Caffeine/K2/Glycine/Methylene Blue - Fixing The Liver

javacody

A factor of 5 is not much considering the massive dose you get from the supplements of those vitamins. I also followed Peats advice about absorbing them well from a liver meal by adding a little butter. I find supplemented retinol useful, but I have no doubt in my mind that the root cause of my acne is not deficiency of those vitamins.

As long as you believe it, it must be true. ;)

Peater Piper

If you take fat soluble vitamins on a low fat diet, you're not going to absorb them well. So you could have been taking 5 times what you're eating now and probably still have been absorbing less. Studies bear this out.
Depends on the specific vitamin. There's a huge variation in the amount of fat needed for proper absorption, with K2 requiring quite a bit of fat. On the other hand, D3 seems to absorb pretty well regardless of dietary fat consumption.

Dietary fat increases vitamin D-3 absorption. - PubMed - NCBI
Meal conditions affect the absorption of supplemental vitamin D3 but not the plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D response to supplementation. - PubMed - NCBI

Jsaute21

Just out of curiosity, are you purposefully avoiding starch? I know endotoxin from starch is a liver burden, but I've found my liver health to actually improve with eating more starch and more "normal" foods, like soups / stir fries with starch included. Idk if it's mineral balance or nutrients or something, but all sugar leaves me feeling like I'm craving more, in a way that makes me agitated / bad mood, which makes me think it could be causing liver issues.
Couldn't agree more with this. I value sugar and its benefits but personally I feel as if avoiding starch is crazy. (Unless severely overweight). I sleep much better and put on muscle more easily when starches are present in the diet. Potatoes, white rice, sweet potatoes etc are far from burdensome foods.

EIRE24

I got no idea what would the amount the fat required to notice this. I usually eat high fat (200 or 300g/day) and notice acne has been reduced or eliminated.
That's a lot of fat. What is your carb intake like and also what height and weight are you if you don't mind me asking?

jyb

That's a lot of fat. What is your carb intake like and also what height and weight are you if you don't mind me asking?

6 feet 155 lbs sedentary most weeks but not adverse to occasional exercise. I eat carb when I feel like it, mostly from dinner which often includes a starch serving.

OP
D

DankMemes

Hi y'all big update

I just weighed myself today and I'm at 88kg! At my heaviest a few weeks ago i was over 100kg.

Probably a lot of water and glycogen weight but I'm definitely seeing more definition in my muscles for the first time in 2 years.

I've changed my diet up a bit and I'm feeling much more satisfied and my temps have gone up. It's not as low fat as intended but it's far less calories than my previous diet

1L goat milk
1-2kg white potato
3-4 barra fillets or bowl of shrimp
Homemade pickled beets
Fruit for snacking (not a lot, usually dates)
Coffee and sugar to milk in morning
Strawberry jam to milk at night

I feel better with goat milk instead of cows, less fluid and more salt/starch helps too.

I've got a good feeling that I've finally found a diet that doesn't give me any issues. I was constantly tweaking and it got annoying.

Last edited:

EIRE24

Hi y'all big update

I just weighed myself today and I'm at 88kg! At my heaviest a few weeks ago i was over 100kg.

Probably a lot of water and glycogen weight but I'm definitely seeing more definition in my for the first time in 2 years.

I've changed my diet up a bit and I'm feeling much more satisfied and my temp has gone up. It's not as low fat as intended but it's far less calories than my previous diet

1L goat milk
1-2kg white potato
3-4 barra fillets or bowl of shrimp
Homemade pickled beets
Fruit for snacking (not a lot, usually dates)
Coffee and sugar to milk in morning
Strawberry jam to milk at night

I feel better with goat milk and less liquid more starch.

I've got a good feeling that I've finally found a diet that doesn't give me any issues. I was constantly tweaking and it got annoying.
I like the look of this diet.

I'd like to know what way you eat the foods so what's for breakfast, lunch and dinner

OP
D

DankMemes

Generally I eat the same 2 meals up to 4 times a day.

Meal 1
250ml coffee with sugar - this is where I add caffeine powder
Fish fillet/prawns/oysters/mussels/lamb shank - usually fish, but it's pricey
Piece of fruit

Meal 2
500g potato - roasted because it forces me to chew more helping my digestion, less liquid too
Lots of sea salt
Maybe bbq sauce or butter if the thought of dry potato is unappealing
100g or so of pickled beets every few days

On workout days I have that 4th serving of potatoes. I also take a powerade(cannot find a single juice that works for me) with aspirin and creatine to the gym.

I try to listen to my cravings more and have been eating less sugar, more starch and more cooked food. I digest potatoes very well when they're eaten alone.

I stopped supplementing taurine and glycine because I suspect the brand is low quality and was causing issues. Still taking methylene blue, caffeine powder, estroban and k2. Aspirin is only on workout days now.

I work as a bouncer on the weekends and can't eat my potatoes or milk. I'll drink coke from the bar and sometimes grab a kebab with lamb/cheese/lettuce/tomato/bbq sauce - this is rare though, I usually stuff myself before work but I'd rather eat a kebab than go hungry, I skip the PUFA sauces though.

I know my diet isn't perfect but it feels good. All my cravings feel satisfied and my digestion is great.