Before and After (2 months): Vitamin D Status

Santi

Hello, first post. As a brief introduction, I am a practitioner and work with people to improve health/lifestyle. My objective is to share with you some case studies, as I am a big believer in testing before supplementing to assess starting point and then doing follow up tests to monitor. I try to be as detailed as possible yet I omit certain things which seem less important. If something is missing or is of interest to you, don't hesitate to ask since I might have the information.

Ray Peat's perspectives have profoundly helped me with my health and that of the people I work with.

Now, to this brief case study.

Subject: Male, 25 years old (Europe). Around 190cm tall, 80kg. No particular diet. He wanted to improve immunity at the onset of winter due to a history of weak immune system. Very limited money for testing.

Test 22/11/2021:
- Vitamin D3 (25 OH) 32.2 ng/ml

Test 17/02/2022 (2 months after approx.):
- Vitamin D3 (25 OH) 43.5 ng/ml

Protocol (8 week duration):
- Thorne Vitamin D3/K2 8 drops daily, with breakfast. 4000UI D3 and 800mcg K2
- Thorne zinc picolinate 15mg daily, with dinner.

Note: Zinc was added after analyzing his diet and due to the fact that he was not interested in dietary changes. Dose recommended is related to lack of testing, as a way to prevent a notable deficit. Mind you, UV Index was barely 1 in a sunny day at midday.
Anecdotal: no cases of flu-like symptoms for the first time in years (his words, always take this cautiously)

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Thanks for sharing. I think the vitamin D dose was very reasonable.

Vins7

Why a supplement of drops and pill?
I find it very interesting and inspiring that you show this type of cases where you explain the treatment with supplements and the result.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals