Acid Reflex; Bloodwork results and Nail test results Male 36 YRS

Ilona K.

Hello, I am trying to help my husband with his general health. I have attached the most recent bloodwork, and nail test with Georgi Dinkov lab. He struggles with:

-acid reflex in the day time and very bad in the night time
-Very sensitive to some foods.
-I am wondering if he needs thyroid support.
-sweats very very easily almost all his life. Like his shirt gets super wet in the back area. All doctors don't say anything about it.
-itchy head scalp which he uses a pharmacy shampoo with 2% ketoconazole.
-neck width has always been wider than normal people. He can not button the top button on a dress shirt since childhood.
-he is overweigh; because of desk job ; no physical exercise .
-pain the the right knee from pervious job. 10 years doing shingle roof systems.
-some times gets a bloody nose for no reason
-struggles with headache off in on uses liquid gel Advil and that helps
-not good eyesight -10 nearsightedness but eye are in great condition according to eye doctor.
-some hair loss on top of head beginning

He eats 90% home cooked meals;
at home we cook with only ghee, olive oil, or avocado oil
chicken, oven or in soup
Beef oven or soup
potatoes
cucumbers
bread loves white bread
Pepsi
apple juice
black tea
macaroni
eggs
milk not a lot
hot dog with mayo, ketchup, white bread (yes I know if has pufa)
carrots,
home juice
water tap but with Brita filter
bell peppers
butter
cookies (yes it has some pufa)
baloney meat sandwich
ice cream

Supplements: Magnesium 400mg daily
vitamin D daily
Aspirin 325 mg at night daily
baby aspirin day time

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• CBC and Metabolic Panel oj.JPG
    CBC and Metabolic Panel oj.JPG
    375.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Metabolic Panel lipid theyroid testosterone hemoglobin oj.JPG
    Metabolic Panel lipid theyroid testosterone hemoglobin oj.JPG
    291.8 KB · Views: 46
  • nail test page 1 oj.JPG
    nail test page 1 oj.JPG
    360 KB · Views: 42
  • nail test page 2 oj.JPG
    nail test page 2 oj.JPG
    199.3 KB · Views: 45

Ras

Hello, I am trying to help my husband with his general health. I have attached the most recent bloodwork, and nail test with Georgi Dinkov lab. He struggles with:

-acid reflex in the day time and very bad in the night time
-Very sensitive to some foods.
-I am wondering if he needs thyroid support.
-sweats very very easily almost all his life. Like his shirt gets super wet in the back area. All doctors don't say anything about it.
-itchy head scalp which he uses a pharmacy shampoo with 2% ketoconazole.
-neck width has always been wider than normal people. He can not button the top button on a dress shirt since childhood.
-he is overweigh; because of desk job ; no physical exercise .
-pain the the right knee from pervious job. 10 years doing shingle roof systems.
-some times gets a bloody nose for no reason
-struggles with headache off in on uses liquid gel Advil and that helps
-not good eyesight -10 nearsightedness but eye are in great condition according to eye doctor.
-some hair loss on top of head beginning

He eats 90% home cooked meals;
at home we cook with only ghee, olive oil, or avocado oil
chicken, oven or in soup
Beef oven or soup
potatoes
cucumbers
bread loves white bread
Pepsi
apple juice
black tea
macaroni
eggs
milk not a lot
hot dog with mayo, ketchup, white bread (yes I know if has pufa)
carrots,
home juice
water tap but with Brita filter
bell peppers
butter
cookies (yes it has some pufa)
baloney meat sandwich
ice cream

Supplements: Magnesium 400mg daily
vitamin D daily
Aspirin 325 mg at night daily
baby aspirin day time

Thank you in advance.
Melatonin could help:

L_C

Itchy scalp & some hair loss could be an indicator of gut inflammation. He needs to figure out what foods irritate his gut.

I would drop all that bread, cookies, processed meat (replace with steak, seafood, lamb, chicken) and avocado oil. Or make him homemade bread with either rice or potatoes.

There is also a thread on the forum about how people are loosing weight from eating croissants but who knows....

Acid reflux is usually a sign of low hydrochloric acid (do the research on that).

Also, he might benefit from taking MSM - his sulfur is low.

OP
Ilona K.

Ilona K.

Itchy scalp & some hair loss could be an indicator of gut inflammation. He needs to figure out what foods irritate his gut.

I would drop all that bread, cookies, processed meat (replace with steak, seafood, lamb, chicken) and avocado oil. Or make him homemade bread with either rice or potatoes.

There is also a thread on the forum about how people are loosing weight from eating croissants but who knows....

Acid reflux is usually a sign of low hydrochloric acid (do the research on that).

Also, he might benefit from taking MSM - his sulfur is low.
Thank you for the reply.
I have been giving him 325 mg of aspirin for the low acid issue. So far he is feeling better; sleeping better. The low sulfur you probably mean issues with the liver? And doing more to support the liver.

We are also working on fertility. I am doing my side of health issues. But my doctor reviewed his bloodwork and here is her reply below:

"Cholesterol is high, but the good cholesterol is low (HDL). There appears to be some liver and renal dysfunction/abnormalities. Glucose is high (borderline diabetes). His testosterone is low. This may need to be repeated. If needs treatment, avoid testosterone supplements and consider HCG (testosterone can drop semen parameters, but HCG can help). TSH technically normal, but high end of normal." ___ Napro Fertility's Doctor assessment

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
I have suffered from horrible reflux for years. My reflux is nearly non existent now that I take enzymes with every meal. I’ve tried many enzymes. This one works the best for me. Read the reviews. I take 3 at start of every meal (2-3 times a day). Taking 1-2 did not help as much as 3 helps. I also drink lemon water with most of my meals (to provide good acid for digestion).

Attachments

• C41CA058-126A-4D00-8892-CD651A6BA66B.jpeg
    C41CA058-126A-4D00-8892-CD651A6BA66B.jpeg
    353.5 KB · Views: 9

L_C

Thank you for the reply.
I have been giving him 325 mg of aspirin for the low acid issue. So far he is feeling better; sleeping better. The low sulfur you probably mean issues with the liver? And doing more to support the liver.

We are also working on fertility. I am doing my side of health issues. But my doctor reviewed his bloodwork and here is her reply below:

"Cholesterol is high, but the good cholesterol is low (HDL). There appears to be some liver and renal dysfunction/abnormalities. Glucose is high (borderline diabetes). His testosterone is low. This may need to be repeated. If needs treatment, avoid testosterone supplements and consider HCG (testosterone can drop semen parameters, but HCG can help). TSH technically normal, but high end of normal." ___ Napro Fertility's Doctor assessment
I would not worry about cholesterol for now since his thyroid is not optimal (I think the best TSH is under 2... but there is more to properly testing the thyroid than just looking at TSH). Usually it's thyroid that removes extra cholesterol from the body.

Personally, I would focus on the diet than pumping in bunch of supplements.

OP
Ilona K.

Ilona K.

I have suffered from horrible reflux for years. My reflux is nearly non existent now that I take enzymes with every meal. I’ve tried many enzymes. This one works the best for me. Read the reviews. I take 3 at start of every meal (2-3 times a day). Taking 1-2 did not help as much as 3 helps. I also drink lemon water with most of my meals (to provide good acid for digestion).
Thank you for the reply. I will let him know. Are you able to wean off the supplements? or you always have to take them? Have you tried 325 mg or more of aspirin at night for the reflux?

OP
Ilona K.

Ilona K.

I would not worry about cholesterol for now since his thyroid is not optimal (I think the best TSH is under 2... but there is more to properly testing the thyroid than just looking at TSH). Usually it's thyroid that removes extra cholesterol from the body.

Personally, I would focus on the diet than pumping in bunch of supplements.
Yes I was listening to the Ray Peat talk on thyroid and that is should be closer to TSH of 1. But the range on doctor's bloodwork is very vast. 4 is on the higher end of the range. Would he need a full thyroid panel? I personally take Armour Thyroid. Is that the thyroid med he may also need for the TSH being high?

Changing the diet is technically easier but harder to convince a person who has been used to eating a certain way. But yes, I agree changing the diet is a start.

tallglass13

As you know, His Testosterone is very Low, although his Free T is mid range. His A1C is high, 6.1 is sometimes viewed as Diabetic, not just Pre. I would go for very lean meats with some vegetables for dinners. No more Bolonge. I sometimes use Haidut's Tyronene , one drop on the testicles, and I have seen my Testosterone and DHT shoot up. I think more things with good fiber like apples, and some well cooked bok choy, brocclini, brussels, would help with the Acid reflux, weight, and overall feeling better.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Thank you for the reply. I will let him know. Are you able to wean off the supplements? or you always have to take them? Have you tried 325 mg or more of aspirin at night for the reflux?
Aspirin seems to aggravate my reflux more so I don’t take it. I have not been able to wean off the enzymes.

stoic

Your man's testosterone is absurdly low and urgently needs to be raised if he wants to see long term improvements.

As you know, testosterone is about lifestyle more than anything else, so there are no easy solutions other than to start developing more pro-testosterone habits. Hans's website has some good advice about that.

In the meanwhile, small-dose pansterone + androsterone could start turn things around. I wouldn't personally mess with proestrogenic and dangerous HCG.

As a side note, your caring about your husband's health is laudable and if you approach it positively, I am sure he will come to genuinely appreciate it.

OP
Ilona K.

Ilona K.

Your man's testosterone is absurdly low and urgently needs to be raised if he wants to see long term improvements.

As you know, testosterone is about lifestyle more than anything else, so there are no easy solutions other than to start developing more pro-testosterone habits. Hans's website has some good advice about that.

In the meanwhile, small-dose pansterone + androsterone could start turn things around. I wouldn't personally mess with proestrogenic and dangerous HCG.

As a side note, your caring about your husband's health is laudable and if you approach it positively, I am sure he will come to genuinely appreciate it.
Thanks for the reply and on the supplements. What info do you have on HCG on using for women and men ?

Risingfire

What's his temp and pulse? Thyroid supplementation is most likely appropriate. Also, get in liver and oysters on a weekly basis

ironfist

How old is your husband? Egfr 67 is pretty low.

IANAD:

Creatinine is pretty high therefore egfr is low.

This can be caused by dehydration.

I'd ask the doctor if they're concerned about this level of 67.

stoic

Thanks for the reply and on the supplements. What info do you have on HCG on using for women and men ?
I was interested in it as a possible treatment for my own hormonal issues, so I read plenty of reports from men and the overall picture seems rather bleak, with few successes and worsening health as a frequent result. Even if it were effective, there are plenty of safer strategies to improve hormones; I believe drugs should be a last resort (if that). I have no information on its use for women though, and wouldn't be surprised if it were better tolerated by the gentler sex.

OP
Ilona K.

Ilona K.

I was interested in it as a possible treatment for my own hormonal issues, so I read plenty of reports from men and the overall picture seems rather bleak, with few successes and worsening health as a frequent result. Even if it were effective, there are plenty of safer strategies to improve hormones; I believe drugs should be a last resort (if that). I have no information on its use for women though, and wouldn't be surprised if it were better tolerated by the gentler sex.

The pansterone + androsterone, I looked that on the Idealabs website. Those are two supplements. Is that what you mean or Idealabs mixes the two and sells it in a single bottle. Thanks

stoic

The pansterone + androsterone, I looked that on the Idealabs website. Those are two supplements. Is that what you mean or Idealabs mixes the two and sells it in a single bottle. Thanks
Yes, they are two separate supplements.

Apparently, they seem to give best results when taken in equal amounts.

I have only tried androsterone and can confirm that it is quite powerful – two small drops a day have been more than enough for me to see significant improvements in energy and mood.

I haven't tried the combination with pansterone, but plan to do so fairly soon as I suppose it might be more sustainable as a long-term option.

Still, exogenous hormones are no joke, and can create new problems if one is not careful. As always, prudence is key.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom