Ultra low fat diet experiment || My 10 day experience

S

shucknchuck

@shucknchuck Were you taking a pure cholesterol supplement? May I know the brand and what effects have you had on a hormonal level?
in my last iteration yes, a pure food grade, zero calorie cholesterol supplement. It was from justsupplements. They have a presence here on this forum.

I didn't study hormonal effects, but I had no mental effects this time. Just occasional low energy. That was about a week.

Theoretically yes, the lipogenesis from sugar should cover fat needs, but I found that to be inadequate, just based on emotional/mental feedback.

Roni123@

@Hans have you tried a diet with high insulin-raising foods (potatoes, rice, just starches in general) and very low fat? consuming a lot of hill this has worked well for me, but it requires an adaptation period

Jennifer

Holy Cows Sounds familiar! Your kaleidoscope of combinations is interesting.

Above all, I can hardly get enough simple carbs. and the worst thing 4me is Meat & Starch after exercise. To keep from almost passing out, I found Consuming juice prior, and reducing the amount of M&S or better yet, Changing the protein to LF Milk w/Gelatin and More Simple Carbs keeps me steady. Then later that night I can handle some starch w/ butter. Ive always had Low Cholesterol I found records of since i was 17.

Same here. :)

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans have you tried a diet with high insulin-raising foods (potatoes, rice, just starches in general) and very low fat? consuming a lot of hill this has worked well for me, but it requires an adaptation period
Milk, rice and egg white are very insulinogenic, which I had a lot of. But yeah, didn't work.

Roni123@

Milk, rice and egg white are very insulinogenic, which I had a lot of. But yeah, didn't work.
How strange, but shouldn't this force the reduction of adrenaline and free acids in the blood and put glucose into the cells, enhancing the energy action? insulin should stimulate the creation of liver glycogen

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
How strange, but shouldn't this force the reduction of adrenaline and free acids in the blood and put glucose into the cells, enhancing the energy action? insulin should stimulate the creation of liver glycogen
It should yes, but I think people (I used to too) underestimate the benefits and effects of fat. Fat has been demonized a lot on this forum and I feel it's unjustified. Fat clearly has anti-cortisol effects, improves satiety, energy, bowel health, recovery, and much more. Plus it makes food taste great.

youngsinatra

We should also keep in mind that Ray originally recommended equal macro splits (33% F/33% C/33%P)

S

shucknchuck

It should yes, but I think people (I used to too) underestimate the benefits and effects of fat. Fat has been demonized a lot on this forum and I feel it's unjustified. Fat clearly has anti-cortisol effects, improves satiety, energy, bowel health, recovery, and much more. Plus it makes food taste great.
yeah bro check out this high fat diet I found theres a whole lotta research and a whole lotta success stories growing hair back losing weight feeling great in the summer sun fixed stage 5 cancer its called keto1!!

Roni123@

Deveria sim, mas acho que as pessoas (eu também) subestimam os benefícios e efeitos da gordura. A gordura tem sido muito demonizada neste fórum e eu sinto que é injustificado. A gordura claramente tem efeitos anticortisol, melhora a saciedade, energia, saúde intestinal, recuperação e muito mais. Além disso, torna a comida saborosa.
reallyyy

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@shucknchuck @Roni123@
Me: Fat has benefits
Your interpretation: We should all go keto!!!!
Block of butter for me tomorrow for breakfast!!

exile

Is cheese like Parmesan Reggiano insulinogenic? Thanks for this write up of your experiment, enjoyed it.

Jamsey

I also tried ultra low fat and found it very tough on the gut. Also found that my stress tolerance decreased, as I began experiencing adrenaline rushes during previously manageable higher stress situations. I think this has to do with worse blood sugar control. Definitely feel better with higher saturated fat intake

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Is cheese like Parmesan Reggiano insulinogenic? Thanks for this write up of your experiment, enjoyed it.
Thanks for reading. No cheese isn't, I think it's specific to lactose.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I also tried ultra low fat and found it very tough on the gut. Also found that my stress tolerance decreased, as I began experiencing adrenaline rushes during previously manageable higher stress situations. I think this has to do with worse blood sugar control. Definitely feel better with higher saturated fat intake
Yes I've felt the same. What is your main source of fat?

S

shucknchuck

@shucknchuck @Roni123@
(sorry i was joking about people's propensity to swing from one extreme to another. not mocking you, I have similar experiences with fat and personally consume something like 3:3:3)

bro have you heard of gluconeogenesis?? we can get all the glucose we need from protein!

Roni123@

@shucknchuck @Roni123@
no Hans keto killed me for years lol but strangely, I am reaping the benefits of a low-fat, high-carb diet my hunger increased a lot and my intestines improved a lot too, but I'll try some more time, and it's really true, low fat increases fat burning a lot, I got very thin

Jamsey

Yes I've felt the same. What is your main source of fat?
About half milk fat half coconut oil at this point. I’ve tried cocoa butter but don’t seem to absorb it well, so I generally avoid it outside of the occasional chocolate.

Jonk

I get the feeling you can't really know what ratio of macros suits you before you try them. If you're sick in any way way maybe higher carb super low fat is necessary to sort of jumpstart the system back online. And this might need to be adjusted rather quickly, listening to cravings, hunger, energy levels etc. Just being "brave" enough to try different things out feels helpful. Same thing with low protein. If you have digestive issues or health issues why not try it out, even if it's only for a few days.

David PS

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals