diet, cooked meat, and overgrowth of Desulfovibrio.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Everyone seemingly tries to debunk it as some of the best combos in the business are starch / meat.

Of course, it depends on a persons digestive capabilities but from what I’m reading it’s best to keep them separate.

I’d like to here more about this from the vitamin a people who’re doing a lot of meat, beans and rice together.

A lot of the heavy meat eating cultures don’t tend to bring starch into the mix. Take the gauchos in Argentina who lived exclusively on beef, Yerba mate and tobacco.

I always seem to go back to this article from Koch : 1940 THE BASIC CHEMISTRY OF OUR DIET – William F. Koch, Ph. D., M. D.

The dog is essentially carnivorous with a protein digestive capacity of high caliber. They may masticate or swallow the meat chunks whole and thrive nutritionally. Yet they often die of cancer. On a pure meat diet, however, they form fewer sulfides than on a mixed diet.

The cow also is subject to cancer, generally located in the face and started by injury to the tissue. Cancer is not frequent, however, and rarely found in any other part of the body. The diet is ideally vegetarian, moreover, and the recovery from cancer on our Treatment is prompt in such cases, as we have seen treated so far. But the dog too may thrive very well indeed on the vegetarian die, and his response it better on the pure vegetarian diet or on the pure meat diet than on a mixed regime. We can give statistics on this response when both types are diseased by their most frequent type of virus infection. These are Hoof and Mouth disease in the cow and Distemper in the dog. Where complete elimination of interfering factors is attained the recovery percentage on one dose of Carbonyl catalysts is above 95% when all stages of Hoof and Mouth disease are treated in cows and pigs. The same percentage of cure is obtained in dogs with Distemper when they are either on a pure meat diet or on a pure vegetarian diet, but on a mixed diet the recovery percentage dropped and the process took longer. In some cases two doses were needed. We attribute the poorer results on the mixed diet in dogs to the interference with digestion of the meat in the stomach and upper intestine, and its subsequent putrefaction in the large intestine.

And also the combination of meat & glucose / sucrose seems to dilute or interfere with hydrochloric acid production and create oxalates.

Also this: Combined Consumption of Beef-Based Cooked Mince and Sucrose Stimulates Oxidative Stress, Cardiac Hypertrophy, and Colonic Outgrowth of Desulfovibrionaceae in Rats - PubMed

Desulfovibrio seems to be implicated in autism and Parkinson’s too and was identified as a major troublemaker by a doctor called Dr Sydney Feingold.

I think we need to study it further, but there’s been one study done where subjects, volunteers who were not ill, agreed to go on several different diets with intervals between the diets of whatever they chose to eat normally. And that showed clear concordance with a high meat content diet, cooked meat, and overgrowth of Desulfovibrio.
Many pathogens have been implicated in disease. But I propose they wouldn't be there if the liver and bile was healthy.

Kray

From reading this article, it seems Koch was more concerned about trace mineral-depleted soils, avoiding meat altogether, and eating whole-grain rye vs. white refined flour. I was also shocked by his claims about the negative effects of coffee! Not to veer off-topic, but why exactly is coffee off the list on the low-toxin diet?

Thanks for sharing these links. I'm not sure if the ones following the Koch study jibe with his reasoning, since these other studies don't say meat is the culprit, only the effect of combining it with sugar or starch. Sorry if I'm not getting the gist here!
Many pathogens have been implicated in disease. But I propose they wouldn't be there if the liver and bile was healthy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals