Overwhelmed But Continuing My Journey

MommaBear

Strange things brought me here. First breakthru to Ray Peats info was thru a program called hypothyroid revolution... then a campground neighbor started chatting about Ray Peat and then sent me to the idealabsdc website for a better choice of supplements.

Yrs of dealing with hashimotos thyroid since childhood (but dx around age 32) and developed spondylitis after an injury in navy basic training age 21. A few yrs later started gaining weight with difficulty losing over the years as can be expected with thyroid. Drs not doing well with treating my issues of low hormones but estrogen dominant, strange saliva cortisol labs, yada yada. I ate nothing processed for 2 yrs and no loss or pain reduction.. high protein and high fat diets, etc. Nothing got rid of the weight.

I had a strange incidence of no weight gain during my 6th pregnancy and continued loss of a total of 50 lbs after the birth! Normally i would gain after. I also started having gallbladder attacks that pregnancy. Another unexpected pregnancy soon after and my thyroid crashed. Big time. I gained 10 lbs in a week. Dr got me on small amts of bioidentical progesterone and dessicated thyroid. My daily function was very low and she refused to go above 90 grains of thyroid. Via a friend, i found another way to order dessicated thyroid and we figured out a system that worked thru the heart palps and such. My fatigue is nearly gone except the days i do too much and my joints tell me to rest. But i no longer 'crash' like i have done for many years! Yay!

So starting the higher sugar with collagen is the big change for me. And actually eating decent amts of food is hard. My guts dont tolerate a lot of meat and i have a hard time finding a dairy that doesnt cause severe gas... ugk...

Anyway... this way of eating for the whole summer has only increased my weight again. Very very quickly. I've nearly gained 40 lbs.
:( i was reading that night time icecream is required for those wishing to gain weight so that will be my first tweak. I was so much enjoying that treat again after 5 yrs of dairy free!

August i started taking vit a, d, e, k2, progesterone, b complex, selenium, sunflower lecithin, reishi and preneglone (one brand gave me migraines) with my thyroid, cascara sagrada for constipation, and collagen. I have been able to reduce my thyroid almost in half (mostly cuz i feel decent and dont remember to take it)

My supplements are running out and i was looking at idealabs website that led me here and am wondering what i am missing. Symptoms are telling me i also need to support my kidneys as they are weak atm so i have stopped the morning balanced coffee.

3 of my daughters (15, 18, 19) are not responding well to the protocol and still have high fatigue. They also have hashimotos thyroid, as do my other kids.

I thank you for your time and advice!

Trudi

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Welcome to the forum MommaBear. I'm happy you discovered Ray's work and this forum.
i have a hard time finding a dairy that doesnt cause severe gas... ugk...
Many people have to build up gradually with milk if it is a lactose issue. 1/4 -1/2 cup of milk with meals for a couple weeks might work. Our body often stops producing the enzyme lactase that helps us digest milk when we aren't drinking it regularly. Cheese, cottage cheese, farmers cheese and Greek yogurt should be okay though if it's lactose intolerance. I've used more cheese and eggshell calcium during periods where lactose was a problem.
But i no longer 'crash' like i have done for many years! Yay!
That's wonderful!:) I hope you find lots of helpful information here.

OP
MommaBear

MommaBear

Thx! Im excited to get over my fear of sugar! My blood tested allergy to the casein AND lactose :/ sadly this is a new problem (6 yrs or so) as i always drank milk/goat milk. Some reason starting raw cow milk set me over.

I think, from reading around in here, my gain is from not being used to increased food intake. I feel stronger again after losing a lot of muscle over the yrs so im sure ive been building some muscle with the changes.

This all makes some sense to me. I was trying to figure out why i lost weight that month i had no money and only ate homemade sourdough breads and geletain/coffee

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My blood tested allergy to the casein AND lactose :/ sadly this is a new problem (6 yrs or so) as i always drank milk/goat milk. Some reason starting raw cow milk set me over.
That does seem different than just ordinary lactose intolerance.
I feel stronger again after losing a lot of muscle over the yrs so im sure ive been building some muscle with the changes.
That's a good sign.

tara

:welcome MommaBear

Glad you are feeling stronger and more energetic. :)

90 grains of thyroid
I'm guessing you mean either different number or different unit?

OP
MommaBear

MommaBear

:welcome MommaBear

Glad you are feeling stronger and more energetic. :)

I'm guessing you mean either different number or different unit?

Well whatever the dose is for armour thyroid. She wouldn't go above 90.

I'm thrilled I have more energy. Just wish the excess weight didn't come with it! Lol! I'm also searching for why my girls have no energy. They are what I was at their age and I hope to save them from 20 yrs of suffering.

tara

Well whatever the dose is for armour thyroid. She wouldn't go above 90.
OK. 90mg would probably be a common dose. (1 grain ~ 65mg)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals