My 98 Day Low Vitamin A Diet Experiment Combined with Drinking Hot Water Four Times a Day

Eberhardt

Interesting. Eating it doesn´t really help. Did it yesterday and today have stool that is floating (the fiber in it doesn´t seem to help at all) in it´s entirety and also I got a neck pain, neck nerve irritability that happens after eating gluten. Been eating corn-rice-crackerbread-things (galetta?) as well in smaller quntities.
Well if it doesnt help I wouldnt bother. Hard to tell what exactly might be the problem - also sometimes one just have to deal with it a while until it resolves. You dont do the lemon in the water do you?

L_C

Here are my health markers, with which I try to measure the effectiveness of the diet. The grades are based on the average feeling of the previous period. The summary of the grades has improved 3 points, which is a slight improvement:
View attachment 35164
I didn't read your entire thread but for angular cheilitis B2 helps. I developed it recently. I high dosed B2 (1gram split in two doses) and after a week it started going away. I have been taking other B vitamins as well.

aniciete

I cant do brown rice makes me old and my bit bleeds. But agree just add enough white rice and maybe change pears for apples. And get enough white seasalt, supplement with organic sugar as needed. Cramps are partly electrolue and carbdeficiancy. About the jawpain etc tmj and gum problems are symptoms of retinol toxicity. When you dont eat carbs you detox less thus less pain. Try apples as they have more fiber to suck up tje retinol in your gut, but dont push to hard as detox is tough. Better be less strict first. And dont worry all medical texts confirm you need 3 - 4 years to get depleted due to fat and liver storage. 6 months if you are already "deficiant" so what you experience is not retinol deficiancy as that is physically impossible , so its either detox, or some other nutrient problem/sensitivity. I wouldnt recomend lemonwater as it contains lots of flavanoids competing for the alcohol dehydrogenase
Any reason for seasalt in particular?

Eberhardt

Any reason for seasalt in particular?
yes and no. In one way its the most convinient salt for me to get hold of that is purified but dont have any fillers. I think pure white seasalt might have good minerals, but its a double-edged sword. Unfortunatly a lot of mined salt aslo has impurities and less rigorous standards so its harder to know whats in it. I have tried to do a lot of research but in part I feel better on it and its convinient for me. I also tried to see if there was any areas where microplastic was of little concern and theres huge differences around the world so I chose salt from very low plastic areas that are tested.

OP
Max23

Max23

Well if it doesnt help I wouldnt bother. Hard to tell what exactly might be the problem - also sometimes one just have to deal with it a while until it resolves. You dont do the lemon in the water do you?
No I don´t put lemon into the water. That is very well said, that some things I just have to wait out. There definitely is great progress in muscle function, which is very motivating.

OP
Max23

Max23

@L_C @aliml Interesting! Have been taking B2 regularly. Only nontopical that has helped was iron.

youngsinatra

Have you tried psyllium husk?

It‘s the most gentle soluble fiber imo and works great for binding up free bile in the gut, leading to improved bowel movements.

When I personally eat to few soluble fibers, I get diarrhea-ish and adding in soluble fiber makes my stool go back to perfect.

Soluble fiber is the most important thing for VA detox.

Dr. G Smith says that activated charcoal is another way of getting bile OUT of your system.

OP
Max23

Max23

@youngsinatra Yes I have it. It causes constipation. I can try it again, with this diet the body seems to work differently. Activated charcoal seems to cause eczema for me. I don´t like it very much. There don´t seem to be much other options. Pears have a lot of soluble fiber. I´ll try some beans later on as well.

youngsinatra

@youngsinatra Yes I have it. It causes constipation. I can try it again, with this diet the body seems to work differently. Activated charcoal seems to cause eczema for me. I don´t like it very much. There don´t seem to be much other options. Pears have a lot of soluble fiber. I´ll try some beans later on as well.
How much psyllium did you use?

In the beginning I was overdoing the psyllium (3 x 10g a day) but 3 x 5g a day works pretty well.

Beans are awesome, make my stool perfect but the gas (not bloating tho) is just terrible and not good when you are at work around lots of people.

OP
Max23

Max23

How much psyllium did you use?

In the beginning I was overdoing the psyllium (3 x 10g a day) but 3 x 5g a day works pretty well.

Beans are awesome, make my stool perfect but the gas (not bloating tho) is just terrible and not good when you are at work around lots of people.
I used 15 grams per day and it made my teeth hurt. Later on psyllium started to cause constipation, that is even 5 grams per day. During last summer I did the bean diet, that is half a cup of beans with every meal, it definitely made the stool bigger, but also caused body acne. Beans don´t give gas to me.

Korven

I used 15 grams per day and it made my teeth hurt. Later on psyllium started to cause constipation, that is even 5 grams per day. During last summer I did the bean diet, that is half a cup of beans with every meal, it definitely made the stool bigger, but also caused body acne. Beans don´t give gas to me.

Interesting... I also get teeth and gum inflammation when I eat too much soluble fiber. One time it got so bad I had to get emergency dental care because my whole jaw was swollen.

Depression, estrogenic uncontrollable libido, feelings of restlessness/irritability, body acne are other signs that I associate with eating too much of the wrong fiber.

Korven

Also you might be interested in reading these posts by CLASH: Beans To Get Rid Of Sludgy Bile

Eating beans can have unforeseen consequences. The studies he linked suggest legumes lead to increased secondary bile acids and biliary cholesterol supersaturation.

OP
Max23

Max23

Also you might be interested in reading these posts by CLASH: Beans To Get Rid Of Sludgy Bile

Eating beans can have unforeseen consequences. The studies he linked suggest legumes lead to increased secondary bile acids and biliary cholesterol supersaturation.
Read that thread just now and also listened to that Quax podcast that is talked about in the thread. Listened it in the summer. It was a very interesting story and an easy diet to try out. Glad I did it because I got more information. I guess the type of bacteria one has and the state of the immune system also plays a role in how one uses or handles beans. A few months ago I took TUDCA, which helps with body acne very well, after a week or so of taking it I ate a big can of beans and had a massive outbreak of body acne. Very contradictory event.

I also get teeth and gum inflammation when I eat too much soluble fiber. One time it got so bad I had to get emergency dental care because my whole jaw was swollen.
Wow! That is crazy.

OP
Max23

Max23

Day 19

Have a lot of trouble with muscle twitching, especially the inner sides of calf muscles (I think due to a lower back problem). Energy crashes a lot. Have a lot of food cravings. Food is often not satiating, am hungry after eating. Muscles don´t work very well this week. The stool has been yellow, with a smooth structure (I think caused by 5 days of TUDCA). Today it went totally green, floating and fuzzy. After I reintroduced fried (without oil or fats) minced beef. It seems to be causing intestinal inflammation, I really can not imagine why. It also causes gum inflammation (which went away after not eating it) and makes the rectum bloody and the anus painful.

Plusses right now: easier breathing, genitals feel more pleasure, teeth feel smooth and when the energy isn´t crashed, muscles contract much better.

Main foods that I eat right now: rice, potatoes (french fries included), chicken, pears, honey, gluten-free bread, coffee, berry juices, jam, canned turkey, frozen beef cutlets, some berries.

For years I have been wondering whether I have histamine intolerance (I have elevated IgE as well). It doesn´t seem but be the case, but you never know. Current list of problematic foods: dairy, eggs (mainly eggwhite, not yolk), peanuts, gelatin, gluten, gluten free cookies, gluten free oats, fried minced beef, bananas, apples, kiwis, pineapples, canned peppers, packaged orange juice, protein powders, tap water, vitamin C, alcohol in IdeaLabs products definitely causes problems, nicotine as well, vinegar.

Histamine rich foods that don´t cause problems for me: sauerkraut, smoked fish, dried meat, ham, chocolate, raspberries, strawberries, soy sauce.

Eberhardt

Day 19

Have a lot of trouble with muscle twitching, especially the inner sides of calf muscles (I think due to a lower back problem). Energy crashes a lot. Have a lot of food cravings. Food is often not satiating, am hungry after eating. Muscles don´t work very well this week. The stool has been yellow, with a smooth structure (I think caused by 5 days of TUDCA). Today it went totally green, floating and fuzzy. After I reintroduced fried (without oil or fats) minced beef. It seems to be causing intestinal inflammation, I really can not imagine why. It also causes gum inflammation (which went away after not eating it) and makes the rectum bloody and the anus painful.

Plusses right now: easier breathing, genitals feel more pleasure, teeth feel smooth and when the energy isn´t crashed, muscles contract much better.

Main foods that I eat right now: rice, potatoes (french fries included), chicken, pears, honey, gluten-free bread, coffee, berry juices, jam, canned turkey, frozen beef cutlets, some berries.

For years I have been wondering whether I have histamine intolerance (I have elevated IgE as well). It doesn´t seem but be the case, but you never know. Current list of problematic foods: dairy, eggs (mainly eggwhite, not yolk), peanuts, gelatin, gluten, gluten free cookies, gluten free oats, fried minced beef, bananas, apples, kiwis, pineapples, canned peppers, packaged orange juice, protein powders, tap water, vitamin C, alcohol in IdeaLabs products definitely causes problems, nicotine as well, vinegar.

Histamine rich foods that don´t cause problems for me: sauerkraut, smoked fish, dried meat, ham, chocolate, raspberries, strawberries, soy sauce.
Well for what its worth. TUDCA ia supposedly counterproductive at least according to some. Maybe not the most scientific argument but I heard several people using it where it enda up really backfiring increasing blood absorption of bile.

OP
Max23

Max23

Day 22

I ended the diet on day 22, today. The fasciculations got really bad. They appear all over the body, but mainly in the calf muscles. No it is hard to put my weight on the left leg. Also I have a lot of muscle pain and weakness. Am very fatigued, the brain doesn´t work very well and it all seems to be getting worse. Now am a bit nauseus as well. Have food cravings, but find the foods I have been eating on the diet disgusting. I plan on eating to cravings until energy restores and fasciculations go away. I wasn´t calorie, carb, protein or fat deficient. Was constantly hungry, but gained some weight on the diet. Took caprylic acid on the last three days, which seemed to restore the stool.

I really don´t know why the experiment failed. I had success when I attempted a low vitamin A diet the first time. Eczema, breathing, abdomen muscle and sexual function improved this time on the diet. Teeth also feel smoother.

I was deficient on the diet on calcium, iodine, B1, B2, B9, vitamin D and A. B9 deficiency seems to be to most likely culprit, since I have elevated homocysteine and probable small intestine inflammation. The other explanations for failure are a viral infection, I have lip burning, angular cheilitis is worse, also a herpetic inflammation near the eye. Also some kind of a fungal infection, SIBO are problems that could have interfered with the experiment.

I got some new knowledge form the diet, like finding out that eating fried minced beef causes intestinal inflammation (also gum inflammation) and ruins the stool and that drinking warm water makes the face to flush and the neck and jaw tight. New research objectives from this diet could be finding out whether I have B9 deficiency or histamine intolerance. I have tried restrictive diets before and most of them cause a crash in energy and muscle function. That should be taken into account with further diets.

Markers of the diet:
1649679862537.png

Eberhardt

Day 22

I ended the diet on day 22, today. The fasciculations got really bad. They appear all over the body, but mainly in the calf muscles. No it is hard to put my weight on the left leg. Also I have a lot of muscle pain and weakness. Am very fatigued, the brain doesn´t work very well and it all seems to be getting worse. Now am a bit nauseus as well. Have food cravings, but find the foods I have been eating on the diet disgusting. I plan on eating to cravings until energy restores and fasciculations go away. I wasn´t calorie, carb, protein or fat deficient. Was constantly hungry, but gained some weight on the diet. Took caprylic acid on the last three days, which seemed to restore the stool.

I really don´t know why the experiment failed. I had success when I attempted a low vitamin A diet the first time. Eczema, breathing, abdomen muscle and sexual function improved this time on the diet. Teeth also feel smoother.

I was deficient on the diet on calcium, iodine, B1, B2, B9, vitamin D and A. B9 deficiency seems to be to most likely culprit, since I have elevated homocysteine and probable small intestine inflammation. The other explanations for failure are a viral infection, I have lip burning, angular cheilitis is worse, also a herpetic inflammation near the eye. Also some kind of a fungal infection, SIBO are problems that could have interfered with the experiment.

I got some new knowledge form the diet, like finding out that eating fried minced beef causes intestinal inflammation (also gum inflammation) and ruins the stool and that drinking warm water makes the face to flush and the neck and jaw tight. New research objectives from this diet could be finding out whether I have B9 deficiency or histamine intolerance. I have tried restrictive diets before and most of them cause a crash in energy and muscle function. That should be taken into account with further diets.

Markers of the diet:
View attachment 35583
You took bile and it was a very short bout. Last time it probably gave you a little honeymmon. Might take months to feel better at least.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the update @Max23.
I’m still including some hot water in my life because I find it enjoyable. My gut is doing pretty good after all of this too. My hormones really seem to really crash on low A though unfortunately. I’ve replicated it for myself twice now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals