Low Toxin Logs Hypervitaminosis A — A Case Study Of Myself

P

Peatness

What was behind your decision to us ramipril? Dr Peat has shown preference for angiotensin receptor blockers like losartan and telmisartan.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

What was behind your decision to us ramipril? Dr Peat has shown preference for angiotensin receptor blockers like losartan and telmisartan.
My doctor said it‘s firstline treatment for hypertension and I should try it first.

aniciete

Currently eating lots of soluble fiber and actually feeling great with it. I feel like my gut flora is adapting to it and I surprisingly don‘t have digestive irritation from it - maybe a bit more farting, but this is to be expected if your gut flora adapted to a low fiber for so long.
But I am happy for having 3-4 great bowel movements a day currently. Pooping regularly is the most important for detoxification.

I am eating lots of basmati rice, organic black beans and lean beef. I also enjoy cooked oatmeal with low vitamin A fruits like peeled apples, kiwis, bananas, blueberries.

Supplement-wise I currently only use NAC (3x800mg), CDP-choline (2x1g) and magnesium (dosed to bowel tolerance) regularly. Here and there some B vitamins.
No fat-soluble‘s for now. Will wait 1-2 months to let my vitamin D drop to 50ng/ml, then continue with a maintenance dose.
What form of magnesium are you using? Still glycinate?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

B789744D-FC13-45CA-BEA5-F6DC160EAF51.jpeg

Went into the hospital, because of weird liver pains since yesterday night and yellow hands.

Got blood drawn and I got an ultrasound of the liver - she said it‘s looking normal, but she wants to do an CT and maybe even a liver biopsy. She said she is not that confident in ultrasound as a diagnostic for liver issues.

I will go stationary on monday until wednesday next week. Will get extensive liver diagnostics and also kidney screening and blood tests for hormones for the blood pressure issue.

Interestingly TSH dropped from 3.5 to 1.5 in two weeks.

Last edited:
P

Peatness

The treatment for Vitamin A toxicity is withdrawal of vitamin A for a time. It takes months to resolve. Dr Peat has spoken of the effectiveness of ultra sound as a diagnostic tool. It is safe unlike Ct scans which are very dangerous and you are likely to cause stress to the liver by having one. A liver biopsy is also invasive. As someone who underwent lots of diagnostic procedures which almost always revealed nothing but caused further health problems for me, I suggest approaching this cautiously. Unless you are a heavy alcohol user I see no reason for the amount of vitamin A you took to cause long term liver problems.

zwez

View attachment 31482

Went into the hospital, because of weird liver pains since yesterday night and yellow hands.

Got blood drawn and I got an ultrasound of the liver - she said it‘s looking normal, but she wants to do an CT and maybe even a liver biopsy. She said she is not that confident in ultrasound as a diagnostic for liver issues.

I will go stationary on monday until wednesday next week. Will get extensive liver diagnostics and also kidney screening and blood tests for hormones for the blood pressure issue.

Antioxidants like NAC can cause reductive stress, the opposite of what you want. Since it's obvious you damaged your health somehow, i would suggest you stop taking all supplements, period.
In summary, these results suggest that chronic antioxidant supplementation can produce a paradoxical increase in oxidative stress associated with mitochondrial dysfunction in adipocytes.

aliml

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Antioxidants like NAC can cause reductive stress, the opposite of what you want. Since it's obvious you damaged your health somehow, i would suggest you stop taking all supplements, period.
Yes. I actually stopped nearly all supplements for a week now. I ran out of NAC and my orders have been canceled by Amazon, so that might be a sign of the universe to stop it.

I actually stopped my BP med on monday because the side effects were just too bad on my mental state. Felt like having dementia on it - confusion, hard time structuring sentences and extreme fatigue.

Since a week now my blood pressure got even better and is around 125/75 for the last 5-6 days, quite perfect. Maybe the supplements actually contributed to the BP problem.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I think it may have dropped because I switched from using iodized salt to unrefined sea salt the last 2 weeks. I have quite a large taste for salt so I may have consumed upwards to 600-1000 mcg of iodine through salt beforehand.

redsun

Yes. I actually stopped nearly all supplements for a week now. I ran out of NAC and my orders have been canceled by Amazon, so that might be a sign of the universe to stop it.

I actually stopped my BP med on monday because the side effects were just too bad on my mental state. Felt like having dementia on it - confusion, hard time structuring sentences and extreme fatigue.

Since a week now my blood pressure got even better and is around 125/75 for the last 5-6 days, quite perfect. Maybe the supplements actually contributed to the BP problem.
Some definitely can and high amounts of iodine could easily do it as well. I had to switch off from iodized as I also consumed quite a bit of salt.

Thats great that your BP is a lot better. Those symptoms sound close to hyponatremia which is not a shock since your aldosterone levels drop from this medication.

Last edited:
OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Some definitely can and high amounts of iodine could easily do it as well. I had to switch off from iodized as I also consumed quite a bit of salt.

Thats great that your BP is a lot better. Those symptoms sound close to hyponatremia which is not a shock since your aldosterone levels drop from this medication.
I actually have a strong craving and tolerance to salt. I can eat 20-40g salt easily.

I am now in the local hospital. Got CT scan of the lung and abdominals. Will get MRI of liver and kidney as well. Lots of blood work and urine testing for catecholamines and stress hormones.

Dr. B

iodine causes high blood pressure?

I actually have a strong craving and tolerance to salt. I can eat 20-40g salt easily.

I am now in the local hospital. Got CT scan of the lung and abdominals. Will get MRI of liver and kidney as well. Lots of blood work and urine testing for catecholamines and stress hormones.

CT scan is apparently like thousands of xrays worth of radiation isnt it

interesting, what do you think of quinones like thymoquinone in black seed, or PQQ. is 20mg of PQQ and 500mg vitamin C (quali C ascorbic acid) once a week safe, and what about 20mg policosanols, 200mg caffeine, 10000 IU vitamin d3, and 500mg nigella sativa oil taken daily!

redsun

iodine causes high blood pressure?

CT scan is apparently like thousands of xrays worth of radiation isnt it

interesting, what do you think of quinones like thymoquinone in black seed, or PQQ. is 20mg of PQQ and 500mg vitamin C (quali C ascorbic acid) once a week safe, and what about 20mg policosanols, 200mg caffeine, 10000 IU vitamin d3, and 500mg nigella sativa oil taken daily!

High amounts of iodine can dysregulate thyroid hormone, usually elevating it too much to a hyperthyroid level, leading to high blood pressure.

K

Kaur Singh

My doctor said it‘s firstline treatment for hypertension and I should try it first.

I read an article written by a doctor for doctors. I wish I could remember and link it to you.
There are different reasons for high BP.
There are different types of medicines for BP.

From what I remember, for example, is some have high renin.
So the meds that act on that system, work better for them.

Etc.

So the smart thing to do, is a bit more of further testing, like renin
to determine which med is best.

The approach your doctor took - this is the first line of treatment, so this is what you get -
is silly.
it's like throwing things blindfolded and seeing which one will stick.

And also -
have you looked around what Peat says about high BP?
If it is from a supp you are taking - great, you figured that out.
If not, I recall a podcast where he talked about the different things you can try.
A little progesterone was one of them.

skuabird

This may be completely unrelated...

I had a lot of problems at the beginning of this year, eventually went to the dr. and was diagnosed with hypertension. Before this year, drs would always comment on my low bp and hr. I think it was after a covid exposure that this developed. It took about 6 months to start passing, and now at 12 months I'm almost back to normal (my bp rarely is high).

I talked to my mom recently who also always had bp on the lower end and who also suddenly has high bp and bad vertigo. My suspicion is it has to do with the vaxx, vaxx shedding and/or covid itself.

Maybe it has something to do with the ace2 receptor being f'ed with, and maybe certain genetics.

Edit: I should say, after my health crisis I went from carnivore diet to Ray Peat inspired and also have tried a lot of supplements mentioned in the forums since. I am on NDT now, take progesterone, some pregnanalone, tried black cumin seed, tonic waters, methylene blue, have tried wormwood, NAC, ivm, antihistamines, most b vitamins in high amounts (I think niacinamide was stealing methyl groups so I stopped taking in by itself)- nothing has really made a noticeable effect- the bp fluctuations just come and go on their own but have gotten less and less severe. I also seem to have a hard time with oxalates and some of my problems seem to be kidney stone related (could be effecting BP)

Last edited:
OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Update from the hospital:

They did not do CT because of radiation concerns.

I am now here since Monday and I got an MRI of my liver and kidneys. Both are totally normal. Also gave a 24h urine collection for analysis. Today I got a ultrasound of my heart and the cardiologist said that my heart is eccentrically hypertrophied and need further MRI of my heart. He said it could be a recovering myocarditis from the last months. (maybe COVID-infection related?)
Blood work is in the making.

Last edited:

Dr. B

This may be completely unrelated...

I had a lot of problems at the beginning of this year, eventually went to the dr. and was diagnosed with hypertension. Before this year, drs would always comment on my low bp and hr. I think it was after a covid exposure that this developed. It took about 6 months to start passing, and now at 12 months I'm almost back to normal (my bp rarely is high).

I talked to my mom recently who also always had bp on the lower end and who also suddenly has high bp and bad vertigo. My suspicion is it has to do with the vaxx, vaxx shedding and/or covid itself.

Maybe it has something to do with the ace2 receptor being f'ed with, and maybe certain genetics.

Edit: I should say, after my health crisis I went from carnivore diet to Ray Peat inspired and also have tried a lot of supplements mentioned in the forums since. I am on NDT now, take progesterone, some pregnanalone, tried black cumin seed, tonic waters, methylene blue, have tried wormwood, NAC, ivm, antihistamines, most b vitamins in high amounts (I think niacinamide was stealing methyl groups so I stopped taking in by itself)- nothing has really made a noticeable effect- the bp fluctuations just come and go on their own but have gotten less and less severe. I also seem to have a hard time with oxalates and some of my problems seem to be kidney stone related (could be effecting BP)
which brand of NDT, how much progesterone, pregnenolone, methylene blue daily
have you gained weight since starting this regimen, are all those different chemicals/supplements helping

skuabird

which brand of NDT, how much progesterone, pregnenolone, methylene blue daily
have you gained weight since starting this regimen, are all those different chemicals/supplements helping
My health problems occured before I switched diets and tried supplements, but really the bouts came and went regardless. (I have that skuabird health problems log- we've talked before). I was taking lifegiving ndt, switched to forefront. The only thing I haven't documented yet is methylene blue which I tried very recently. I'm still experimenting on dosage.

I gained a lot of weight. And i was completely exercise intolerant. One time I forced a worked out with kettlebells and I had purpura all over my arms. I also bled clots (nose bleeds, menses) for a couple weeks. Like I said it took 6 months to start recovering (bouts of breathlessness, feeling cold and severe fatigue), Im still not 100%. Lingering fatigue, exercise intolerance and sleeping problems.

I'm pretty convinced this is all covid related or something adjacent

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals