Diet Experiment: Protein Shakes, Sugar And Salt Only

Soren

Thinking about a PUFA depletion/fat loss protocol where I have no fat days where I eat only casein protein, collagen, salt and sugar.

Basically will be pre-workout shake of hydrolyzed casein and highly branched cyclic dextrin.

Then every two hours 20 grams of casein protein and 10 grams of collagen with sugar or ground oats.

I'm not sure what amount of sugar to go with.
Anyone have any experience with ultra low fat diets/PUFA depletion.

boris

Make sure to protect yourself with vitamin E and maybe aspirin during PUFA depletion.

Other than that Peat always recommends 2:1 4:1 or even higher like 8:1 carbs:protein. You will eventually dial in a good ratio that doesn‘t make you hypoglycemic. I think a ratio that makes you feel good will be different for everyone and probably even change with time.

Soren

Make sure to protect yourself with vitamin E and maybe aspirin during PUFA depletion.

Other than that Peat always recommends 2:1 4:1 or even higher like 8:1 carbs:protein. You will eventually dial in a good ratio that doesn‘t make you hypoglycemic. I think a ratio that makes you feel good will be different for everyone and probably even change with time.

Thanks Boris have a few bottles of tocovit(vitamin e) , aspirin, niacinamide and mitolipin. Not really sure what a food dosage protocol would be.

Right now I'm thinking 500mg of aspirin, 500mg niacinamide and 2250 IU of vitamin E spaced out throughout the day

redsun

Thinking about a PUFA depletion/fat loss protocol where I have no fat days where I eat only casein protein, collagen, salt and sugar.

Basically will be pre-workout shake of hydrolyzed casein and highly branched cyclic dextrin.

Then every two hours 20 grams of casein protein and 10 grams of collagen with sugar or ground oats.

I'm not sure what amount of sugar to go with.
Anyone have any experience with ultra low fat diets/PUFA depletion.

Bad idea. You are basically trying to live off powders, recipe for ******* yourself up royally with nutrient deficiencies. It can be done with just skim milk with some kind of sugars for added carbs and salt to craving. And you would have to supplement the things skim milk lacks. At least the skim milk will cover most nutrients while casein powder loses a lot due to processing.

boris

Thanks Boris have a few bottles of tocovit(vitamin e) , aspirin, niacinamide and mitolipin. Not really sure what a food dosage protocol would be.

Right now I'm thinking 500mg of aspirin, 500mg niacinamide and 2250 IU of vitamin E spaced out throughout the day

Isn’t that a massive amount of E, potentially depleting other vitamins/minerals? I think 100-200 IU vitamin E would be enough.

Soren

Bad idea. You are basically trying to live off powders, recipe for ******* yourself up royally with nutrient deficiencies. It can be done with just skim milk with some kind of sugars for added carbs and salt to craving. And you would have to supplement the things skim milk lacks. At least the skim milk will cover most nutrients while casein powder loses a lot due to processing.

The idea is to do it for a short period two weeks or so. Or say five days a week and then refuel with nutrient dense good on the weekends. I might supplement with some liver capsules in order to fill the nutrient gap.

I don't respond well to skimmed milk gives me acne. Semi skimmed or full fat no problems. What nutrients does casein lose due to processing? Still loads of calcium in casein powder.

Soren

Isn’t that a massive amount of E, potentially depleting other vitamins/minerals? I think 100-200 IU vitamin E would be enough.

Well the idea with the high dose is to counteract the negative effect from the release of the stored up PUFA that will result from the zero Fat diet.

Its one of the things I'm not sure about I see a lot of varying opinions in terms of how much vitamin E one should take.
Also if I'm supplementing with liver capsules I'm hoping that will be enough to counter the nutrient deficiency.

berk

Make sure to protect yourself with vitamin E

quality of modern vitamin E supplements isn't good enough, and that people with a low PUFA diet need very little vitamin E, I dont take vit E. RP

boris

But OP is talking about depleting it quick and in that context Peat always recommends to take E to protect yourself from the damage.

Also in recent years there are some good E supplements available like tocovit and others.

berk

But OP is talking about depleting it quick and in that context Peat always recommends to take E to protect yourself from the damage.

Also in recent years there are some good E supplements available like tocovit and others.
i think i have read that RP dont take vit E anymore because the supplements these days do more harm than good.
(Quality couple years ago was better then now)
So if there are good quality vitamine e on the marked then RP probably take it.

Anyways, how does someone know if quality is good/bad.... its like any oil, you cant. (or do you have a lab in your pocket ;-) )

milkboi

i think i have read that RP dont take vit E anymore because the supplements these days do more harm than good.
(Quality couple years ago was better then now)
So if there are good quality vitamine e on the marked then RP probably take it.

Anyways, how does someone know if quality is good/bad.... its like any oil, you cant. (or do you have a lab in your pocket ;-) )

haidut’s TocoVit is pretty damn high quality

Markus

I sometimes do a mix of pea protein powder, highly branched cyclic dextrin and ground oats in coconut water 3-4 times a day as meal replacement. In addition to that, I also take some B-vitamins, choline and inositol.