Children Drinking Whole Milk Are Leaner Than Ones Drinking Skim Or Low Fat Milk

Tenacity

Yeah if you get literally all your protein from full fat dairy sources that is going to be hugely calorific, with the fat that comes alongside it.

I have heard this inflammatory aminos thing many times through Peat but in my personal experience the reverse is true. When I was eating barely any meat and mostly dairy I felt horrendous.

I agree. Something about getting the majority of protein from milk feels weird. Not to mention all that liquid. Gelatin always made my skin quality worsen so that's not really an option either.

If you compare beef and milk on CRON the amounts of methionine and tryptophan are basically identical, whereas meat has more glycine and cystine. It's weird.

Hans

Forum Supporter
If I eat high fat, especially from dairy, I get fat. Coconut oil isn't fattening to me and MCT oil not at all. Cocoa butter in moderation is also fine. It seem specific to dairy fat. Maybe the estrogen? Skim milk is also not fattening to me.

Very high doses of protein, 4.4g/kg/day has been studied before by Antonio et al. and it caused no adverse effects over a 1 year period. Whey was used to increase protein intake. However the study was done on young individuals, I still think protein is very much needed and it's more than the RDA. Peat apparently eats 150g of protein daily and he doesn't even lift. I know it's probably mostly from dairy and gelatin, but beef and chicken becomes much more valuable the more one focuses on building muscle and strength.

D

Deleted member 5487

Yeah if you get literally all your protein from full fat dairy sources that is going to be hugely calorific.

I have heard this inflammatory aminos thing many times through Peat but in my personal experience the reverse is true. When I was eating barely any meat and mostly dairy I felt horrendous.

The inflammatory are high in both, but yes diary doesn't sit well for some due to such high tryptophan which gets absorbed so quickly. While meat is bound with fats/cell structures.

It's crucial to have protein absorption be slow so the liver/blood sugar can handle it. It's also important to have glycine with protein to help metabolize methionine avoiding homosytine/hypermethioninemia.

Mossy

If you consume full fat to get all your protein, you will get fat, just as peat says in one of his quotes.

Almost all proteins are fat bound. Isolated sources like whey/egg whites are so
dangerous to blood sugar/health.
While skim/1% are essentially identical products to the former.

I believe less protein is really needed than what's recommended here, particularly the inflammatory amino. Add 6TBS of Geatin throughout the day, if your worried about not getting enough protein. Always drink it after fatty milk/meal.

1 glasses of full fat alongside some fruit/oj is a perfect meal for me.

Don't see any point/need to drink a gallon of liquid protein(skim)
Ok, that makes sense to me—needing to consume less of the full-fat, to prevent fat gain. Thanks.

Mossy

Did you change anything else about your diet when you included the whole milk? Fat is considerably more calorific than carbs or protein so it is easy to over consume calories. I am eating more fat than I've ever eaten, but to within my calorie limits and losing weight.
I don’t think I changed anything else.

So, the moral of the story is, you can consume as much full-fat as your metabolism allows.

raypeatclips

I don’t think I changed anything else.

So, the moral of the story is, you can consume as much full-fat as your metabolism allows.

So if you had a good thing going with your calories, then introduced whole milk, I'm guessing the extra calories pushed you over the threshold of maintain your weight into weight gain calorie threshold. You could've kept drinking the same amount of whole milk and reduced other parts of your diet and maintained weight. Although that depends on what you want to do with your diet and how you feel.

Mossy

So if you had a good thing going with your calories, then introduced whole milk, I'm guessing the extra calories pushed you over the threshold of maintain your weight into weight gain calorie threshold. You could've kept drinking the same amount of whole milk and reduced other parts of your diet and maintained weight. Although that depends on what you want to do with your diet and how you feel.
Yes—I went over the threshold. I will try full-fat again, when I run out of my fresh gallon of low fat.

For arguments sake, could I pair this low fat with coconut oil, and get the best of both worlds—avoiding fat gain and insulin imbalance? This assumes the position that coconut oil doesn’t make you gain fat, as some report; though, I believe is contrary to Peat’s thoughts.

rei

Not the same, taking out the fat takes out many other things as well. Skim milk is bearable, low fat is ok, whole milk is super food.

edit: peat drinks low fat because he consumes such large amounts. Any normal person that drinks a glass or two with meal should drink whole milk.

bistecca

I think i remember hearing ray or someone say that in reduced fat milk, the vitamins a&d are typically dissolved in some kind of pufa rich oil, because pufa increases the water solubility..

D

Deleted member 5487

Not the same, taking out the fat takes out many other things as well. Skim milk is bearable, low fat is ok, whole milk is super food.

edit: peat drinks low fat because he consumes such large amounts. Any normal person that drinks a glass or two with meal should drink whole milk.

Agreed

Last edited by a moderator:

Mossy

So, what if one does drink large amounts of milk—stick to low fat? And, add a fat, coconut oil?

D

Deleted member 5487

So, what if one does drink large amounts of milk—stick to low fat? And, add a fat, coconut oil?

If u have weight issues. Lower your milk intake.

Milk should supplement your diet, not be your diet.

In that order:
Fruit and CO are cellular energy
Diary: Structural
Eggs/Liver/Shell fish nutritional

Fruit and CO make fruitarians sickly skinny and brittle boned, with low sex hormones 70%

Diary adds calcium and protein to fix the former 20%

Eggs/Liver/Shell fish provide the nutrients needed to support the latter, such a high metabolism safety.

This is how I interpret peats work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mossy

If u have weight issues. Lower your milk intake.

Milk should supplement your diet, not be your diet.

In that order:
Fruit and CO are cellular energy
Diary: Structural
Eggs/Liver/Shell fish nutritional

Fruit and CO make fruitarians sickly skinny and brittle boned, with low sex hormones 70%

Diary adds calcium and protein to fix the former 20%

Eggs/Liver/Shell fish provide the nutrients needed to support the latter, such a high metabolism safety.

This is how I interpret peats work.
I respect and understand this perspective, but for argument’s sake, Peat does drink a lot of low fat or skim milk. So, if one were to do this, could they compensate for the lack of fat in low fat by using coconut oil to create more balance?

BigChad

If you consume full fat to get all your protein, you will get fat, just as peat says in one of his quotes.

Almost all proteins are fat bound. Isolated sources like whey/egg whites are so
dangerous to blood sugar/health.
While skim/1% are essentially identical products to the former.

I believe less protein is really needed than what's recommended here, particularly the inflammatory amino. Add 6TBS of Geatin throughout the day, if your worried about not getting enough protein. Always drink it after fatty milk/meal.

1 glasses of full fat alongside some fruit/oj is a perfect meal for me.

Don't see any point/need to drink a gallon of liquid protein(skim)

Why is whey protein dangerous? Egg whites have the biotin issue but besides that whats dangerous about whey or egg whites. What if you ate some chocolate or additional fat carb source alongside the whey protein

Gone Peating

I think i remember hearing ray or someone say that in reduced fat milk, the vitamins a&d are typically dissolved in some kind of pufa rich oil, because pufa increases the water solubility..

Can you provide a link? That's actually huge tbh

bistecca

I don't have anything right at hand, but I definitely remember hearing ray say that and if that's the case, it should be documented somewhere.. some industrial journal maybe.

bistecca

Can you provide a link? That's actually huge tbh

okay found something..

"A number of different types of vitamin concentrates are available, including oil based and water dispersible formulations. Most contain vitamin D3 (or less often vitamin D2) and/or vitamin A palmitate in a carrier generally consisting of a combination of any of the following: corn oil, water, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol and glycerol monooleate. "

https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/OEHFP/OFPCHS/Milk/Shared Documents/DPC053_Vitamin_AD_Fortification_Fluid_Milk.pdf

It's an old document but I doubt anything has changed.

I only drink whole milk for that reason. Organic Valley has a product labeled "Grass Milk" which is advertised as only grass fed. They make whole, 2% and skim i think. The whole is the only one without added vitamins. They also make a homogenized version of the whole milk because sometimes the cream coagulates and sticks to the container. The homogenized version upsets my stomach.. Must be something about the process.. maybe they sneak emulsifiers or gums or chemically modify in some way thru temp/pressure/radiation manipulations. Don't know..
In a perfect world I'd have my own pasture and livestock but oh well..

Gone Peating

okay found something..

"A number of different types of vitamin concentrates are available, including oil based and water dispersible formulations. Most contain vitamin D3 (or less often vitamin D2) and/or vitamin A palmitate in a carrier generally consisting of a combination of any of the following: corn oil, water, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol and glycerol monooleate. "

https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/OEHFP/OFPCHS/Milk/Shared Documents/DPC053_Vitamin_AD_Fortification_Fluid_Milk.pdf

I only drink whole milk for that reason. Organic Valley has a product labeled "Grass Milk" which is advertised as only grass fed. They make whole, 2% and skim i think. The whole is the only one without added vitamins. They also make a homogenized version of the whole milk because sometimes the cream coagulates and sticks to the container. The homogenized version upsets my stomach.. Must be something about the process.. maybe they sneak emulsifiers or gums or chemically modify in some way thru temp/pressure/radiation manipulations. Don't know..

Man that's annoying. I wonder how much corn oil is added

Jib

okay found something..

I've recently added milk back to my diet, and have only been doing whole milk for the same reason. However, the fact that Peat's allegedly been drinking large quantities of commercial reduced fat milk for many years makes me wonder if I'm just being excessively paranoid.

Non-homogenized milk is not available where I am, with the exception of raw milk from local farmers, and the Meyenberg goat milk. In stores here, the Organic Valley "Cream on Top" milk has been discontinued, and you can only get the homogenized, ultra pasteurized version.

There's a local farm nearby that sells raw Jersey milk. I've been there years ago, and it's excellent. I might make the switch back, but am not sure yet.

Grocery store wise: Whole milk seems to be the lesser of two evils. I'd rather deal with the higher fat content and avoid the potentially toxic Vitamin A palmitate added to reduced fat milks. Especially since I've been drinking a lot of milk lately. That Vitamin A palmitate can add up very quickly if you're drinking large quantities of milk on a daily basis.

Many argue the opposite, though. And if I start getting fatter from whole milk, I might reconsider my position here.

The main attraction for me of the raw milk is the lack of BS. No added anything, no homogenization. That, and I like the idea of supporting local communities. I really like the farms I've visited that sell raw milk. And it's nice to be able to see the cows grazing on pasture and know that they're being treated well and living good lives.

For people who do not have access to affordable local raw milk, I don't think it's worth overthinking the 'dangers' of commercial milk. Just about everything in the commercial food supply is contaminated these days. If you're like me and are pretty broke, you have to think of what your best options are given a list of "not so great" options. At $9 a gallon, my local raw milk is pretty cheap compared to other locations, and is a little over 30 minutes away.

And again...to my knowledge, Peat has been drinking commercial reduced fat milk for many years and is fine. FWIW, I've been feeling better adding commercial whole milk to my diet lately, about a quart a day, sometimes more. I've noticed I'm craving it, and it naturally has vastly curbed my appetite for meat, which I was eating much more of prior to including milk. My cravings for juice have also gone way down, and I'm much more inclined to eating whole fruit now. Overall it seems to be a great addition to my diet and has helped balance things out so far. My energy levels are still low, but seem more stable with less crashing.