The Milk cure

Jennifer

@Jennifer Maybe there is some truth to the dairy property of being pro IGF1?

I’m not too sure about that. Sorry.

Interesting. He does mention the detoxing, but he does note that it is an "efficient detoxing". Maybe if I pushed through things would've gotten better. I may try it again sometime soon.

Also interesting, he made no mention of raw milk.

Ray said that he thought a week was more than enough time for any experimental diet and that if we aren’t cured in a week, there’s something wrong so if “detox” symptoms don’t resolve in a week of fasting on milk, I would think it’s a sign that milk isn’t well tolerated?

Mossy

Ray said that he thought a week was more than enough time for any experimental diet and that if we aren’t cured in a week, there’s something wrong so if “detox” symptoms don’t resolve in a week of fasting on milk, I would think it’s a sign that milk isn’t well tolerated?
Good Peat reference, and advice. I think that one week timeline makes sense. Strangely, I can tolerate milk in my normal diet, just not as a mono-diet—or so it seems. Apart from the obvious potential for imbalance with a mono-diet (though if any food were balanced it would seem to be milk), I think there is a chance the raw milk was being acclimated to my system and were I to try it again I may have a better result. And I still may add carrot and salt. I could guess these would be quite benign, but purists would probably take away my Milk Diet Merit Badge.

Jennifer

Good Peat reference, and advice. I think that one week timeline makes sense. Strangely, I can tolerate milk in my normal diet, just not as a mono-diet—or so it seems. Apart from the obvious potential for imbalance with a mono-diet (though if any food were balanced it would seem to be milk), I think there is a chance the raw milk was being acclimated to my system and were I to try it again I may have a better result. And I still may add carrot and salt. I could guess these would be quite benign, but purists would probably take away my Milk Diet Merit Badge.

It seems you need fiber to keep things moving? With every milk fast I did, I was supplementing thyroid, which increased my peristalsis without the need for fiber. If you do attempt it again with the addition of carrot and salt, I won’t tell the purists. Anyone who attempts the fast deserves to get their badge. :)

mosaic01

Anyone who attempts the fast deserves to get their badge. :)

Do I get a badge for doing it a long time ago for a month? :D

I did the milk diet 12 years ago, and I didn't notice anything from it, other than saving time for cooking. It felt pretty nice all in all. It was high quality raw organic milk, and the taste was better than any other milk I have tasted, pasteurization really destroys the nuanced taste.

Back then I wrote to Ray Peat asking whether it's too much calcium in relation to magnesium, and he said that it shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:

Mossy

It seems you need fiber to keep things moving? With every milk fast I did, I was supplementing thyroid, which increased my peristalsis without the need for fiber. If you do attempt it again with the addition of carrot and salt, I won’t tell the purists. Anyone who attempts the fast deserves to get their badge. :)
:laughing:🥛:trophy:

Mossy

I did the milk diet 12 years ago, and I didn't notice anything from it, other than saving time for cooking. It felt pretty nice all in all. It was high quality raw organic milk, and the taste was better than any other milk I have tasted, pasteurization really destroys the nuanced taste.

Back then I wrote to Ray Peat asking whether it's too much calcium in relation to magnesium, and he said that it shouldn't be an issue.
You and @Jennifer are pro-level doing this for a month. If I get a badge, you definitely get a badge.

I also noticed the time saving aspect, as well as the quality difference compared to pasteurized. I'm going to attempt to keep the raw milk in my diet, versus pasteurized, though it is almost 5 times the cost.

Last edited:

PopSocket

@sunny, I’m not sure if this is the interview you’re referring to, but in it Ray talked about an all milk diet and mentioned a dog who was put on it after his eye was injured in an attack and his eyeball grew back:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTvB9lDk5PM&t=576s

oh wow I never listened to this story. thanks for posting. I felt Jodelle laugher and amazement in this one :D I am a firm believer that milk mono diet can make the body do some weird ***t. if raw that is and from happy animals.

There is a local goat farmer who sells the best raw goat milk/cleanest product ever, so pure that it does not smell at all and has very little taste which is actually crazy how tasteless it is. He has several people cured of cancer with his product.

Aymen

raw milk is great, i have access to grain fed raw milk and i warm it for 3 minutes and drinking 2 liters of it doesn't make me feel as tired as when i drink 2 liters of UHT milk.

Jennifer

Do I get a badge for doing it a long time ago for a month? :D

You get two badges! 😁

It’s so true about the taste of raw milk versus pasteurized. I average 3–4 liters of milk daily so it’s good to know Ray said that the calcium in relation to magnesium shouldn’t be a problem.

oh wow I never listened to this story. thanks for posting. I felt Jodelle laugher and amazement in this one :D I am a firm believer that milk mono diet can make the body do some weird ***t. if raw that is and from happy animals.

There is a local goat farmer who sells the best raw goat milk/cleanest product ever, so pure that it does not smell at all and has very little taste which is actually crazy how tasteless it is. He has several people cured of cancer with his product.

You’re welcome. :) Your source of goat’s milk sounds amazing! I had a wonderful source too, prior to switching over to cow’s milk.

peter88

I have done the milk cure for 2 weeks a couple times. I am lucky I can get raw milk for $6/gal (just went up from $4) but it is mostly A1 (I think they have 3:1 Holstein Jersey) Anyway sadly, I get acne pretty bad and lots of stomach gurgling and gas that doesn't resolve. i love milk and have no trouble drinking at least a gallon a day from appetite. I enjoy reading about everyone's experiences with this.
What’s your diet like? I think I read you avoid vitamin a?

TradClare

What’s your diet like? I think I read you avoid vitamin a?
Right, I have been avoiding A for awhile. i still offer a little raw milk to my kids - 3/5 like milk, but no longer pack them daily carrots and cheese like i did when they were little.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals