Trouble going off vitamin C

Jennifer

My temps and pulse stayed high for yrs I was on 1 grain of thyroid without any labs or tracking for 1.5 yrs. It was a huge huge huge mistake and I wish I could take it back. By the time I went off the thyroid I was so thin and so stressed and not sleeping with a baby who was also stressed (and at 9 yrs old being diagnosed with ADHD). Honestly there were times I didn't know if I was going to make it. I'd have to get up and take care of my baby after being up every two hrs with adrenaline and feeling like my heart would just stop or I'd collapse.. and I still didn't get any help! And it's had lasting effects still to this day. I don't have near the stress tolerance I had before all that happened. But I have come a long way.

I think one long term chronic condition from that is the skin condition which I think is psoriasis,there's just no way it could be fungal with everything I've tried for it, I've even tried bleach baths I was so desperate for a cure. Right now I'm putting an herbal salve (calendula, comfrey, plantain, licorice) on and it's still the same. Cycling between dry flaky, to raw and itchy. The only time it ever got better was when I was taking retinol palmitate and using a UVB lamp, but then it came back even worse within a week. I haven't eaten liver or used vitamin A since 2018 and nothing much is different. I wish it was the cure, I even tried eliminating dairy for a month but didn't see any difference at all other than maybe higher appetite for other foods. The only thing I haven't tried is maybe a course of low dose steroids to prevent me from scratching it and hope it heals and doesn't come back worse (not much hope in that).

I had suspected based on what you had mentioned that thyroid was actually triggering adrenaline. I’m so sorry you experienced that. It happened to me too when my cholesterol was low, my reverse T3 was high and when I wasn’t eating enough due to the convulsions and syncope episodes. I can totally understand not having the stress tolerance you had before. In regards to your skin condition, besides dairy and liver, have you tried eliminating other foods and/or have you tried an antihistamine? I ask because I get itchy and raw in the same area (from elimination) when I’ve had an allergenic food—for me most honeys and a fair amount of plant foods—as well as other symptoms like the ones I experienced when I was having the adrenaline attacks such as a racing heart/palpitations and shortness of breath. Actually, is vitamin C a natural antihistamine?

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I had suspected based on what you had mentioned that thyroid was actually triggering adrenaline. I’m so sorry you experienced that. It happened to me too when my cholesterol was low, my reverse T3 was high and when I wasn’t eating enough due to the convulsions and syncope episodes. I can totally understand not having the stress tolerance you had before. In regards to your skin condition, besides dairy and liver, have you tried eliminating other foods and/or have you tried an antihistamine? I ask because I get itchy and raw in the same area (from elimination) when I’ve had an allergenic food—for me most honeys and a fair amount of plant foods—as well as other symptoms like the ones I experienced when I was having the adrenaline attacks such as a racing heart/palpitations and shortness of breath. Actually, is vitamin C a natural antihistamine?
Thanks, yeah I need so much more food with metabolic stimulants. Back then I was nursing too so even 3,000 calories didn't seem like enough.

I still need to try eliminating gluten. I never wanted it to be that so I didn't go there lol, but I will give it a fair trial. I was on cyproheptadine for over a yr and no difference in the itching nor when I mega dose the vitamin C which says to me it's something systemic going on which I think is autoimmune. If it's the gluten then that would be an easier fix than changing my immune system.

Jennifer

Thanks, yeah I need so much more food with metabolic stimulants. Back then I was nursing too so even 3,000 calories didn't seem like enough.

I still need to try eliminating gluten. I never wanted it to be that so I didn't go there lol, but I will give it a fair trial. I was on cyproheptadine for over a yr and no difference in the itching nor when I mega dose the vitamin C which says to me it's something systemic going on which I think is autoimmune. If it's the gluten then that would be an easier fix than changing my immune system.

Oh, yeah, I can imagine between thyroid and nursing, how many extra calories you needed. With the amount of calories I need now, it’s a bit scary to think of how many I would need if I were nursing. It would be like refeeding all over again. :dead:

Ah, okay. Haha! Yes, eliminating gluten would be a much easier fix. Though, some of those gluten free products are tough to get down. lol When my family was gluten-free, I used to make bread at home because the ones at the market were like bricks.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Oh, yeah, I can imagine between thyroid and nursing, how many extra calories you needed. With the amount of calories I need now, it’s a bit scary to think of how many I would need if I were nursing. It would be like refeeding all over again. :dead:

Ah, okay. Haha! Yes, eliminating gluten would be a much easier fix. Though, some of those gluten free products are tough to get down. lol When my family was gluten-free, I used to make bread at home because the ones at the market were like bricks.
Yeah I have done gluten free before the rash ever started I was very strict about it, and wouldn't even really consume the gluten free bread products other than one rice flour pancake mix I really liked. I didn't notice any differences on the gluten free diet back then but I was consuming loads of dairy in place of bread and pasta so if I'm sensitive to both then I wouldn't have noticed anything much! Which makes me think I won't now either if I increase dairy consumption as a result of the lower calories, but it's worth it to try.

Jennifer

Yeah I have done gluten free before the rash ever started I was very strict about it, and wouldn't even really consume the gluten free bread products other than one rice flour pancake mix I really liked. I didn't notice any differences on the gluten free diet back then but I was consuming loads of dairy in place of bread and pasta so if I'm sensitive to both then I wouldn't have noticed anything much! Which makes me think I won't now either if I increase dairy consumption as a result of the lower calories, but it's worth it to try.

I think it’s worth a shot, for sure. As much as I like having variety, I do my best healing with an elimination diet. I just finished doing one and was able to resolve some issues I had in less than a week, even ones I hadn’t realized needed resolving. It’s been my go to “fast” for a year and a half now. I even used it when I had the similar skin issue as you and it resolved it within two days.

Gustav3Y

These rashes are no way affected by copper supplementation of maybe even vit A supplementation?
Vit C it is said to reduce copper levels after long time of taking it in decent doses.

SamuraiJack

These rashes are no way affected by copper supplementation of maybe even vit A supplementation?
Vit C it is said to reduce copper levels after long time of taking it in decent doses.
Very true. Surprised no one's mentioned this yet. Ascorbic acid will certainly deplete copper. You'll want to research more into copper and it's deficiency symptoms.

When I've taken too much copper than I need, two things will help. Smoking and or taking a bit of ascorbic acid.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I think it’s worth a shot, for sure. As much as I like having variety, I do my best healing with an elimination diet. I just finished doing one and was able to resolve some issues I had in less than a week, even ones I hadn’t realized needed resolving. It’s been my go to “fast” for a year and a half now. I even used it when I had the similar skin issue as you and it resolved it within two days.
Do you have to stay on the diet for it to stay resolved?

The rash started with an itchy butt crack that I thought was fungal in the summertime, but it never went away no matter what cream or cure I tried. The vitamin C hasn't taken it away either. I did have a fairly high copper diet for a few yrs with Peat, eating liver, chocolate, OJ, and I did experiment with vitamin A supps but never went too high with it. I tried eliminating liver and vita A other than cheese and butter and didn't notice a difference.

Jennifer

Do you have to stay on the diet for it to stay resolved?

Thankfully, no. I’d be miserable if I had to stay on my fasting diet (it’s two liquids) and honestly, wouldn’t consider my issues truly healed. My life is low stress so if I’m experiencing health issues, the majority of the time they’re dietary related and with fasting, I’m able to identify the culprit(s) easily. I’ve experimented with so many ways of eating and taken so many digestive tests that at this point, I know which foods consistently give me the best health overall, but I like to try new foods every now and then for novelty sake and that’s typically when issues arise.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Thankfully, no. I’d be miserable if I had to stay on my fasting diet (it’s two liquids) and honestly, wouldn’t consider my issues truly healed. My life is low stress so if I’m experiencing health issues, the majority of the time they’re dietary related and with fasting, I’m able to identify the culprit(s) easily. I’ve experimented with so many ways of eating and taken so many digestive tests that at this point, I know which foods consistently give me the best health overall, but I like to try new foods every now and then for novelty sake and that’s typically when issues arise.
What liquid do you fast on? Yeah knowing which foods serve you well is great.

Jennifer

What liquid do you fast on? Yeah knowing which foods serve you well is great.

Since reintroducing dairy, I fast on goat’s milk alone or with Thai coconut water and prior to dairy, I fasted on fruit juice or coconut water with a gelatinous broth made from seafood. This last fast was goat’s milk and coconut water.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Since reintroducing dairy, I fast on goat’s milk alone or with Thai coconut water and prior to dairy, I fasted on fruit juice or coconut water with a gelatinous broth made from seafood. This last fast was goat’s milk and coconut water.
I was going to say I've done raw milk fasts when I was sick with a cold and the cold would clear in a day or two, haven't done that in many many years though.

Jennifer

I was going to say I've done raw milk fasts when I was sick with a cold and the cold would clear in a day or two, haven't done that in many many years though.

Nice! I’ve seen a variety of mono diets/fasts help with healing, maybe because they take a burden off digestion, though, if done for too long, I’ve seen (and experienced, personally) them weaken digestion so they’re probably best kept as short fasts.

Jennifer

YourUniverse

mamakitty

There's no need to reply, are your thoughts generally negative? I wonder if vasoconstriction causes negative thinking, or more likely negative thinking causing constriction, and things that dilate (vitamin C) can relieve this burden. I'm a fairly negative thinker.
Wow, that’s very interesting. I have not heard of this hypothesis before. My thinking tends to be negative and I’m very very stress prone. I wonder if I got my health issues because of this. But I’m obese so I feel like all my problems arise from the excessive weight.

Do you think vitamin c can help relax a person and make them focus on positive things too?
I’m always scared of taking C because I feel it increases my bleeding and can also be diarrhetic.

mamakitty

It"s producing less acids from metabolism - relying on oxphos except for some body processes that require glycolysis. Then minimizing supps that are huge acid loads. And avoiding internal bacterial infection, where immune system uses acids to kill bacteria.

On food, you can't avoid meat, even though acidic, as its nutritive value trumps its acidic properties, so you have to also have fruits that are alkaline to balance it out. That's the general idea.
Very succinctly put philosophy on diet. I have always eaten meat my whole life, perhaps too much, definitely too much for a woman. I’m trying so hard to reduce my meat intake but I’m always hungry if I don’t eat meat with starch. Eating any meal without meat leaves me feeling unsatisfied. And just meat and fruit never fills me. Only a combo of starch, meat, and fat fills me and satisfies me and keeps me satirated for hours.

YourUniverse

Wow, that’s very interesting. I have not heard of this hypothesis before. My thinking tends to be negative and I’m very very stress prone. I wonder if I got my health issues because of this. But I’m obese so I feel like all my problems arise from the excessive weight.

Do you think vitamin c can help relax a person and make them focus on positive things too?
I’m always scared of taking C because I feel it increases my bleeding and can also be diarrhetic.
I find it energizes me

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I'm back on 4 grams a day due to a sinus infection and just haven't decreased it again. I don't see any harm from it, I think it helps.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals