Low Toxin Testimonials Low Vitamin A Diet Testimonials

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Do you notice much of anything when you first started to take egg shell calcium? Do you feel it helps you in any way?
No, nothing noticeable. I’m concerned with maintaining bone density and I’m not willing to take the chance on avoiding calcium.

Apple

These testimonials are real and I'm glad a lot of people are benefiting from a low Vitamin A lifestyle.

in the thread, a lot of factors have been mentioned, such as the relationship of vitamin A and vitamin D, the relationship between metabolism and vitamin A, and the quality of the foods eaten in the modern Western world.

Still, it is mainly empirical and it has not applied to every human being? Is it a Caucasian issue, or s geographical issue related to temperate climes, or is it an issue of the Western population sharing s common supply chain of foods and drugs and vaccines and medical thought?

I live in the tropics, I'm Asian, I drink at most 2 glasses of milk a week, eat a serving each of oysters and livers once a week, eat egg once a day, and eat pork, beef, chicken, and wild caught seafood (squid, anchovies, scads), and fruits are mainly bananas, pineapples, papayas, and a citrus fruit called calamansi. My only veggie is cooked green leaves.

But I benefited from taking vitamin A in the form of liver. My eyesight and my dandruff and my dry skin (at my heels) improved greatly, to the extent that I no longer need to wear glasses be it driving or reading small text with my small Samsung s5.

There are so many confounding factors aka rabbit holes introduced by our masters into the western way of life that one cannot begin to understand where the root cause of vitamin A toxicity comes from.

So, the best thing we have is just to practice a vitamin A elimination diet, in the.presence of doubt.
Why not more milk? 2 glasses of milk a week is almost nothing

yerrag

Why not more milk? 2 glasses of milk a week is almost nothing
I take other sources of calcium, such as well-cooked green leaves, and also take ground egg shells. Green leaves have plenty magnesium as well, which milk doesn't.

I see people with very good teeth who don't regularly drink milk nor eat cheese. They have great bone structure just the same, because they eat plenty of green leaves, which is widely available and don't cost a lot. While Ray Peat says they can be contaminated with heavy metals, which is a downside, the milk I get is UHT processed milk, which is also heavily fortified with Vitamin A and D, stuff I do not like because fortification has its downside as well. I suspect the Vitamin A toxicity which many members experience is the result of fortification.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I suspect the Vitamin A toxicity which many members experience is the result of fortification.
I suspect this is a big contributing factor too.

peter88

Has anybody on the low A diet gotten thyroid labs before starting and after? Curious

Nebula

I suspect this is a big contributing factor too.
I think mine was almost entirely from a homemade liver pâté. After consuming about an ounce per day for a few weeks I developed some very concerning skin issues that took a couple years to recover from. I think the pâté was probably very absorbable retinol blended with coconut oil. I was probably hypothyroid at the time so definitely did not have the ability to metabolize it or have a need for it. I at least feel very low inflammation on the typical low vitamin A diet (black beans, lean beef, rice) but have not resolved my low thyroid and testosterone.

OP
Blossom

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I think mine was almost entirely from a homemade liver pâté. After consuming about an ounce per day for a few weeks I developed some very concerning skin issues that took a couple years to recover from. I think the pâté was probably very absorbable retinol blended with coconut oil. I was probably hypothyroid at the time so definitely did not have the ability to metabolize it or have a need for it. I at least feel very low inflammation on the typical low vitamin A diet (black beans, lean beef, rice) but have not resolved my low thyroid and testosterone.
That makes sense. There seems to be multiple different ways people can get themselves inadvertently into trouble when hypothyroid. It’s definitely tricky and has taken me 10 years to really understand when, why and how things went wrong for me because none of my root issues are adequately recognized by mainstream medicine or even most holistic/natural approaches. I do hope you are able to get to the root of your thyroid and testosterone issues. We really do have to be our own detectives. I’ve been focusing pretty hardcore on perceive, think, act for the last 1.5 years and everything seems to be going well. I’ll have labs by the end of November and I’m hoping to finally be able to stay off thyroid.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:bump