Low Toxin Logs Hypervitaminosis A — A Case Study Of Myself

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Upped to 3 x 10 grams of psyllium husk, but spaced away from meals, because I need a lot of fluid with it (8+ oz of water for each dose) and it seems to dilute stomach acid and hinder efficient digestion.

Started with lactoferrin at ~ 30mg yesterday.

P

Peatness

When you were in hospital did your doctors confirm your Vitamin A toxicity with tests?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

When you were in hospital did your doctors confirm your Vitamin A toxicity with tests?
I showed them the lab that I got beforehand and they said it is sufficient for them. They said that ordering that marker again would require an external laboratory to get the blood test again.

They said that it‘s very unusual to see elevated serum vitamin A as it usually is insensitive to mild toxicity except in severe toxicity when the liver no longer is able to store more vitamin A.

P

Peatness

I showed them the lab that I got beforehand and they said it is sufficient for them. They said that ordering that marker again would require an external laboratory to get the blood test again.

They said that it‘s very unusual to see elevated serum vitamin A as it usually is insensitive to mild toxicity except in severe toxicity when the liver no longer is able to store more vitamin A.
Thanks, which labs were they? I may need to test

Orion

Upped to 3 x 10 grams of psyllium husk, but spaced away from meals, because I need a lot of fluid with it (8+ oz of water for each dose) and it seems to dilute stomach acid and hinder efficient digestion.

Started with lactoferrin at ~ 30mg yesterday.

When I tested with psyllium it gave me insomnia. Seems that it could bind up lots of usable calories needed for good sleep, something to keep in mind.

Gustav3Y

For my vitamin tests it is only B6 that comes higher than the top lab level.
Neuropathy, dermatoses, photosensitivity, dizziness, and nausea are associated with very high circulating B6.
Considering I am not supplementing it or supplemented, does not quite make sense at first thought.
There was no liver disease at the time of testing so it can't be because of that.

It is something one should be careful about, there is the inherent belief that B6 not being fat soluble you can't actually accumulate to high levels.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

For my vitamin tests it is only B6 that comes higher than the top lab level.
Neuropathy, dermatoses, photosensitivity, dizziness, and nausea are associated with very high circulating B6.
Considering I am not supplementing it or supplemented, does not quite make sense at first thought.
There was no liver disease at the time of testing so it can't be because of that.

It is something one should be careful about, there is the inherent belief that B6 not being fat soluble you can't actually accumulate to high levels.

„The only well-established human vitamin neurotoxic effects are those due to hypervitaminosis A (pseudotumor cerebri) and pyridoxine (sensory neuropathy).“

Vitamin neurotoxicity - PubMed

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Things are going well.

Mixing the psyllium husk, drinking it and always spacing it apart from meals, three times a day became a bit tiring to me - so not continuing on that, but nice to have it on hand.

I continue with just eating soluble fiber through cooked oatmeal and all kinds of legumes. I tried a lot different kinds and discovered my favorite legume: black eyed peas (taste absolutely astonishing and no flatulence or digestive upset!)

Supplemental wise, I am just using some magnesium here and there, because it helps with keeping the bowel movement frequency up. (I ideally aim for 2-3 a day)

Lactoferrin is doing me good I think. I noticed that my stool is really brown again since using it. Beforehand it was kind of pale. Dr. Garett Smith said that brown color is a sign of bile in the stool and that pale stool can be indicative of low amounts of bile in the stool.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

6 months into vitamin A detox my serum retinol is now even higher than before at 108 mcg/dl.

Lots of it stored in the liver!!

P

Peatness

@youngsinatra how are you getting on with telmisartan? Are you noticing any changes in bile flow?

Last edited by a moderator:

GreekDemiGod

I think so too. I know too many who follow the RCP and don‘t see reversal of health issues and end up with further deterioration, especially psychological issues. The high copper diet really mess up your psyché.
If I'm not mistaken, Morley is against synthetic Vitamin A/ Retinyl acetate supplementation and considers it toxic. Looks like you reached the same conclusion the hard way.

GreekDemiGod

Interested in your experiments with love your liver program. I binge watched some of his YouTube streams and he said that going all in too quickly can really make you feel like death. So if you do get unbearable symptoms try going slower.
How to ensure a gentle detoxing?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals