Low Toxin Logs InChristAlone's log

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Not to veer off-topic, but why exactly is coffee off the list on the low-toxin diet?
Coffee is very yang, so it can work for some people (especially on a Ray Peat diet of yin foods). But we have to be honest about the use of stimulants. We should minimize them if we want to be really healthy.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Does zinc lower cortisol? I took some today at about 2 and I've wanted to just go to sleep ever since. Like really sleepy. I was already a bit sleepy today, but wow! I used to only take it before bed, but I was thinking well if it does stir up copper I didn't want to disturb my sleep, but I think I will only take it before bed now.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Forum is slow today so I thought I'd make an update.
Doing well. Been kinda tired lately, but I think I ovulated really well this month and progesterone tends to make me tired, like feeling pregnant lol.

So 12 days ago I switched the niacin spray to just niacin and potassium because I was wondering if the magnesium was messing with my sleep, I did sleep overall a little better, but my buttcrack wasn't really getting much better, it was still doing well, but not continuing to go away. So I switched back to the regular niacin plus potassium and mag and used that yesterday and today, it definitely 'feels' like it is doing something, I was thinking maybe the mag hydroxide is oxidizing whatever it is in my skin? But zinc oxide never worked, so I don't know. We will see if it starts going away again. This is 7 yrs worth of damage to my skin so I don't expect overnight results.

I also have been thinking about something I read in regards to psoriasis (I don't know if I have it or not), they have shown that patients with it actually have depressed levels of cortisol, that kinda seems like me because it started after I went through a pretty severe burnout. And a very high sugar diet which greatly depresses receptors leading to overall lowering stress tolerance over time, more autoimmunity, chronic fatigue and such. Well my buttcrack looked the best when I was the strictest with my diet. Very little sugar, mostly starch and protein. But I started having sugar cravings pretty bad so I have been eating like over a .5 cup of dried cranberries everyday for the last week and feeling like I am messing things up again. Although I do have very little swelling right now, I had been getting some puffiness in my toes and eyes when I woke up. Anyway, so I will try to be strict off the sugar again. I guess my body was so accustomed to fructose as it doesn't need insulin, it's going to take effort to get my insulin working well again.

I was also thinking last night how I always thought I was orthorexic so I followed a lot of eating disorder recovery stuff as my appetite was so low, I could go for hours and not even care to prepare myself a meal. I'd eat like a cheese stick and applesauce vs cooking for myself. I did try to make myself breakfast but eating has always been an issue for me, I definitely preferred processed food since my burnout, so things like bagels and cream cheese were part of my diet, ice cream was practically a meal for me though I never went above 6 ounces a day. I thought I was doing the right thing not restricting myself, but my digestion just kept getting worse.

So I think that the diet recovery people say to eat whatever you want because you will survive doing that vs being anorexic and dying at 40. You may even be happy doing that, but it doesn't promote health, the people who recovered eating junk food are usually young and have good metabolisms, they end up dropping the weight they gain and start eating some more healthier options without going back to being anorexic. But the groups I was in with people stuffing their faces with pizza and ice cream all had severe health problems, insulin resistance massive weight gain you name it. They are alive, but suffering. So the eat whatever you want diet is basically a long slow death.

I don't think I ever had an eating disorder, I just had bad digestion and low cortisol from overfeeding sugar (seriously thought I was going to die at one point). Now that I'm cutting back on the saturated fats and eating more whole grains and beans, my appetite is waking up! LOL! they told me if I ate whatever I wanted my appetite would come back, it never did! Butter cream and oily foods are so satiating I had a very poor appetite. Beef beans and rice digest so easily I'm actually wanting to eat more. And not dealing with acid reflux and food sitting around. I guess my gallbladder took a beating on the high sugar and fat diet.

I'm convinced now, lower fat, higher starch and protein is the way to healing for me. Now I need to be able to not eat 2 lbs of dried cranberries in a week!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I was also thinking last night how I always thought I was orthorexic so I followed a lot of eating disorder recovery stuff as my appetite was so low,
I can definitely relate.
I don't think I ever had an eating disorder, I just had bad digestion and low cortisol from overfeeding sugar (seriously thought I was going to die at one point).
Same for me.
But the groups I was in with people stuffing their faces with pizza and ice cream all had severe health problems, insulin resistance massive weight gain you name it. They are alive, but suffering. So the eat whatever you want diet is basically a long slow death.
Yes!
Now that I'm cutting back on the saturated fats and eating more whole grains and beans, my appetite is waking up! LOL! they told me if I ate whatever I wanted my appetite would come back, it never did!
Yay! I’m so glad you are getting your appetite back!

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

BRENBAIL

Forum Supporter
Forum is slow today so I thought I'd make an update.
Doing well. Been kinda tired lately, but I think I ovulated really well this month and progesterone tends to make me tired, like feeling pregnant lol.

So 12 days ago I switched the niacin spray to just niacin and potassium because I was wondering if the magnesium was messing with my sleep, I did sleep overall a little better, but my buttcrack wasn't really getting much better, it was still doing well, but not continuing to go away. So I switched back to the regular niacin plus potassium and mag and used that yesterday and today, it definitely 'feels' like it is doing something, I was thinking maybe the mag hydroxide is oxidizing whatever it is in my skin? But zinc oxide never worked, so I don't know. We will see if it starts going away again. This is 7 yrs worth of damage to my skin so I don't expect overnight results.

I also have been thinking about something I read in regards to psoriasis (I don't know if I have it or not), they have shown that patients with it actually have depressed levels of cortisol, that kinda seems like me because it started after I went through a pretty severe burnout. And a very high sugar diet which greatly depresses receptors leading to overall lowering stress tolerance over time, more autoimmunity, chronic fatigue and such. Well my buttcrack looked the best when I was the strictest with my diet. Very little sugar, mostly starch and protein. But I started having sugar cravings pretty bad so I have been eating like over a .5 cup of dried cranberries everyday for the last week and feeling like I am messing things up again. Although I do have very little swelling right now, I had been getting some puffiness in my toes and eyes when I woke up. Anyway, so I will try to be strict off the sugar again. I guess my body was so accustomed to fructose as it doesn't need insulin, it's going to take effort to get my insulin working well again.

I was also thinking last night how I always thought I was orthorexic so I followed a lot of eating disorder recovery stuff as my appetite was so low, I could go for hours and not even care to prepare myself a meal. I'd eat like a cheese stick and applesauce vs cooking for myself. I did try to make myself breakfast but eating has always been an issue for me, I definitely preferred processed food since my burnout, so things like bagels and cream cheese were part of my diet, ice cream was practically a meal for me though I never went above 6 ounces a day. I thought I was doing the right thing not restricting myself, but my digestion just kept getting worse.

So I think that the diet recovery people say to eat whatever you want because you will survive doing that vs being anorexic and dying at 40. You may even be happy doing that, but it doesn't promote health, the people who recovered eating junk food are usually young and have good metabolisms, they end up dropping the weight they gain and start eating some more healthier options without going back to being anorexic. But the groups I was in with people stuffing their faces with pizza and ice cream all had severe health problems, insulin resistance massive weight gain you name it. They are alive, but suffering. So the eat whatever you want diet is basically a long slow death.

I don't think I ever had an eating disorder, I just had bad digestion and low cortisol from overfeeding sugar (seriously thought I was going to die at one point). Now that I'm cutting back on the saturated fats and eating more whole grains and beans, my appetite is waking up! LOL! they told me if I ate whatever I wanted my appetite would come back, it never did! Butter cream and oily foods are so satiating I had a very poor appetite. Beef beans and rice digest so easily I'm actually wanting to eat more. And not dealing with acid reflux and food sitting around. I guess my gallbladder took a beating on the high sugar and fat diet.

I'm convinced now, lower fat, higher starch and protein is the way to healing for me. Now I need to be able to not eat 2 lbs of dried cranberries in a week!
Thanks for sharing your journey with us. You have such great insight!

I did suffer from an eating disorder in my 20's, so I relate to the 'orthorexia' and then the messages of 'all foods are good in moderation' jargon. I've come to realize certain truths: not all products/ingredients on the market are 'real food' so McDonalds and donuts do not apply to that statement, and it's our intentions that create order or disorder. Now I'm eating healthy because I love myself now and want to do good for my body, not because I hate myself and will only like it after my body is 'perfect/healthy'. That is such a big difference!
I'm modeling this after Jesus: He loves me despite my failings, so if He can love me then I can love me too! These truths helps fuel this journey to better health.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've come to realize certain truths: not all products/ingredients on the market are 'real food' so McDonalds and donuts do not apply to that statement, and it's our intentions that create order or disorder. Now I'm eating healthy because I love myself now and want to do good for my body, not because I hate myself and will only like it after my body is 'perfect/healthy'. That is such a big difference!
I'm modeling this after Jesus: He loves me despite my failings, so if He can love me then I can love me too! These truths helps fuel this journey to better health.
Well said!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals