Ultra low fat diet experiment || My 10 day experience

Nebula

Low fat (rice and lean meat) gives me whisper low inflammation and feeling of lightness which I like a lot but unfortunately does seem to lower hormone production.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Low fat diets lower testosterone. Would it be expected that ultra low fat would result in ultra low testosterone?

Yes and no. There were about 2 studies showing that eating only 10% of your calories from fat didn't lower T. T was and stayed around 500.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Low fat (rice and lean meat) gives me whisper low inflammation and feeling of lightness which I like a lot but unfortunately does seem to lower hormone production.
What were the main sides that you experienced?

Nebula

What were the main sides that you experienced?
Starvation. I struggle with getting my body to fully metabolize carbs, so even with eating huge amounts it doesn’t feel like I’m getting enough energy from my food. It didn’t used to be that way. 10 years ago I thrived on low fat (maybe 30-50 grams fat max), high carb. I’d like to get back to that state because it does feel superior. More euphoric and youthful.

S

shucknchuck

no Hans keto killed me for years lol but strangely, I am reaping the benefits of a low-fat, high-carb diet my hunger increased a lot and my intestines improved a lot too, but I'll try some more time, and it's really true, low fat increases fat burning a lot, I got very thin
disregard that. it was just a lame joke.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
(sorry i was joking about people's propensity to swing from one extreme to another. not mocking you, I have similar experiences with fat and personally consume something like 3:3:3)

bro have you heard of gluconeogenesis?? we can get all the glucose we need from protein!
Lol ok. Jokes are impossible online since we can't see each others expressions. I get you bro.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
no Hans keto killed me for years lol but strangely, I am reaping the benefits of a low-fat, high-carb diet my hunger increased a lot and my intestines improved a lot too, but I'll try some more time, and it's really true, low fat increases fat burning a lot, I got very thin
Np man. Funny how your intestine improved by mine got worse. Do you know how many grams of fat you are daily?

sweetpeat

Do you think eating low fat could reduce SHBG? I did a low fat experiment in 2021 and found that my free testosterone doubled during that time. Unfortunately, I didn't measure my SHBG so i suppose it could have been caused by something else. And I'm female, if that makes a difference. Just wondering if eating low fat could help someone with high SHBG.

Roni123@

Np man. Funny how your intestine improved by mine got worse. Do you know how many grams of fat you are daily?
Hi Hans, less than 50 grams, most days less than 30 grams.... in the beginning I focused on foods rich in starches (potatoes, rice, cassava, pumpkin and some bananas) and a lot of choline from egg yolks (5 yolks) and no fructose. because I wanted to improve my liver glycogen to correct my body.... and I started to feel warmer after meals and easier to gain muscle mass.... I can currently warm up with fruits, and I have a lot of appetite and hunger, even for carbohydrates.... however, there are days when fruits still make me cold, always after a stressful day....

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you think eating low fat could reduce SHBG? I did a low fat experiment in 2021 and found that my free testosterone doubled during that time. Unfortunately, I didn't measure my SHBG so i suppose it could have been caused by something else. And I'm female, if that makes a difference. Just wondering if eating low fat could help someone with high SHBG.
In theory yes, since low carb usually increases SHBG. However, I've found a short term study (2 weeks) showing that low fat (they didn't specify the % of fat) increased SHBG. But it could have been a high fiber vegan diet.

Fat, such as palmitic and stearic acid can actually lower SHBG. So a balanced diet rich in saturated fat should also be able to keep excess SHBG down.

I would have tested my total and free T after 30 days, but unfortunately after 10 days I was just not feeling well.

Havde

I tried a low fat diet aswell after listening to Durianrider lol. Ate a ***t ton of pasta and sugar, felt like absolut crap for a few weeks until I gave up.

I'm almost at those same macros myself, just slightly higher protein. For an inactive person, 11mg zinc daily from animal sources is likely fine. Someone that sweats a lot might need more. There hasn't been a study looking at someone's general health and well-being and correlating it to different levels of zinc, so perhaps there is a sweet spot, but we don't know about it yet (or at least we have to find it ourselves).
Yeah, the macros work well for me. Im thinking zinc between 30-50 milligrams might help heal my hernia.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals