Vitamin A Is Toxic?

Peatogenic

I find this very interesting because I've suspected vit A for some time too. My skin problems improve when I avoid foods that contain it. However I'm still not sure about it because there are other factors to consider. Some high A foods also happen to be high in histamines, which I'm almost certain make my seb derm worse. I wouldn't touch liver, it's a histamine bomb. Milk fat is high in vit A but it could be problematic for other reasons like hormones or allergenic proteins. I ate eggs daily for years and at some point they started to make me very tired and sleepy after eating. Could be vitamin A toxicity, could be something else. I'm still trying to figure this out.

Peat has said that eggs are insulinogenic.

Interesting that liver is a histamine bomb....i feel run down after eating as well.

Dave Clark

Interesting that liver is a histamine bomb....i feel run down after eating as well.
Liver is a histamine bomb? I did not know that, in fact I thought since it was high in vitamin A it would work against allergic reactions. But I didn't feel right using liver supplements, and so I decided to get retinol, copper, etc. from other sources. Plus, I heard Peat say not to use the desicated liver supplements anyway, and I am not interested in eating liver, I am one of those people who find the taste unappealing.

Peatogenic

Liver is a histamine bomb? I did not know that, in fact I thought since it was high in vitamin A it would work against allergic reactions. But I didn't feel right using liver supplements, and so I decided to get retinol, copper, etc. from other sources. Plus, I heard Peat say not to use the desicated liver supplements anyway, and I am not interested in eating liver, I am one of those people who find the taste unappealing.

I don't know that it is, but that commenter referenced it as a histamine bomb. It wouldn't surprise me..

liver supplement sound like Rancid City to me.

Also:
BTW, this is all just my opinion, I am not a doctor, and probably 80-90% of the forum members would suggest that you should just take vitamin D and that I am stupid.
mmb82 said:
Taking a vitamin D supplement to raise vitamin D is putting a band-aid on an underlying problem.

no it isnt.please provide proof.Vitamin D3 sup is obligatly necessary without light exposure to UV-B.
please provide proof,you are against the world,a Hunch is not good enough imho.

Retinol is the ONLY Vitamin A that exists.Please no confounding in this thread with unphysiologic Carotene intake,it is in the best interest for all of us.

Fresh beef liver was characterized by pH of 6.71–6.92, TVB-N of 98.58–154.72 mg N/100 g and negative H2S. It contained high levels of spermine (up to 119 mg/kg), and low levels of spermidine, putrescine, tyramine and histamine. Therefore, beef liver constitutes one of the richest dietary source of spermine.

mipp

Organ meats in general are not recommended for people with histamine intolerance, at least according to some sources https://www.histaminintoleranz.ch/downloads/SIGHI-Leaflet_HistamineEliminationDiet.pdf
I think offal spoils quicker than other meats so this could be why. Maybe beef liver is ok when very fresh and raw.

Fresh beef liver was characterized by pH of 6.71–6.92, TVB-N of 98.58–154.72 mg N/100 g and negative H2S. It contained high levels of spermine (up to 119 mg/kg), and low levels of spermidine, putrescine, tyramine and histamine. Therefore, beef liver constitutes one of the richest dietary source of spermine.
and from the same abstract "During pan-roasting at 180 °C for 10 min, the levels of the polyamines increased significantly".
Cooked liver kind of smells bad, doesn't it. That's how I remember it anyway, haven't eaten organ meats in ages because I find them disgusting.

redsun

It isn't, its filled to the brim with copper which breaks down histamine. If it actually raised histamine you would feel the opposite of runned down, you would be more awake and alert.

Dave Clark

liver supplement sound like Rancid City to me.

Also:
BTW, this is all just my opinion, I am not a doctor, and probably 80-90% of the forum members would suggest that you should just take vitamin D and that I am stupid.
mmb82 said:
Taking a vitamin D supplement to raise vitamin D is putting a band-aid on an underlying problem.

no it isnt.please provide proof.Vitamin D3 sup is obligatly necessary without light exposure to UV-B.
please provide proof,you are against the world,a Hunch is not good enough imho.

Retinol is the ONLY Vitamin A that exists.Please no confounding in this thread with unphysiologic Carotene intake,it is in the best interest for all of us.
You may want to check out the Secosteriod Face Book group, and you will get a divergent opinion and science to why oral vitamin D supplementation may not be the answer to health issues, etc. Proof is subjective regardless of who it comes from.

tankasnowgod

You may want to check out the Secosteriod Face Book group, and you will get a divergent opinion and science to why oral vitamin D supplementation may not be the answer to health issues, etc. Proof is subjective regardless of who it comes from.

Facebook Groups have replaced Pubmed as the go to source for medical knowledge, right?

Dave Clark

Facebook Groups have replaced Pubmed as the go to source for medical knowledge, right?
Not necessarily, however, on that FB group Jim Stevenson sites many PubMed articles. So forums have replaced PubMed as the go to source for medical lnowledge, right?

Can you give us quotes that make you think that way? im curious.

Dave Clark

Can you give us quotes that make you think that way? im curious.
Well, actually, it is not that I think a certain way. I found my way to the Secosteroid Hormone D FB group from a reference from Morley Robbin's FB group. Also, to clarify from Tank's post, I am not a cheerleader for FB groups, they can be useful for information just like this forum (not referring to social media, but scientific/health groups). On that group there is in depth information on vitamin D, and why supplementing is not necessary or maybe even dangerous. Not my opinion, theirs. And the information can be very scientific and hard for a novice to even understand in some cases. I think we should all keep an open mind and see what others have to say. For me personally, it is just a gut feeling, but I feel that since food is not a big source of D that perhaps it is not the best way to get it, as designed by nature. And it seems plausible to me that consuming megadoses of vitamin D may imbalance the liver of other nutrients, or cause other problems, since that is not the designed way we are to get the majority of our vitamin/hormone D. And Jim (the admin of the group) has sited studies that show when winter comes and we do not get the sun, the body adapts for the winter to work somehow off of what we have stored. It is technical, and I do not completely understand it. But, they could be wrong, and maybe supplementing is not a problem, however, I want to learn as much as possible. It is also their opinion that low vitamin D is a 'result' of disease, not a cause, and that makes sense to me, since how all of a sudden did everyone become deficient in D, even some of the sun bathers, does not make sense. Right now, I am sticking with nature's design and getting my D from UVB light. When I took four and five digit doses of oral D, I did not feel right, that is why I stopped, but who knows, maybe the high D caused a low retinol, and I needed to adjust that, it gets complex. I keep an open mind to learn more. If you are curious, join that group, they can tell you more than I can.

Last edited:
If you can get Sun-exposure around the year,then go for it.Yes,Vitamin D by mouth is Unphysiologic,the amounts that are necessary arent obtainable per os at all.
A huge but though.You do need it,and even if route of administration is unnatural,it is working effectively.People will get ill without enough D3.
I would like to have a couple of Quotes of the groups you mentioned.

Dave Clark

I am not sure what you want, here are a few articles, however, since this group's admin posts a lot of scientific stuff, if it interests you, you should join it and see if it has anything of interest.

Attachments

• Vitamin D Confusion.pdf
    117.2 KB · Views: 19
  • High-Dose Vitamin D_ No Help for Bone Health _ MedPage Today.PDF
    362.1 KB · Views: 18
Has it to do with the Marshall Protocol?Trevor Marshall? the Vitamin D explanations in regard to inactive and active forms of D are true.
but you still need it,and most people are low because they dont have solar irradiation.

JamesGatz

Last week I had to buy some NEW MILK without vitamin A - usually I always have vitamin A in my milk

Anyway - I felt HORRIBLE going throughout the day without Vitamin A

My nail and hair health DRASTICALLY declined in just a few hours and got a LOT WEAKER

now I'm back incorporating Vitamin A and my nail and hair heath is back to 1000%

Vitamin A makes my lower jaw A LOT stronger as well

When I have a good metabolism my lower jaw is strong

When I'm hypermetabolic or hypometabolic my lower jaw isn't that strong

So yea - useful info to know if you think you may be LOW in vitamin A and your lower jaw isn't looking that strong

Now I see why Ray recommends the carrot salad so strongly

Vitamin A is DEFINITELY NECESSARY

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals